Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 15 Jun 2009 (Monday) 02:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GKPE 7 - And Still Going! Still Friendly and Still The BEST!

this thread is locked
Nzshrimper
a good height for ...
10,173 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 07, 2010 21:56 |  #9571

weka2000 wrote in post #10867974 (external link)
So you going to stay in CHCh or go somewhere else?
A few people will leave due to the effects.

Wife has started an emergency kit :lol:

Staying put - family are here and best place for kit is either garage or an out building - most of ours were in the shed / food was in kitchen too. Torches with batteries in bedside table.

© All rights given away
Grammar – the difference between knowing you’re sh1te and knowing your sh1te

sponsored links
Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Sep 08, 2010 00:55 |  #9572

tim wrote in post #10868019 (external link)
There's virtually no bottled water left in woolworths... some 1L bottles, but the 5L and 10L are totally gone. I got 10L anyway, and i'll get more when they're in stock.

Also thinking about where I put the emergency supplies - at the back of a corner cupboard in the kitchen, which is under the glass cupboard. Maybe a wardrobe would be smarter.

Our neighbour is with civil defense, he is super prepared, had is kit in has laundry which has access from his hallway and his garage, both doors were JAMMED shut and his kit is still stuck today :|

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nz (external link) | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nz (external link)

akiwi
Cream of the Crop
6,903 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Sep 08, 2010 01:06 |  #9573

Still thinking of you guys.

Just saw a pretty scary set of photos HERE (external link).

What was all the mud and slime that appeared everywhere? It looks like it came up from the ground.

Peter
www.PeterHansenPhoto.d​e (external link)
Gear:: Canon 7D & 350D :: EF 24-70 F2.8L :: EF-s 17-85:: 50mm 1.8 ::70-200 F4L ::100 F2.8 Macro:: Sigma 10-20 :: 580EX:: Elinchrom studio lights:: loads of other bibs & bobs.

akiwi
Cream of the Crop
6,903 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Sep 08, 2010 01:09 |  #9574

Other news.. I just got asked to do another wedding in a couple of weeks. Just when I was looking forward to not having any photos to process. This time I will give the sorting and processing to my assistant & Pay her more... I need a rest. Haven't looked at TV since May as I always have the preassure of needing to get photos from weddings processed.

Peter
www.PeterHansenPhoto.d​e (external link)
Gear:: Canon 7D & 350D :: EF 24-70 F2.8L :: EF-s 17-85:: 50mm 1.8 ::70-200 F4L ::100 F2.8 Macro:: Sigma 10-20 :: 580EX:: Elinchrom studio lights:: loads of other bibs & bobs.

Nzshrimper
a good height for ...
10,173 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 08, 2010 02:25 |  #9575

http://www.christchurc​hquakemap.co.nz/ (external link)

CHECK THIS OUT ......

© All rights given away

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,182 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 08, 2010 04:19 |  #9576

Nzshrimper wrote in post #10857682 (external link)
Cheers matey - 4 tickets to anywhere but here would be great. :-)

Night is the worse every bang has us on full alert :-/

Probably can't help too much with that, however if you need to get totally away, I could probably arrange to have that bach we stayed at on the Coromandle for a couple of weeks at a time. Probably couldn't get further removed from your currant stresses & stains than there.

tim
Light Bringer
50,998 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Sep 08, 2010 04:25 |  #9577

Sancho wrote in post #10869706 (external link)
Our neighbour is with civil defense, he is super prepared, had is kit in has laundry which has access from his hallway and his garage, both doors were JAMMED shut and his kit is still stuck today :|

That's actually kinda funny, though probably not so much for him. I guess splitting the kit up would be a good idea.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

manipula
Cream of the Crop
5,290 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Sep 08, 2010 04:46 |  #9578

Mark Vuleta wrote in post #10870284 (external link)
Probably can't help too much with that, however if you need to get totally away, I could probably arrange to have that bach we stayed at on the Coromandle for a couple of weeks at a time. Probably couldn't get further removed from your currant stresses & stains than there.

I have fond memories of that bach. Utterly idyllic! :cool:

Cheers, Dave.
www.manipula.co.nz (external link) :: Gear list for the nerds (external link) :: flickr (external link) :: ModelMayhem (external link)
:: insert scathing quip here! ::

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,182 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 08, 2010 05:09 |  #9579

manipula wrote in post #10870350 (external link)
I have fond memories of that bach. Utterly idyllic! :cool:

That's because you got to sleep with Tag :rolleyes:

Moppie
THREAD ­ STARTER
14,857 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

Sep 08, 2010 05:14 |  #9580

Mark Vuleta wrote in post #10870391 (external link)
That's because you got to sleep with Tag :rolleyes:

If your both talking about the same trip, I would like to point out that I am definitely NOT a short balding middle aged pomy bloke named Tag.

But I can say Dave looks very peaceful when at rest.

flickr (external link)

Have you Calibrated your Monkey lately?

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,182 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 08, 2010 05:19 |  #9581

Moppie wrote in post #10870393 (external link)
If your both talking about the same trip, I would like to point out that I am definitely NOT a short balding middle aged pomy bloke named Tag.

Well, your partially right with the description :oops:

Sorry, wrong guy, (Dave, you two timing ****, you told me it was Tag ;))

manipula
Cream of the Crop
5,290 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Sep 08, 2010 05:23 |  #9582

I'm a man whore! :cool:

Cheers, Dave.
www.manipula.co.nz (external link) :: Gear list for the nerds (external link) :: flickr (external link) :: ModelMayhem (external link)
:: insert scathing quip here! ::

Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Sep 08, 2010 05:38 |  #9583

akiwi wrote in post #10869753 (external link)
Still thinking of you guys.

Just saw a pretty scary set of photos HERE (external link).

What was all the mud and slime that appeared everywhere? It looks like it came up from the ground.

The land was shaken so much so quickly that it liquified, making this gray silty crap that just came up absolutely everywhere! There is a huge amount down the side of our house that has obviously come from under the house. It has turned to liquid, the weight of the house dropped and squirted all the liquid earth out down the side, and built right up, was sooo freaky at the time, all this gray stuff and water everywhere :|

I am still a complete wreck here, however we did get a green sticker today meaning we can at least live in our house ... for now.

There was a very hard sudden sharp after shock at 7:49 this morning that has set a lot of things back. Buildings in town that had been assessed and cleared suffered a lot more damage and need to be assessed again, they were hoping to ease cordons in the city tomorrow but will remain totally our of bounds for another week now. Lots of repairs were damaged etc

It was only last Saturday but feels a lifetime ago here :|

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nz (external link) | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nz (external link)

tag141
Goldmember
3,240 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Sep 08, 2010 05:43 as a reply to  @ manipula's post |  #9584

Moppie wrote in post #10870393 (external link)

And I don't snore like there's a bunch of carpenters outside doing synchronised sawing. Ever since I've been keeping an eye out for Lee Kee Wang, shrimpers favourite athlete...ever.

Nzshrimper
a good height for ...
10,173 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 08, 2010 16:44 as a reply to  @ tag141's post |  #9585

Ahh yes lee key Wang - and his ball skills ... Lee key Wang is all over the table :) that Bach was great. My lasting memory of that trip was the window wiper. Schreeech !!!! :-)

© All rights given away

sponsored links

701,856 views & 0 likes for this thread
GKPE 7 - And Still Going! Still Friendly and Still The BEST!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.