Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 21 Jun 2009 (Sunday) 10:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Ektar 100 and prizes

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 21, 2009 10:52 |  #1

I was reading in Shutterbug or PopPhoto magazine this month that Kodak has a buy 3, get a $5 mail-in rebate for Ektar 100 and it comes with entry in a prize drawing. http://www.kodak.com …Promo.jhtml?pq-path=14887 (external link)

Nice to see Kodak promoting a new film!

sponsored links
Tony-S
Cream of the Crop
9,903 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 21, 2009 10:53 |  #2

Might have to dig our my film cameras to try this. Does it come in 4x5 sheets and 120/220 rolls?

"Raw" is not an acronym, abbreviation, nor a proper noun; thus, it should not be in capital letters.

HappySnapper90
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 21, 2009 11:00 |  #3

Just 35mm and 120. I've shot 1 roll of it, 35mm, and the scans have an incredibly fine grain. I've scanned consumer 100, kodachrome 64, velvia 50, and Fuji/Kodak 160 films and Ektar has finer grain and more sharpness than any of them.

It's a high saturation normal contrast film, very sharp, with a wide exposure latitude (DR in digital terms).

dcad10
211 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 21, 2009 11:05 |  #4

maybe I will try some out once I run through all the other old film I have laying around the house...

dcad10
211 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 21, 2009 11:06 |  #5

by around the house I mean its all sitting in the back of the fridge.

Tony-S
Cream of the Crop
9,903 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 21, 2009 11:39 |  #6

Is this film carried by any of the big box retailers? I'd hate to have to ship just a few rolls.

"Raw" is not an acronym, abbreviation, nor a proper noun; thus, it should not be in capital letters.

carronade
52 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jun 21, 2009 12:00 |  #7

Although I do not use film anymore is this the same Kodak Ektar that was around about 17,18 years ago or is this a new transparency film?
I always found it quite good.

HappySnapper90
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 21, 2009 22:26 |  #8

It's a new developed film. It certainly can't have the same extremely fine grain that was around 17 years ago in 100 speed film. I would really doubt any big box stores carry pro film since the ones near me seem to carry only disposable cameras, and 200 to 800 speed consumer film.

You'll find B&H and Adorama selling it.

sponsored links

892 views & 0 likes for this thread
Ektar 100 and prizes
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.