Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 28 Jul 2009 (Tuesday) 16:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

canon rebel 300d firmware

emu248mafia
106 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 28, 2009 16:04 |  #1

Hello all.

Im trying to upgrade my firmware to the 10D firmware that someone had hacked for it.

It says to put it on the card and the camera will recognize it or flash it from the computer through USB.

My question is, how do i go about doing this on my Mac? anyone update their firmware with a mac? if so, how'd you do it?

60D Gripped | Sigma 10mm 2.8 | Canon 17-55mm IS USM 2.8 | Sigma 70-200 OS 2.8 | Sigma 2x teleconverter
http://www.murerimages​.com (external link)

sponsored links
klinz
101 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Jul 28, 2009 22:36 |  #2

been awhile since i had my 300d. from what i remember you download the file you want.copy it to a blank compact flash card. then theres a firmware update function in your camera that takes it from there. so load flash card into camera and access the update feature . make sure your battery is fully charged before doing this. you do not need to have the camera connected to the computer during this.

klinz
101 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Jul 28, 2009 22:38 as a reply to  @ klinz's post |  #3

oh and beware that if you make a mistake during this. you will have a paperweight with a lens

emu248mafia
THREAD ­ STARTER
106 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 29, 2009 00:11 |  #4

klinz wrote in post #8360392 (external link)
oh and beware that if you make a mistake during this. you will have a paperweight with a lens

the thing is how do i go about getting it to the blank CF card as i dont have a reader. and it doesnt act as a storage device on my mac. so im lost.

i might as just stick with keeping it what it is

60D Gripped | Sigma 10mm 2.8 | Canon 17-55mm IS USM 2.8 | Sigma 70-200 OS 2.8 | Sigma 2x teleconverter
http://www.murerimages​.com (external link)

FreezeFramePhto
Goldmember
1,130 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Jul 29, 2009 00:27 |  #5

I take it your using the usb to DL pictures to your Mac?

My suggestion, find a friend whos got a reader and do it from there computer.

www.freezeframe.photo

Bodog
Goldmember
1,306 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Jul 29, 2009 00:39 |  #6

emu248mafia wrote in post #8358404 (external link)
Hello all.

It says to put it on the card and the camera will recognize it or flash it from the computer through USB.

It's been years since I went through this, but from memory the usual problem incurred was not "unzipping" the downloaded file. If the file you downloaded has a .rar, .tar or .zip extension it is compressed and must be "unzipped" before transferring to the CF card. Once you have done that you should have a file with a .fir extension. This is the file you put on the CF. Put the card in the camera and turn it on. (you can't flash from your computer). The card must be in the camera and .fir file must be in the root of CF. I really can't remember but I don't think the upgrade was automatic; you have to find the "firmware update" in the camera menu and update it from there. Your manual (if you have one) can help you with this part... Good luck.

JimE
Color? It's all relative...

klinz
101 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Jul 29, 2009 01:13 as a reply to  @ Bodog's post |  #7

yeah i would just keep it as is.

sponsored links

670 views & 0 likes for this thread
canon rebel 300d firmware
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.