Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 02 May 2009 (Saturday) 16:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F-Stop Bag Pictures?

mhthomps
227 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 02, 2009 16:59 |  #1

Does anyone have some pics of the F-Stop bags with equipment loaded? I saw the company's official flickr stream and AirRick's excellent review. Anyone have others? Tilopa, Satori or Lotus?

Also, does anyone know which models you can use as a domestic airline carry-on without any problems?

MTJR Photos (external link)
Project 365 Blog (external link)
5DMii | 6D
24-70 2.8L | 70-200 2.8L II IS
Extended Gear List

sponsored links
yokotas13
558 posts
Joined Oct 2006

May 02, 2009 17:22 |  #2

yeah i would like good review of the tilopa and satori so i can decide which i need

-Grant
[URL=http://photograph​y-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=7493258&postcou​nt=1706]Gear List
check the blog- www.wagonofdoom.wordpr​ess.com (external link)

colbyb25
676 posts
Joined Aug 2007

May 02, 2009 18:49 |  #3

I have the new Tilopa pre-ordered and I am just waiting to get it shipped to me however I hear they are having a few issues from the manufacturer. It will get here soon though and I will be sure to post a full review once that happens.

COLBY BROWN PHOTOGRAPHY (external link) -WORKSHOPS - (external link)GOOGLE+ - (external link) TWITTER (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link)
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." ~Marcel Proust

dandig
346 posts
Joined May 2006

May 02, 2009 21:35 |  #4

Ok guys tell me what you want to fit in it and I can tell you which will be best. I use both the Tilopa and the Satori exclusively for my work.

DanCarrPhotography.com (external link)
ShutterMuse.com (external link)
My crazy gear guide! (external link)

dandig
346 posts
Joined May 2006

May 02, 2009 21:43 |  #5

I should post this too...this is the smaller one , the Tilopa. And in fact you could get way more stuff in there too this was just a shot of what i carry if im traveling light. I can also fit a300mm f4 and a24-105 + 1.4tc if i need to.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

If i need to take more than that i use the satori, it has the same size camera compartment as the Tilopa so you can fit the same amount of camera equipment but it has way more space above and around the camera compartment for things like extra clothing,safety gear and supplies.

colbyb25
676 posts
Joined Aug 2007

May 03, 2009 00:34 |  #6

How much extra room? Do you think you can take some side by side photos from the back with both bags open? As I said, I have the Tilopa on pre-order...but was told by f-stop that I could exchange it if I need something bigger. I just want to get an overall idea even though I know the knew Satori is 15% bigger.

COLBY BROWN PHOTOGRAPHY (external link) -WORKSHOPS - (external link)GOOGLE+ - (external link) TWITTER (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link)
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." ~Marcel Proust

dandig
346 posts
Joined May 2006

May 03, 2009 00:41 as a reply to  @ colbyb25's post |  #7

ok yeah i'll try and do that for yo tomorrow. As you say though , the newer versions have slightly different sizing so i'm not sure how much use it'll be. It also might be hard to convey in a photo as there are other minor size differences to other dimensions which don't at first seem like much, but actually make quite a bit of difference.

On the Satori for example, you can fit a considerable amount of stuff either side of the camera compartment whereas on the Tilopa you can really on squeeze that flask you can see in the photo.

Also the front and top pockets are probably at least twice the volume on the Satori. The top pocket is actually quite big, i usually get lunch, 2 pairs of gloves and a spare pair of goggles in it. On the tilopa though i can really only get goggles in there.

colbyb25
676 posts
Joined Aug 2007

May 03, 2009 00:48 |  #8

Fair enough. I appreciate it regardless. I have also head that you can cinch the Satori down alot to make it smaller. I originally had my eye on the Satori, but couldn't find it anywhere, with the new increase in size, 15%, I felt it was just going to be way too much bag for me. The older one however...is still an option....if I can find it. That is why I pre-ordered the Tilopa...but who knows when the hell it is going to get in. I hear they are having issues with their Asian manufacturers.

yokotas13
558 posts
Joined Oct 2006

May 03, 2009 01:18 |  #9

the new satori has a larger camera section than the tilopa

im mainly wanting one becuase you can put lightstands on teh side lol

-Grant
[URL=http://photograph​y-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=7493258&postcou​nt=1706]Gear List

dandig
346 posts
Joined May 2006

May 03, 2009 17:43 |  #10

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND

OK, as promised here are the photos for comparison. As was pointed out though, the new versions are different. IN these pictures the satori and Tilopa have the same size camera block. I spoke to the F-stop guys this morning to confirm the new sizing.

New camerablock sizing will be as follows "medium - 11" tall, large - 15" tall, XL - 19" tall. all are 7.5" deep & 11" wide"

The new Satori will have the XL camera block and the new Tilopa will have the Large camera block. The sizing of the new bags is also different.

yokotas13
558 posts
Joined Oct 2006

May 04, 2009 06:31 |  #11

can i just buy your satori lol

-Grant

dandig
346 posts
Joined May 2006

May 04, 2009 11:16 as a reply to  @ yokotas13's post |  #12

Haha no i need it! I've been using it for nearly 18 months now. I work full time as a photographer in some fairly demanding conditions and i figure I have probably put more than 2000 hours on it by now. The things still look like new!!

But I will be getting the new ones when they come in and i'm going to do an extensive review with videos on what you can fit in them. I'll post it up on here and on my blog.

PaperBubble
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 13, 2009 18:34 as a reply to  @ dandig's post |  #13

Hi there, sorry to bump up this post or whatever, but i'm new to this forum, just wondering if I could ask a couple of questions...
It says on the website you can only fit a 15" laptop in the tilopa, but i was wondering if anyone thinks it would be possible to squeeze a 17" in, or would that be asking too much?
If not, do you reckon you could bring the satori on a flight as hand luggage? Cheers...

Take only pictures and memories, leave only footprints...
www.adamlaister.com (external link)

colbyb25
676 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 13, 2009 19:51 |  #14

I would think a 17 would be too much for the Tilopa. I have the new Satori in black and it is an amazing bag. I have flown with it a few times and haven't had any issues with having it as a carry on. I will be reviewing the bag soon as well...

dandig
346 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 14, 2009 02:03 as a reply to  @ colbyb25's post |  #15

Thats good that you have had no issue flying with it. It's quite a bit bigger in length than most " carry on legal" bags.

sponsored links

14,736 views & 0 likes for this thread
F-Stop Bag Pictures?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.