Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 15 Jun 2009 (Monday) 02:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GKPE 7 - And Still Going! Still Friendly and Still The BEST!

this thread is locked
akiwi
Cream of the Crop
6,903 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Jun 04, 2010 05:27 as a reply to  @ post 10300621 |  #8371

Sancho wrote in post #10300296 (external link)
Yeah I get a good price on the MKII and if I get my asking on TM then the upgrade will cost me just under $650, I reckon thats acceptable.

Ohh, speaking of buying stuffs, I finally got around to upgrading the screen at home, got a nice wall mounted 1:1 gain pure white 108" wall mounted screen for the media room. Size is PERFECT!! The old 96" was just a tad small. Took a new generation projector home on appro too but the difference in my current unit and the new unit certainly wasn't worth spending money on! Ordered another bulb, happy to use this unit for a few more years yet. Cleaned up all the cabling and got my pc streaming 720p content to the 360 nicely too, have a renewed joy with it all :D

I am loving my new 720p projector too. I have a new screen which I have mounted onto my background stands, as I can't drill holes in the roof at the moment till my shoulder gets better.
I have a 2.2 m wide 16 x 9 screen which matches the projector perfectly. = 241cm or 95" diagonal
Makes watching films a pleasure. Rediculously cheap over e-bay. It's a 1:1 gain black backed screen, and is 1000% better than the bed sheet I was using at the beginning ;)
Mine is running over the HDMI from the PS3. Also with playtv. I'm happy with the setup.
I haven't tried HD from the home server yet. Till now I rent blueray disks to enjoy it.

Peter
www.PeterHansenPhoto.d​e (external link)
Gear:: Canon 7D & 350D :: EF 24-70 F2.8L :: EF-s 17-85:: 50mm 1.8 ::70-200 F4L ::100 F2.8 Macro:: Sigma 10-20 :: 580EX:: Elinchrom studio lights:: loads of other bibs & bobs.

sponsored links
Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jun 04, 2010 07:17 |  #8372

yeah I wanted to get a screen off ebay but the few who would ship here were like 400US shipping... crazy stuff! What Projector have you got Peter? Nothing compares aye :)

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nz (external link) | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nz (external link)

akiwi
Cream of the Crop
6,903 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jun 04, 2010 08:08 |  #8373

Sancho wrote in post #10300942 (external link)
yeah I wanted to get a screen off ebay but the few who would ship here were like 400US shipping... crazy stuff! What Projector have you got Peter? Nothing compares aye :)

I have the Panasonic PT-AX100U. I got a reconditioned model with 500 hours on the lamp for €500. FOr a new Ax200, the cheapest price I could find was 900. only difference is the 200 model has 2 hdmi ports. Basically I have been wanting to buy a projector for years, and always the one I want to buy is just out of my price range. Recently I found a reasnobly priced (€35) 15m HDMI cable which I tested and it works with Full HD, and I found the screens also for a good price which made the whole project affordable. Originally I was loking at about €200 for the HDMI cable, and at least €200 for a screen, which put the whole thing out of my budget.
The screen I got was this one Leinwandking (external link)

Peter
Gear:: Canon 7D & 350D :: EF 24-70 F2.8L :: EF-s 17-85:: 50mm 1.8 ::70-200 F4L ::100 F2.8 Macro:: Sigma 10-20 :: 580EX:: Elinchrom studio lights:: loads of other bibs & bobs.

Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jun 04, 2010 16:44 |  #8374

I have the TW-700, we treated ourselves when we bought our house 3 years ago... its a stunning wee unit! I allow myself an ok budget as its what we do, we don't really go out drinking or anything, we both love movies and the room gets used 2 - 3 times a week. (would be more but we both work a few nights a week) :( Mines a fixed wall mounted screen, was using a large sheet of masked plastic before that LOL Actually worked surprisingly well. cut it to 16:9 and masked it... cost $60 all up. The screen is definitely an improvement and I have no idea why I didn't do it years ago. The plastic sheet was initially a place holder so I could get an idea of size/height etc and it just stayed there lol

Have a friend who fills a hdd for me each week with 720p divx ... works for me :) I see they have released a 3D projector, will keep an eye on that technology!

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nz (external link) | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nz (external link)

Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jun 05, 2010 02:24 |  #8375

Picked up the 70-200 MKII this morning, had a shoot in the studio, wasn't used much (20 - 30 shots) and I havn't looked at the pics, but the AF is instantly noticeably better!

momentz
Goldmember
2,471 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jun 05, 2010 03:30 |  #8376

Sancho wrote in post #10306054 (external link)
Picked up the 70-200 MKII this morning, had a shoot in the studio, wasn't used much (20 - 30 shots) and I havn't looked at the pics, but the AF is instantly noticeably better!

You know how much I'm hating you right now with our 70-200 about to fall apart it's so rattly and loose. Going in for service this week.

Canon EOS
Eos is the Titanic goddess of the dawn, who rose from her home at the edge of Oceanus, the Ocean that surrounds the world, to herald her brother Helios, the sun.

lil_miss
Goldmember
4,075 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 05, 2010 03:56 |  #8377

Does your said friend, do deals for other said friends? :)

A bunch of Canon bits and pieces.

Blog (external link) :: Facebook (external link)

momentz
Goldmember
2,471 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jun 05, 2010 22:52 |  #8378

A wedding photo:

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com …vobit/Torana_HD​R2_web.jpg (external link)

Canon EOS
Eos is the Titanic goddess of the dawn, who rose from her home at the edge of Oceanus, the Ocean that surrounds the world, to herald her brother Helios, the sun.

tag141
Goldmember
3,240 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jun 06, 2010 02:35 |  #8379

momentz wrote in post #10310054 (external link)
A wedding photo:

Lust...

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,180 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 06, 2010 02:41 |  #8380

tag141 wrote in post #10310668 (external link)
Lust...

Yep, the limited edition Holden Sunbird SS, very rare indeed ;)

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,448 posts
Gallery: 163 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Jun 06, 2010 03:48 |  #8381

Mark Vuleta wrote in post #10310680 (external link)
Yep, the limited edition Holden Sunbird SS, very rare indeed ;)

a factory 8-plug Sunbird would be rare.... about as rare as a real XU-2

did it arrive on a trailer? it doesn't seem to clock up much mileage... in fact in 2000, it was so well looked after, it's odo seemed to go backwards... :lol:

nice shot - presume that wasn't this morning?

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II (broken), and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

akiwi
Cream of the Crop
6,903 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jun 06, 2010 04:07 |  #8382

A wedding photo:

Excellent car photo!
The busy background is soft enough that it doesn't distract.

Peter

dgcorner
Goldmember
4,722 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 06, 2010 04:35 |  #8383

A wedding photo:

Very cool!

John;)

Believe... Work hard... and it will happen!

My Gear

momentz
Goldmember
2,471 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jun 06, 2010 07:18 |  #8384

Cheers guys :) A lovely sounding sunbird it is too.

I heart full frame :D

Canon EOS

Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jun 06, 2010 07:48 |  #8385

Had a fun shoot in the studio yesterday... .

IMAGE: http://www.markbennett.co.nz/photos/people/jess/1.jpg

sponsored links

700,794 views & 0 likes for this thread
GKPE 7 - And Still Going! Still Friendly and Still The BEST!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.