Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 22 Jul 2009 (Wednesday) 01:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I "LOVE" my Bokeh - down town indy single shot

phamster
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,315 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 22, 2009 14:06 |  #16

elysium wrote in post #8325068 (external link)
That was google. Sorry to the OP if I gave away his technique. :o I think lensbaby do have a special add on also for shaped bokeh.

it is ok..

With 7K plus post, you have been around photography for a while.. I have owned a DSLR for only about 1 ½ years now

I was sure many has seen this before and when I learned about the physical properties of lens and bokeh - well I was like wow. That is cool..!!

it proves there isn't anything new in photography.. just the ability to use the basic concept of light and composition to create a photograph (both good or bad)

Quoting Ernst Haas, “There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself…”

and I add to this with – “Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.''

When I get home I will measure the cut out and document the project..

Also I would like ask should we change this thread and make it “post your creative DIY bokeh?” or start one up? With the first post showing individuals how to do this project..

I would love to see others creative take on this cool twist.

phamster

"Lighting will make or break your photo"
Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Interview with Mike Panic (external link)

sponsored links
babyyyj
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 22, 2009 14:16 |  #17

Thats an amazzing effect:D

elysium
"full of stupid banter"
11,619 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Location: Harrow/London/UK/GB/That Part Of The World/Next To France

Jul 22, 2009 14:16 |  #18

phamster wrote in post #8325398 (external link)
it is ok..

With 7K plus post, you have been around photography for a while.. I have owned a DSLR for only about 1 ½.

I was sure many has seen this before and when I learned about the physical properties of lens and bokeh - well I was like wow. That I cool..!!

it proves there isn't anything new in photography.. just the ability to use the basic concept of light and composition to create a photograph (both good or bad)

Quoting Ernst Haas, “There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself…”

and I add to this with – “Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.''

When I get home I will measure the cut out and document the project..

Also I would like ask should we change this thread and make it “post your creative DIY bokeh?” or start one up? With the first post showing individuals how to do this project..

I would love to see others creative take on this cool twist.

phamster

7k worth of post's doesnt mean I have been taking more photos, it tends to mean I jabber on too much. :o

I have to say you executed this very well but I think the main thing you have shown here is how to push bokeh in new areas. Very good example here. :)

Everyday, a programmer finds a way of creating an idiotproof program. Everyday, the universe spits out another idiot.....So far, the universe if winning

Redfire_Cobra
872 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 22, 2009 14:20 |  #19

I think it would be cool to have a thread showing what people could do with this technique. I wonder how this will work with a 70-200 2.8?

Canon 60D
Canon 50 f/1.8, Canon 70-200L f/2.8,
-Chris

FLiPMaRC
967 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 22, 2009 14:55 |  #20

:lol: This so cool Phamster :cool:

Gear List

PhotoTails
559 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 22, 2009 15:05 |  #21

Love the effect..

EOS 50d + Grip - Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS Canon 2x teleconverter - Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 Bogen Tri-pod
www.phototails.com (external link) http://phototails.dotp​hoto.com (external link)

Tixeon
Goldmember
1,251 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2004

Jul 22, 2009 15:19 |  #22

Very good job Phamster. I haven't seen that done in a long time. Back in the '70's the late great "wild" Bill Stockwell taught me this technique to use at weddings. The altar candles provided the out of focus heart shapes...............t​w

Tim
______
Any cat owner will tell you -- no one really owns a cat...

710 ­ Studio
Goldmember
1,786 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2008

Jul 22, 2009 15:26 |  #23

I just read the DIY article on how to do this. I've not yet given it a shot, but I hope to do this in the near future. Nice shot, either way. The hearts really make the shot in this case!

=--My Gear List --=
Find me at:
Website (external link)| Flickr (external link)| DeviantArt (external link) | Facebook (external link)

yandyr
44 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 22, 2009 15:26 |  #24

i love the shot! @phamster

Canon EOS 500D t1i with:

Tamron SP 17-50mm f/2.8, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8

Saving for:

Bunch of other lenses :)

moeronn
Goldmember
2,516 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jul 22, 2009 16:12 |  #25

There are no people, but this was a test shot I did last year at Disneyland.

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3120/3094240056_65fb403ed9.jpg
30D - ISO 1600, 1/80ss, 50mm @ 1.8

And those are supposed to be Mickey Mouse Ears that didn't come out as well as I was hoping.

flickr (external link)

fungry
Goldmember
2,225 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 22, 2009 20:49 |  #26

That is a really neat effect. Something I got to try it now :D. Thanks for sharing and great shot Pham!

Ed - Gear List - www.edkhou.com (external link)

phamster
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,315 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 22, 2009 21:25 |  #27

fungry wrote in post #8327389 (external link)
That is a really neat effect. Something I got to try it now :D. Thanks for sharing and great shot Pham!

thanks everybody.. i just added the edit to the first post for the size of opening..

just wanted to encourage everybody to create one and do a cool shot !

phamster

"Lighting will make or break your photo"
Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Interview with Mike Panic (external link)

swidjaja
395 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 23, 2009 14:13 |  #28

This is a cool tips. Thanks for sharing.

6D + enough lenses for now.

Lyndön
Goldmember
2,263 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Jul 24, 2009 04:53 |  #29

Cool! I would have never thought of doing that!

GEAR LIST

Slicer
748 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 05, 2009 09:53 |  #30

Sweetness....thanks for stirring the juices Pham

Flickr  (external link)\/ Twitter (external link) \/ Facebook (external link) \/ Web (external link) \/Google+ (external link)

sponsored links

16,922 views & 0 likes for this thread
I "LOVE" my Bokeh - down town indy single shot
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.