Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 12 Apr 2009 (Sunday) 21:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Strobist newbie -- Pocketwizard question =/

merp
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 12, 2009 21:11 |  #1
bannedPermanently

Sorry if this has been posted before. Planning on grabbing the new Pocketwizards here shortly, but I'm a little confused. I'd like to grab the MiniTT1 and the FlexTT5. But..just to be sure about things(here I go)

If I want to flash off more then one flash with this device I am going to need more then one lexTT5 correct?

Say if I have a 430exII on one stand, and another 580exII on the other. I will need of course the MiniTT1, and two FlexTT5's right?

Again apologize for dumbing down the post =/ I just want to be 100% sure!

sponsored links
jdhart73
476 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 12, 2009 22:16 |  #2

You are correct...one transmitter on camera and 1 flex for each off camera flash.

Jake

BLOG (external link)
Canon stim to stern......

merp
THREAD ­ STARTER
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 12, 2009 22:40 |  #3
bannedPermanently

jdhart73 wrote in post #7718023 (external link)
You are correct...one transmitter on camera and 1 flex for each off camera flash.

Jake

Thank you. Appreciated xD

Let ­ Me ­ In
30 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 13, 2009 00:13 as a reply to  @ merp's post |  #4

sorry for my noobie question as well, but any advantages to going with 3 Flex units (1 on camera; 1 each on speedlights) instead of 1 mini and 2 Flex units?

Thanks!

jdhart73
476 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 13, 2009 00:55 |  #5

unfortunately I am pretty new to this also and have not received my flex and mini yet (still in the mail) so I do not have a good answer for you.

Jake

BLOG (external link)

jdhart73
476 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 13, 2009 01:14 as a reply to  @ Let Me In's post |  #6

Actually found a brief answer to your question from another poster here....

The MiniTT1 is a small transmitter for the camera. It's forté is its small size.

The Flex TT5 is a receiver when attached to a flash, but can also be attached to the camera as a transmitter. The FlexTT5 is a transceiver in the traditional PW pedigree.

Because of the different batteries, some are advocating using two Flex units, one on the camera and one [or more] on the flash gun.

Because the original PW transceiver has come in for a little criticism for being awkward and prone to damage in the hotshoe of the primary camera, PW designed a small and neat transmitter unit, the MiniTT1.

BLOG (external link)

merp
THREAD ­ STARTER
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 13, 2009 01:58 |  #7
bannedPermanently

jdhart73 wrote in post #7718792 (external link)
Actually found a brief answer to your question from another poster here....

The MiniTT1 is a small transmitter for the camera. It's forté is its small size.

The Flex TT5 is a receiver when attached to a flash, but can also be attached to the camera as a transmitter. The FlexTT5 is a transceiver in the traditional PW pedigree.

Because of the different batteries, some are advocating using two Flex units, one on the camera and one [or more] on the flash gun.

Because the original PW transceiver has come in for a little criticism for being awkward and prone to damage in the hotshoe of the primary camera, PW designed a small and neat transmitter unit, the MiniTT1.

::nods nods:: "grasps information" haha

sponsored links

757 views & 0 likes for this thread
Strobist newbie -- Pocketwizard question =/
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.