Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 18 Jul 2009 (Saturday) 16:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bag Review: Lowepro Classified 160AW w/pics

AVService
276 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 16, 2011 13:37 |  #31

Holy Crap that is Crazy!

There are Ebay sellers that have the UD35 V1 for around $100.00 here but I didn't realize the added "Value" up there?

Go figure?

Too many bags too little time!

Ed

7D | 40Dx2 | 17-55 2.8 | 70-200 2.8L | 10-22 | 24-70 2.8L | 550EX | 430EX | Too Many Bags!

sponsored links
2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Dec 16, 2011 13:58 |  #32

Ed, that's why I was critical of some of my bags. Take the Retro 10--$149 in US. $209 + 13% tax here. I saw that bag this time last year for $109...in the U.S.
Great bag. But is it worth that? (And what's the cause? Government's added value? Retailer's markup? I don't know.)
I admire Think Tank's quality, and I admire them for making changes during the life span of a bag.

It's a funny business we're in. Take a bag home, do a search and instant buyer's remorse! And cameras! I never had to apoogize for buying pro quality. Now when I upgrade and spend a bunch of money, the very next thing is the manufacturer brings out a less expensive model, that produces better images! Or works better at high ISO! I wish I could send my obsolete camera away, pay a fee, and have a *chip* or whatever installed to improve image quality.
Now, when I purchase a Nikon for instance, I look and wonder whether I should change systems? This photography business sure is changing.

You're right Too many bags...

Dave

hfgarris
Goldmember
1,760 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Dec 16, 2011 22:00 |  #33

Yeah ... the UD35 is basically the UD40 rotated 90 degrees with a small 13" laptop pocket on the back, or a netbook sized computer and a gripped/pro body on a longer lens. A very versatile bag!

I think I bought mine (ver. 1) the very day they were announced. Not many small bags will hold a camera mounted on the 70-200L f/2.8 along with another lens or two.

-howard

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Dec 16, 2011 22:09 |  #34

I bought my UD40, then I bought a grip, and a used iPad....Should have bought the 35. I thought the 40 was a better stealth bag for work. Regret not buying the 35. I find the iPad really is the spoiler with the UD40.

Dave

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Dec 21, 2011 18:21 |  #35

Back on track...Have the Classified 160AW Black. This bag has been out for some time.

Why did I buy it?

It is so easy to carry. D300S + grip, with 18-200VR mounted. NEX5 system too.

And it carries my iPad so beautifully! Frankly, I am really impressed with the bag. So thanks to tvphotog for referring to the bag and suggesting to others that they take a look at it. It is a great bag for every day carryd with my gear.

Howard, it is not a Billingham. But it was what I can afford now. Plans for Billinghams are on hold for now! My Hadley Digital will be lonely for a while. c

Best
DaveL

Dave

No ­ One
372 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 10, 2012 00:39 as a reply to  @ 2mnycars's post |  #36

Would anyone know if a Canon 1D MKIV camera with a Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS MKII lens would fit into a LowePro Classified 160 shoulder bag?
Thanks.

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 13, 2012 20:14 |  #37

Wish I could help. I have a d300s with grip. My lenses are an 18-200vr and 70-300vr. I find the camera a tight fit. Takes 2 hands.
I have posted elsewhere asking to see photos of other owners' bags.
You posted a while ago. Just saw it now...

Dave

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Dec 02, 2012 16:50 |  #38

My Classified 160 is reborn.
I've been carrying my UD40 everyday. It hasn't carried everything I want. And I don't like the zipper on the top.
I have rearranged the partitions within the Classified.
It is bigger than I need, but it is bought and paid for.
I shall try it with my Tamrac bag strap. It is padded suede, and just doesn't slip.

I like the iPad slot.
I like being able to keep my camera out of sight.
There is room to carry a Maxpedition organizer.

Still don't like the strap it comes with.

Dave

sponsored links

32,768 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bag Review: Lowepro Classified 160AW w/pics
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.