Im trying to improve and be as efficient as possible with my time, so I figured I'd come onto the forum here and ask a question regarding my current workflow.
Im currently trying my hand in trackday photography, as is, sales arent that great and Im trying to make life easier for the potential customers in finding their pictures faster, hoping this will ultimately lead to more sales.**More on this later**
Here's my current workflow:
1) All photo's taken throughout the day get copied to my PSD.
2) During my drive home, I transfer all images of the day (approx. 2500-3000) onto my laptop. Ive noticed about 6GB's takes about 30+ minutes. The ONLY reason why I do this is to expedite transfer of said images onto my desktop as soon as I get home via eSata cable from laptop to ext HD which is linked up to my desktop, literally takes minutes.
3) Now for the labor intensive part, I sift through every image deleting all OOF or poorly composed shots. I usually break them up into difernt folders by groups/sessions (ie...nov/int/adv) while doing all this.
4) I batch process each folder separately reducing the image size to make uploading to my site much faster, then each resized fold gets uploaded.
5) No pp'ing until an order is filled.
Up until recently, Ive always used Windows Photo Gallery for deleting and sometimes rating pics. Now, Im using Windows Live Photo Gallery since it has a publish feature which is compatable with my zenfolio site making uploading all my images easier.
Now, for my question that I began above. Im trying to figure out the best way to go about sorting through thousands of pictures and grouping them by race number or bike color. For an example, if I took 75 pics of some racer with the number 123 I want to be able to make a folder for each racer on my site, making life easier for them but not wanting to be up all night doing either.
I asked this question on another forum in an older thread that really didnt give me what I was looking for. They brought up code replacement....and if Im understanding it correctly, that'd be great if I want to write a code for the race number/racer name relationship but that's not what Im trying to do.
I believe tagging is the proper way of achieving what Im asking I just dont know the best way to use it and in which program.