Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 09 Jun 2009 (Tuesday) 03:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Another - I need a Camera Bag!

kay188
825 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 09, 2009 03:03 |  #1

This is another I need a camera bag thread.

I need a camera bag as you all can see.
- I'm aiming for something "low profile". Such as the crumpler 6/7.
I'm almost aimed on getting it but I have no idea how big it will be, since I probably wont have enough gear for the 7 to pack it full, hence I'm wondering if it'll sag, and what not.

- I was at first aiming for the Lowepro Classified 200AW. That's not so much different than my current bag.
I may get a Slingshot 200AW for designated photography tasks in the future, but I don't want it for casual/personal photography. Such as shooting my school sports, or going downtown for an event.

- I hate how my current bag's straps are through a metal "ring".
Since the bag is too heavy, the ring and the strap slides to the shortest side of the ring, which results in the strap to be crumpled up into that short area which is annoying, and it ruins the strap.
Basically just bags alone, which the carry strap goes around a "ring" that will slide to the shortest side because the bag is too heavy.

- I currently fit my bag like tetris. I spend about 15 mins
I fill it with every thing I have in my signature. As well as a digicam in the purple pouch as you will see in the images.
Sometimes I borrow my friend's Sigma 10-20 with the case. Another XTi there was to demonstrate how I compensated for an extra body for a previous event.

- I also need a case for my 50 F/1.8. Because of the dust inside it, I keep it in a camera case with no soft padding inside to avoid more dust.
Would the Crumplers add dust to the 50 F/1.8 because of the soft material that could possibly give off fluff?

- You think I would be happy with the Crumpler 6/7?
Or would you recommend something else? Price should be around reasonable. Say below $200 or so. Aunt offered bag as birthday present! :D
I like extra room for misc. items. Such as to store some wires, bounce card, batteries, portable speakers (Logitech MM28's), you know, the works.

Below you will see different tetris combination's!

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i101.photobucke​t.com …/Photography/SS​850029.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

http://i101.photobucke​t.com …/Photography/SS​850030.jpg (external link)

http://i101.photobucke​t.com …/Photography/SS​850031.jpg (external link)

http://i101.photobucke​t.com …/Photography/SS​850032.jpg (external link)

http://i101.photobucke​t.com …/Photography/SS​850034.jpg (external link)

http://i101.photobucke​t.com …/Photography/SS​850035.jpg (external link)

http://i101.photobucke​t.com …/Photography/SS​850039.jpg (external link)

Ricoh GRD4 | Canon 1Ds, 1D, 1D2, 1D2n| Canon XTi | Tokina 11-16 F/2.8 | Canon 16-35L I | Canon 24 F/2.8 | Canon 35 F/2 | Canon 50 F/1.8 I | Canon 135L | Sigma 24-70 EX DG Macro | Sigma 70-200 F/2.8 APO EX DG | Sigma 30 F/1.4 |Sigma 50 F/1.4 |Sigma & Kenko 1.4x TC| Canon 580EX II | Sigma EF-500 Super | 2x Vivitar 285HV | RF-602 Triggers |

sponsored links
Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jun 09, 2009 08:42 |  #2

Take a look at Domke's F2 or F4AF. Both good, solid bags that hold surprising amounts in easily-accessible arrangements (use a 720-230 Domke insert in the F2). So you 'll have a convenient size bag, but you'll lose the entertainment value of playing Tetris every time you head out.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

jeev
Goldmember
1,549 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 09, 2009 09:12 |  #3

Crumpler is a good choice, They make great bags. You will not go wrong.

1d4|5D3|85LII|50L|200F2LIS|500 F4L IS|
2.8/21 ZE|2/35 ZE|2/100 MP ZE|T* 50mm f/1.7 C/Y|
16-35II|70-200II|

kay188
THREAD ­ STARTER
825 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 09, 2009 09:20 |  #4

From looking at the crumpler alot, the material in the crumpler is the type that gives off tiny dust particles.
I don't want to store my 50 F/1.8 bare, and have more dust creep inside. There's enough already. I think this is preventing me from getting a crumpler right away.

Can anyone comment on the material, and the dust factor?

Ricoh GRD4 | Canon 1Ds, 1D, 1D2, 1D2n| Canon XTi | Tokina 11-16 F/2.8 | Canon 16-35L I | Canon 24 F/2.8 | Canon 35 F/2 | Canon 50 F/1.8 I | Canon 135L | Sigma 24-70 EX DG Macro | Sigma 70-200 F/2.8 APO EX DG | Sigma 30 F/1.4 |Sigma 50 F/1.4 |Sigma & Kenko 1.4x TC| Canon 580EX II | Sigma EF-500 Super | 2x Vivitar 285HV | RF-602 Triggers |

jeev
Goldmember
1,549 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 09, 2009 09:29 |  #5

I have used crumplers for years, I have not see the problem you are taking about the dust from the material. There may be dust creep inside from the side if the bags is not closed securely. The straps and velcro is of very high quality, if closed properly even the dust creep from out side should be eliminated.

kay188 wrote in post #8076947 (external link)
From looking at the crumpler alot, the material in the crumpler is the type that gives off tiny dust particles.
I don't want to store my 50 F/1.8 bare, and have more dust creep inside. There's enough already. I think this is preventing me from getting a crumpler right away.

Can anyone comment on the material, and the dust factor?

1d4|5D3|85LII|50L|200F2LIS|500 F4L IS|
2.8/21 ZE|2/35 ZE|2/100 MP ZE|T* 50mm f/1.7 C/Y|
16-35II|70-200II|

kay188
THREAD ­ STARTER
825 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 10, 2009 07:03 |  #6

Anyone else?

jcothron
Goldmember
4,258 posts
Gallery: 416 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 10, 2009 07:40 |  #7

I have Crumpler and Lowepro shoulder bags (7DH & Magnum AW). They're not similar bags as far as size is concerned, but they're both easy to shoot out of. For durability I'd have to give the nod to Lowepro. I have a Nature Trekker backpack that I've been using for years with little to no signs of the abuse it's taken. I've considered getting one of the Stealth Reporter shoulder bags, and I'm also considering a Domke as the people that have them, love them.

One of the things I DON't like about Crumpler bags is the relative absence of pockets to store smaller things. There are pockets yes, but in my opinion not as well thought out as some of the other bags. From a style standpoint they're probably more attractive to look at however. :)

John
Gear List|My Flickr (external link)|Website (external link)|
Instagram (external link)

JustinLawrence
Goldmember
2,497 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 25, 2009 09:28 |  #8

Crumpler - 6 Million Dollar Home will fit your gear nicely, its an awesome bag, comfy and easy to shoot out of. I've had mine for 2 years and no probs with dust, in fact its very well sealed for a flap style bag when closed. They're not cheap but you wont regret it, also they dont look like a camera bag which i like.

Justin

Gear List

sponsored links

1,741 views & 0 likes for this thread
Another - I need a Camera Bag!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.