Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 10 Jul 2009 (Friday) 01:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Intimate Portrait Session? ;)

kay188
825 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 10, 2009 01:46 |  #1

TeeHee.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/plain' | Byte size: ZERO
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND

Ricoh GRD4 | Canon 1Ds, 1D, 1D2, 1D2n| Canon XTi | Tokina 11-16 F/2.8 | Canon 16-35L I | Canon 24 F/2.8 | Canon 35 F/2 | Canon 50 F/1.8 I | Canon 135L | Sigma 24-70 EX DG Macro | Sigma 70-200 F/2.8 APO EX DG | Sigma 30 F/1.4 |Sigma 50 F/1.4 |Sigma & Kenko 1.4x TC| Canon 580EX II | Sigma EF-500 Super | 2x Vivitar 285HV | RF-602 Triggers |

sponsored links
alessandro2009
Goldmember
2,095 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 10, 2009 07:42 |  #2

The model are cute but i think the real problem is on the choice of the pose and in some composition.

For example:
1: too far perhaps a crop will be better
2: overexposed and the pose i don't think is good
3: nice and if i can see even her face i think could improve
the other with the branches in the middle like that and with the overexposed areas I do not think it is coming good
4: nice pose perhaps will be better a different expression but the dress is overexposed and the alignment of the photographer with the door is wrong
5: potentially an huge sensuality shoot but the burned area on the face on one model and the position of the head on the other model i don't think was good
the other good pose of the arms but less hair on the face on one model and a more lower head on the other i think will be good
6: i think will be better if it possible see the eyes of these models.

kay188
THREAD ­ STARTER
825 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 10, 2009 17:13 |  #3

alessandro2009 wrote in post #8256237 (external link)
The model are cute but i think the real problem is on the choice of the pose and in some composition.

For example:
1: too far perhaps a crop will be better
2: overexposed and the pose i don't think is good
3: nice and if i can see even her face i think could improve
the other with the branches in the middle like that and with the overexposed areas I do not think it is coming good
4: nice pose perhaps will be better a different expression but the dress is overexposed and the alignment of the photographer with the door is wrong
5: potentially an huge sensuality shoot but the burned area on the face on one model and the position of the head on the other model i don't think was good
the other good pose of the arms but less hair on the face on one model and a more lower head on the other i think will be good
6: i think will be better if it possible see the eyes of these models.

Thanks for the critique.
For the intimate photos, they wouldn't pose for long, and they knew the usual "one more" saying from a photographer means a couple more shots to get the lighting right.
So as a result, I got what I could :D
For 5, yeah, the shirt is over exposed. I tried fill flash, but that turned out terrible. It's just the sun was directly on her which made it difficult.

I tried some flash, but the sun was WAY too harsh that day. I need a reflector for fill!!

Ricoh GRD4 | Canon 1Ds, 1D, 1D2, 1D2n| Canon XTi | Tokina 11-16 F/2.8 | Canon 16-35L I | Canon 24 F/2.8 | Canon 35 F/2 | Canon 50 F/1.8 I | Canon 135L | Sigma 24-70 EX DG Macro | Sigma 70-200 F/2.8 APO EX DG | Sigma 30 F/1.4 |Sigma 50 F/1.4 |Sigma & Kenko 1.4x TC| Canon 580EX II | Sigma EF-500 Super | 2x Vivitar 285HV | RF-602 Triggers |

aram535
Goldmember
1,915 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jul 10, 2009 17:41 |  #4

I'm going to be a little harsh, but please don't take it the wrong way. These IMHO obviously and my own personal taste and thoughts:

I think all of the photo actually lack intimacy -- from a viewers point of view. Now, my assumption is that you wanted to create intimacy and not capture it.

To create it, your focus has to be the viewer, this means eye contact, closeness, darker images.

To capture intimacy, very hard -- the subjects have to be initiate already, you can't force it on them by direction alone. This is why actors and actresses say that doing such scenes are very difficult. They have to create it and you can capture it.

#5 (middle right) is really the only one that works for me.

Gear List * www.tranquilphotos.com (external link) * My Blog (external link)

kay188
THREAD ­ STARTER
825 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 10, 2009 17:48 |  #5

aram535 wrote in post #8259212 (external link)
I'm going to be a little harsh, but please don't take it the wrong way. These IMHO obviously and my own personal taste and thoughts:

I think all of the photo actually lack intimacy -- from a viewers point of view. Now, my assumption is that you wanted to create intimacy and not capture it.

To create it, your focus has to be the viewer, this means eye contact, closeness, darker images.

To capture intimacy, very hard -- the subjects have to be initiate already, you can't force it on them by direction alone. This is why actors and actresses say that doing such scenes are very difficult. They have to create it and you can capture it.

#5 (middle right) is really the only one that works for me.

No problem. Everyone has their own taste and opinions. :)

Thanks for the pointers however!

korrektor
Goldmember
4,908 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 11, 2009 01:14 |  #6

try to shoot away from harsh sunlight.

WEBSITE http://mikhaylovphoto.​com/ (external link)

alessandro2009
Goldmember
2,095 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 11, 2009 05:19 |  #7

kay if you do an exposure more strict on the dress you can avoid burned area, after that, during the postwork, you can obtain a combination more balance.

However a good use of an external flash as you can read in some tutorial on this forum allows you obtain better results than you might expect the only problem
that should be accustomed to using this accessory ...

kay188 wrote in post #8259078 (external link)
For the intimate photos, they wouldn't pose for long, and they knew the usual "one more" saying from a photographer means a couple more shots to get the lighting right....

Well is understandable, considering the theme, and also the shoot was took on outdoors ...

I will hope that you could develop the theme in future.

kay188
THREAD ­ STARTER
825 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 11, 2009 10:15 |  #8

alessandro2009 wrote in post #8261485 (external link)
kay if you do an exposure more strict on the dress you can avoid burned area, after that, during the postwork, you can obtain a combination more balance.

However a good use of an external flash as you can read in some tutorial on this forum allows you obtain better results than you might expect the only problem
that should be accustomed to using this accessory ...

Well is understandable, considering the theme, and also the shoot was took on outdoors ...

I will hope that you could develop the theme in future.

Yeah. I tried making an exposure on the dress, and all that jazz. I think the heat got to me so not many ideas, and techniques came to mind. :D

Of course of course. There's always room for improvement :)
Thanks for the tips. (:

ATP
Goldmember
2,550 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined May 2009

Jul 11, 2009 10:28 |  #9

good concept. But they already sd what needs to be sd

Canon 7d and a Bunch of other sh*t
website is down | FB FAN PAGE (external link) |TWITTER (external link)| Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

2,236 views & 0 likes for this thread
Intimate Portrait Session? ;)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.