Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 16 May 2009 (Saturday) 19:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Any body else waiting for a 24-70 from Dell?

CountryBoy
"Tired of Goldmember label"
5,168 posts
Joined May 2006

May 19, 2009 17:22 |  #16

I had the same thing happen to me. I bought my 50mm 2.8 EX macro from them. They had it on sell and I had a coupon. So I was getting a real good deal. But they kept moving the shipping date back. After a few times they gave me an option to cancel the order. I did.

A few days later I got an email about a big sell they where having. Sure enough, they had the lens on sale again. My coupon was expiring that day, so I ordered it again. I had the lens the next week, with free shipping.

But the way Dell packed the lens really sucked. It looked like they just threw in some extra paper around the box. It had to bounce around. But it turned out ok.
Every lens i've gotten from B&H where packed very good. I don't know if I would order a high dollar lens or camera from Dell.

Hi

sponsored links
birdfromboat
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,839 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 22, 2009 14:05 |  #17

just got bumped again, so I guess I didn't rate any of the lenses that were supposed to be at dell on the 21st. june 8 now. still willing to wait, but not willing to feel stupid, wich is approaching.

5D, 10D, G10, the required 100 macro, 24-70, 70-200 f/2.8, 300 f2.8)
Looking through a glass un-yun

Exposure101
555 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2008

May 22, 2009 14:26 |  #18

You guys should have just bought something from Ebay or J&R with the live cashback. You would probably end up paying about the same either way. It sucks that J&R has increased all the prices though.

Cararan
216 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 23, 2009 09:26 |  #19

birdfromboat wrote in post #7970484 (external link)
just got bumped again, so I guess I didn't rate any of the lenses that were supposed to be at dell on the 21st. june 8 now. still willing to wait, but not willing to feel stupid, wich is approaching.

That really sucks, Should be a matter of time before I get bumped.

Bodies: 5D3 w/Grip
Zooms: 24-70L II | 70-200/2.8L IS II
Coming Soon:
| 24L | 17-40L

birdfromboat
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,839 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 23, 2009 22:13 |  #20

My rep told me that all of his fellow reps are struggling with unreliable shipping from canon. In their defense, the lens was already on back order when I ordered it, I just wanted to use the employer discount I get. I have already used it for a 100-400, my 100 macro, and my 5d, all with excellent shipping reliability, This is definitely an anomoly. I would use them again, I will use them again. In fact, I bought my daughter a new monitor that was ordered and shipped and received while waiting for this lens.

Cararan
216 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 28, 2009 08:06 |  #21

Seem my order was shipped out yesterday and will be getting it tomorrow.

Bodies: 5D3 w/Grip
Zooms: 24-70L II | 70-200/2.8L IS II
Coming Soon:
| 24L | 17-40L

birdfromboat
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,839 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 28, 2009 15:40 |  #22

hey, even I get lucky now and then... me too. should be looking at a lens on 1st of June

birdfromboat
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,839 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jun 01, 2009 16:26 |  #23

lens arrived- just for anyone interested the date of mfg. was april 09. probably built as I was ordering it, J.I.T.

sponsored links

2,831 views & 0 likes for this thread
Any body else waiting for a 24-70 from Dell?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.