Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 16 Jul 2009 (Thursday) 23:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Something I learned about Microsoft Cashback

sodalis
304 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 16, 2009 23:08 |  #1

Here's something I discovered that may or may not prove useful to someone else in the future.

I made a Buy It Now purchase on ebay last night during a cashback session that should have been cashback eligible. However, I could not pay immediately due to waiting on the money to become available in my checking account (the price was too good to pass up even if I wasn't able to get cashback). I had to wait until this morning to pay, but just to see I went through a cashback link to get to ebay, which put me in a new cashback session. As it turns out, despite a gap of about 10 hours between purchase and payment, as well as being in a new browser session, I still succeeded in getting the cashback applied.

sponsored links
Exposure101
555 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2008

Jul 16, 2009 23:15 |  #2

I think as long as you complete the purchase within the hour you should be okay. Not sure if you really have to pay right away. Who knows- it could be that their system didn't have time to update.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,671 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Jul 17, 2009 06:31 |  #3

They have it tied through transaction ids, so you are good as to when you pay. Also, if you go to your ebay profile, you can set it up so that you get the cashback instantly.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

Clint3200
82 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 17, 2009 11:53 |  #4

This info was very useful to me. I just had virtually the same type of experience. I went back and tried what you did. It appears that it will work. Wheww

[7D] - [40D] - [70-200 ƒ/2.8 IS] - [17-55 f/2.8 IS] - [Tamron 28-75 f/2.8] - [430EX II]---Feedback:Ebay (external link) 1 2 3 4

NickSim87
Sir Chimp-a-lot
3,602 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jul 19, 2009 21:13 |  #5

Good to know, I assumed if you didn't pay within a short timeframe that you were SOL.

Gear List | Feedback

sodalis
THREAD ­ STARTER
304 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 20, 2009 10:56 |  #6

I'm glad this proved useful to some people.

NickSimcheck wrote in post #8308925 (external link)
Good to know, I assumed if you didn't pay within a short timeframe that you were SOL.

That was what I thought based on the wording on the Cashback website. I was quite happy to find out that I was still able to get it though.

Clint3200
82 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 21, 2009 10:26 |  #7

Yes, I wouldn't purposefully test this this on a big purchase, but mine is listed as "pending" even though it about 12 hours later when I used paypal. Looks like it should still go through thankfully.

[7D] - [40D] - [70-200 ƒ/2.8 IS] - [17-55 f/2.8 IS] - [Tamron 28-75 f/2.8] - [430EX II]---Feedback:Ebay (external link) 1 2 3 4

LAD
102 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 27, 2009 10:45 |  #8

TeamSpeed wrote in post #8295372 (external link)
..Also, if you go to your ebay profile, you can set it up so that you get the cashback instantly.

Mind showing us a little more detail?

sponsored links

822 views & 0 likes for this thread
Something I learned about Microsoft Cashback
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.