On Thursday, my local high school is having our prom at some large banquet hall or some sort.
I've offered to shoot it during that day, and most likely will. Technically, that night. No date, wasn't planning to go, but what the hay!
I'm not shooting with a studio in this hall.
Does anyone have any "tips" on how to make this a successful shoot?
All my gear is listed in my signature.
This is what i'm thinking:
- My XTi + 17-85 + 580EX II
- Borrowed XTi + 50 F/1.8 + 430EX II (as a backup/2nd body)
Going to buy a 430EX II to use on the 2nd body.
I'm REALLY hoping my Sigma 18-50 F/2.8 comes in the mail tomorrow or by latest Thursday evening, so I can stick it on my main body instead of the 17-85.
Would you recommend me ditching the 17-85 for the 18-50 F/2.8?
Going to pack my 70-200, as well as a borrowed Sigma 10-20 F/4-5.6, + A LOT of spare AA batteries for camera + flash. 2 boxes of 40 NiMH batteries
And going to pack some hope that I have enough memory card space for these photos. Only a 4GB and 2 1GB cards.
Lighting is ultimately the strongest problem/question, let alone what gear I have, and what to prepare.
- I have a stofen, and a self made bounce card. I'm picturing that I should bounce the light off the ceiling and have the bounce card on as well.
- Using the stofen might be another option as well.
- As well as having the 580EX II as master, and the 430EX II as slave, to fill, add more light, and among other things.
I'm more experienced with off camera flash and studio work, and just ish on camera flash + bounce.
Just asking some people who are more experienced in lighting, do you have any tips and tricks for lighting and shooting?
Maybe just find out what works for my type of situation and stick with it?
I didn't realize what stress and responsibility I just put myself into until now. Hence i'm posting this long post!