Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 16 Jun 2009 (Tuesday) 11:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Talk about challenge #227 - pic depicting a film title

rpolitsr
5,977 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Jun 16, 2009 11:45 |  #1

I have had no contact with marie about the delay on judging challenge #227 yet. For some important and unusual reason she is not posting these days. I am doing my best to find how to solve this for the continuity of the challenges.

If you have some idea that helps, please post it here and keep the challenge’s thread uncluttered as always until the announcement of the winners.

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

sponsored links
Michael ­ Wells
932 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jun 16, 2009 12:43 |  #2

Hi Rafael...I too am concerned for Marie...it is very unlike her to just vanish, so to speak. I have a couple thoughts I'll throw out. If you, as Moderator, and since you have no photo entered this week, wanted to fill in for her, that would certainly be one option that I'm guessing no one would have a problem with. As an alternative, we could also go back to last weeks #2 winner and just do #227 over this week, and take this one off the books. Just my thoughts.

Mike

Michael Wells
G9, 5D,Grip,70-200 2.8 IS,24-70,400 5.6

rpolitsr
THREAD ­ STARTER
5,977 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jun 16, 2009 13:50 |  #3

Thank you Michael.
Officially, members run the challenges, not moderators. Moderators helped before, of course. In my case the title of ‘challenge fan’ was implied long before I became a moderator, so everything is fine :).

I started this thread just to be prepared. We can wait until the last minute today with the hope that everything is fine with marie.

The help of the first runner up of the previous challenge was useful on a couple of challenges before so let see. Kevan_G9 knows of this and is prepared. If no other ideas arose, we may draw straws later on. :)

All the participants must check the challenge’s thread frequently today, because the eventual winner will have to post the new challenge fast. Wednesday noon GMT is the theoretical deadline, but we had some challenges started on Thursday and it worked.

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.

Kevan
Goldmember
3,123 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jun 16, 2009 14:07 as a reply to  @ rpolitsr's post |  #4

Word comes from Marie's son John....

and now we know her whereabouts. Unfortunately, or fortunately, as the case may be, she is in a hospital, being cared for.

I can only gather the duties as judge have drained her strength and we are left to wish her well and hope for a hasty recovery.

Please John, convey to your mother that she is sorely missed here and that we wish her well. We want her back in the picture of health.

Regards,

Kevan

kevan's lens (external link)

Randall ­ n ­ LV
Goldmember
1,660 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 16, 2009 15:16 |  #5

I pray that all is well and wish Marie a speedy return.

My Flickr  (external link)
My Gear
Randall's Fine Art & Custom Framing (external link)

Randall ­ n ­ LV
Goldmember
1,660 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 16, 2009 15:23 |  #6

I would be all for the second runner up except he has an entry and feel this would be unfair to Keven G9. Would any body object to Rafael judging this weeks challenge being that he has no dog in this fight?

My Flickr  (external link)
My Gear
Randall's Fine Art & Custom Framing (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,254 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jun 16, 2009 16:57 |  #7

John, tell Marie she is in our prayers (Skip & Maureen, both).

I think it would be fine for Rafael to judge this week's challenge.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

teekay
Goldmember
3,037 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Jun 16, 2009 17:08 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #8

Really sorry to hear about Marie and I'm sure she knows she has the best wishes of this group, her long time photo friends, for a speedy and complete recovery. In the meantime, I agree that Rafael should judge the current challenge.

Car
627 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 16, 2009 17:12 |  #9

Thank you John for letting us know about Marie - she is in our thoughts and prayers.
As others have said I too agree that if he is willing, Rafael judging this week would be the perfect solution.

tmwag
Brown Noser has crush on Suzyview
2,641 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jun 16, 2009 17:21 |  #10

Prayers sent for Marie's speedy recovery. If Rafael would be so kind, no objection here

Kevan
Goldmember
3,123 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jun 16, 2009 18:20 |  #11

Well, Rafael...the people have spoken and you are to be the judge.

Might I take this opportunity to add one big, "PHEW!"

Thanks sir.

kevan's lens (external link)

Michael ­ Wells
932 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jun 16, 2009 18:33 as a reply to  @ Kevan's post |  #12

Really hate dumping this in anyone's lap, but I can think of no one better qualified than Rafael. Thank you sir, for being volunteered!:D

Mike

Michael Wells
G9, 5D,Grip,70-200 2.8 IS,24-70,400 5.6

rpolitsr
THREAD ­ STARTER
5,977 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Jun 16, 2009 18:59 |  #13

I join the choir of good wishes for marie’s fast recovery.

Many thanks to all for your kind words. I have no hope to be close to what marie can say about each picture, but I’m now at home and will start judging right now.

I need some time to think and some more time to write in English what I tought :o.

I will post the results as soon as possible.

rafael

chisel
192 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 16, 2009 19:45 |  #14

In a PM, she told me she was shocked I chose her in the previous challenge; I sure hope that didn't contribute to her problem. :)

Seriously, I've only been here a short time, but she has been very welcoming, and I wish her all the best for a quick recovery and return to this community.

Canon EOS M10, Canon S120, FTB, F1. Kodak Bantam F 6.3, Rollei 35

Boutty
925 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jun 16, 2009 20:41 as a reply to  @ chisel's post |  #15

From down under, another best wishes go to marie’s speedy recovery. Thanks sir rpolitsr for taking over the reign!

sponsored links

2,794 views & 0 likes for this thread
Talk about challenge #227 - pic depicting a film title
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.