Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 07 May 2009 (Thursday) 15:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

T1i owners????

Joelh085
105 posts
Joined Apr 2009

May 27, 2009 09:13 |  #61

sethmo wrote in post #7994388 (external link)
I went to Best Buy and played around with the t1i and the 50d. The overall feel of the 50d is much better for me then the t1i. I took my CF card and took some ISO3200 shots with the 50d and they arent too bad, very usable with noise ninja.

I forgot that the t1i uses an SD card, I will have to go back later this week with an SD card. Im curious as to how the t1i video shoots.

Yes i did the same thing 2 days ago, i tested held both the t1i and the 50d. The 50d did feel better. I was giving it a lot of thought on why the t1i didn't feel as good in my hands as i expected b/c of my small hands. I think i know what the problem was.. it didn't have a grip! This helps out soo much. It feels a lot more balanced. One thing i liked about both cameras was the quality of the 3 inch screen, Reviewing pictures was wow

Graphic Designer / Photographer / Illustrator
Twinbliss.com (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
sethmo
463 posts
Joined Jun 2007

May 27, 2009 12:02 |  #62

Yeah, that was very noticeable coming from my small low res XT screen, I was amazed haha.

I could probably use the XXd without a grip. But with the XXXd, they are too small for my hands, I absolutely need a grip on them.

-=sethmo - Canon EOS 50d=-
Links: Website (external link) / Gear List

SpiltPickle
745 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2006

May 27, 2009 18:00 |  #63

I've put a grip on my t1i. It has helped a lot, but it's still not the same.
Something I'm reminded of every time I pick up my film EOS-A2

RBChallenger
57 posts
Joined May 2009

May 28, 2009 01:00 as a reply to  @ post 7896165 |  #64

I got mine about a week ago, here is a link to a few of the images I've taken so far with it. Note tha the white and purple flowers are taken with a USM 28-135 rather than the EF-S 18-55 kit lens. All other shots are taken with the 18-55 untouched. Note also that I am an SLR rookie. I love this camera, as I get to know it better I exepct some fantastic shots. My future father in law (loaned me the 28-135 as well) has the XTi and just loves this camera. He is an avid advnaced amateur and considers it the best "entry level" DSLR he hs seen for what it is worth.

http://www.lightning-alley.com/learning_my_​canon_t1i (external link)

T1i (500d) | EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS | EF 50mm f1.8

jacob84
23 posts
Joined May 2009

May 28, 2009 08:50 as a reply to  @ RBChallenger's post |  #65

im really impressed with all your images!

Pearlallica
Goldmember
1,302 posts
Joined Aug 2008

May 28, 2009 09:00 |  #66

i might get a t1i when the prices drop next year.

it's burdonsome to walk around with a 5D2 when you're just trying to get simple shots of the kids at the park. I often have to take the grip off because because with big L zooms there's a lot of weight around your neck that's just begging to swing into the swing set post. Makes me regret selling my ol' XSi. Funny how the other side's grass always seems greener no matter what side you're on. Maybe it's just best to have one foot planted in each side. ;)

But i don't doubt the IQ of the EOS rebels. I have some wicked sick pictures with incredible sharness, detail and tonal range churned out by the XSi. I can attribute part of this to photoshop and tools such as NIK filters. But mostly Canon has done a phenomenal job at perfecting their digital imaging technologies.

jonathan @ tlcphoto.com (external link) - pro wedding and portrait photog
5d2 5d3 50L 16-35 70-200 ElinchromRX600 580EX 600EX VIV285

SpiltPickle
745 posts
Joined Oct 2006

May 28, 2009 10:02 |  #67

Pearlallica wrote in post #8003873 (external link)
Funny how the other side's grass always seems greener no matter what side you're on. Maybe it's just best to have one foot planted in each side. ;)

"Either" and "or" are not always the only choice. :)

-MJ-
119 posts
Joined May 2009

May 28, 2009 18:25 |  #68

Shot a video comparison showing use of manual zoom and autozoom with the t1i I used the noisy non usm nifty fifty for both videos.

These are straight from SD card and may take some time to dowload if your somewhere other than the west coast hopefully it'll be ok.

Manual Focus:
http://photos.markjpac​heco.com/MVI_2404.MOV (external link)

Autofocus (horrible internal mechanism sounds)
http://photos.markjpac​heco.com/MVI_2405.MOV (external link)

Canon 6D || Sigma 35mm 1.4 ART
Canon EOS Rebel T1i/500D/Kiss X3

Tamron 17-50 2.8 || 18-55mm IS || Nifty Fifty || Rokinon 8mm 3.5 FE || Sigma 70-300 APO || flickr  (external link)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Yashica FX-D Quartz 42-75mm f/3.5-4.5 | 2x Telephoto | 50mm f/1.7

sethmo
463 posts
Joined Jun 2007

May 28, 2009 23:08 |  #69

Would the autofocus noise not be picked up as well if you had an external hot shoe mic?

-=sethmo - Canon EOS 50d=-
Links: Website (external link) / Gear List

BT3916
162 posts
Joined May 2009

May 28, 2009 23:42 |  #70

Joelh085 wrote in post #7997233 (external link)
Yes i did the same thing 2 days ago, i tested held both the t1i and the 50d. The 50d did feel better. I was giving it a lot of thought on why the t1i didn't feel as good in my hands as i expected b/c of my small hands. I think i know what the problem was.. it didn't have a grip! This helps out soo much. It feels a lot more balanced. One thing i liked about both cameras was the quality of the 3 inch screen, Reviewing pictures was wow

I did that right after I ordered the T1i and read a bunch of 50D vs. T1i threads :) The 50D does feel a lot better in the hands, I have not had a chance to try out a grip on the T1i. Does it really make it feel that much more balanced? Grips are so expensive.

Off topic though

Someone posted in the Rebel T1i / 500D Users Stand UP! thread what I thought was a great idea, that we merge the two Threads, I started the above thread :p, and there is a lot of good pictures and post in it, then there is this thread with a lot of good pictures and post in it as well. So can the two come together or do we just have two dedicated threads? It would be awesome if everyone came to the same spot and shared photos and thoughts. The more the marrier you know!

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky - Michael Scott - BT3916

nate17
240 posts
Joined Apr 2008

May 29, 2009 00:20 as a reply to  @ BT3916's post |  #71

here is a video in 720 from my T1i! FLOWERS

http://www.youtube.com …9M8I&feature=ch​annel_page (external link)

Camera Body: Canon Rebel T1i
Lenses: Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM, EF 55-250 IS, 18-55 IS

ScullenCrossBones
842 posts
Joined May 2009

May 29, 2009 01:55 |  #72

sethmo wrote in post #8008799 (external link)
Would the autofocus noise not be picked up as well if you had an external hot shoe mic?

The problem is there is no audio/mic input jack on the T1i. You could record sound using an audio recorder, but you'd have to sync it in post.

:p Gear
Mama done took my Kodachrome away...

SpiltPickle
745 posts
Joined Oct 2006

May 29, 2009 07:25 |  #73

Grips don't have to be that expensive. Mine is a Phottix from ebay / hong kong. I paid $70 shipped with 2 extra batteries. So far it's working fine. Looks and functions just like the canon one, even came with canon instructions which I thought odd.

Here's the one I got from the guy I got it from:
http://****/m5rwvv (external link)

BT3916
162 posts
Joined May 2009

May 29, 2009 14:58 |  #74

SpiltPickle wrote in post #8010464 (external link)
Grips don't have to be that expensive. Mine is a Phottix from ebay / hong kong. I paid $70 shipped with 2 extra batteries. So far it's working fine. Looks and functions just like the canon one, even came with canon instructions which I thought odd.

Here's the one I got from the guy I got it from:
http://****/m5rwvv (external link)

Nice, I didnt even know there where different brand grips. Im gonna go to a store and see if I cant try one on for size and see whats up! Thanks for the link!

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky - Michael Scott - BT3916

sponsored links

11,635 views & 0 likes for this thread
T1i owners????
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.