Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 20 Apr 2009 (Monday) 01:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Zoombrowser - No Undo in Edit ? ? ?

BobsYourUncle
Goldmember
1,529 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 20, 2009 01:13 |  #1

I have been using Zoombrowser since I first moved from my 35mm SLR to my first digital camera - a G2.

I installed Zoombrowser at that time and continue to use it today because it is simple, effective and easy to use. . . . . and I like the program.

Over the years I update it when I feel like it or get around to it.

Up until some recent update, there has always been an Edit --> Undo selection available on the various tasks you can do with ZB . . . . . . . until recently. Once in a while I am doing a quick edit on a photo and don't like what I did so Edit --> Undo. I'm running v. 6.2.1.31 and I can't believe it!! There is no Edit --> Undo!! What's with that? We all mess up and need to undo something!.

So now when I need to undo a change, I have to close the picture and select don't save changes and then open it back up and try again!!!. What a pain! Even worse, for some strange reason, when I am sifting through Image Library One to locate a certain one of 20,000 pictures, I seem to have this annoyingly dumb habit of accidentally grabbing a folder and dragging it instead of selecting it and consequently moving it somewhere I don't want it to be!! Fat fingers - old age - terminally clumsy - clutz hands . . . call it what you will but I used to be able to undo my bonehead mistakes and now I can't.

Now that I'm finished venting, does anyone have any idea how why where the heck the Edit --> Undo feature evaporated to?????

Set Goals!! If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!
EOS 70D
G1X .... and this other stuff
G11 and
380EX & 430EX
G9 - DEAD (self destructed) I'll fix it one day!

pci2000
75 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 20, 2009 11:54 |  #2

I have ZoomBrowser EX 6.3 1. 6.3.1.8 to be precise.

When I'm in the Edit settings, I can use the Undo and Undo All functions just fine. There is an Undo option right in the sub-screen itself, while you are editing the photo.

I attached a link to a screenshot of my screen, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Screen shot (external link)

Also, see if you can do a Ctrl-Z, meaning hold down the Ctrl Key, while pressing Z. This is the universal Undo function for all Windows-based applications.

Canon Powershot SX10 IS. Lensmate adapter, Hoya UV HMC filter.

rpolitsr
5,951 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Apr 20, 2009 13:27 |  #3

I prepared a similar screenshot from ZB 5.8 that I installed.
The undo buttons are there as pci2000 said, but. . .

I stopped updating ZoomBrowser because on the first 5.8 update I lost the menu bar and the upper tools bar. I ran the updater again and the bars re-appeared, but that was a dangerous move, because ZoomBrowser (Canon software, I think) does not understand windows fully :(

I use Zoombrowser mainly to download images (CameraWindow) and some times to apply RAW Image Task to a group of pictures for pre-edit test porpouses, but all the serious editing is done on PhotoShop or Lightroom

I also discovered a quick date insertion tool while testing for this post :)

I do not defend ZoomBrowser too much, but you can loose your folders dragging them in Adobe Bridge too. (been there, done that).

I hope you find your undo buttons.

By the way, Ctrl Z does not work as undo equivalent on my ZoomBrowser.

rafael
Canon powershot Pro1, EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
"Personal messaging regarding selling or buying items with members who have no posts in forums and/or who you do not know from forums is hereby declared strictly stupid and you will get burned."
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

BobsYourUncle
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,529 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 21, 2009 00:43 as a reply to  @ rpolitsr's post |  #4

I understand I can undo an immediate edit from within the edit screen itself, however, in previous versions of ZB, you could go to the file menu at the top left and select Edit Undo. This is the one I was referring to.

If you edit a picture, the edit screen appears about half size unless you maximize it. I have always been in the habit of doing my edit, clicking OK and looking at it in the full screen view. If you click OK, you're done - you cannot go back and undo a change whereas you used to be able to do it from the overall program Edit menu at the top of the screen.

I just find it annoying that they took that edit undo away

Set Goals!! If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!
EOS 70D
G1X .... and this other stuff
G11 and
380EX & 430EX
G9 - DEAD (self destructed) I'll fix it one day!

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,185 views & 0 likes for this thread
Zoombrowser - No Undo in Edit ? ? ?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.