Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 10 Aug 2009 (Monday) 10:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Been ages - some new portraits.

TSEE
Goldmember
4,961 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 10, 2009 10:52 |  #1

Been ages since I was here posting, things have changed since I was last here looking.

I snapped some portraits of my two youngest at the end of June before I went out of the country (might post some travel photos as well) as I wasn't sure how much time I'd have when I get back, turns out not a lot. My 1800 travel photos have kept me busy. LOL
ETA: Shot with 20D, Canon 50mm, SV continuous lights, paper backdrops. Settings between ISO 200, F2.5-4, 1/250.
Here's one of all 3 of my kids - not the best one I've taken I admit that but they're all 3 smiling so that counts for something.

Anyways my 6 Yr old is a ham of course and I had her help me test out some of my new props, a new BG (Savage Orchid) as well as some little duckies, I need to come up with some better set than this but I wanted to see how they looked so this is what we did. Also bought a petal mat that I had her try out but which I'm not posting pictures of.

And then my little one, well not so little anymore, he's 3. He's a ham too. I had picked up some posing cubes that we tried, not sure I liked the results but I'll have to play with them some more I guess. He did pretty good, usually there's more outtakes than keepers with him, infact on my website I've started an outtakes folder just because of him. :)

CC if you wish, mostly snapped these for myself and my family to have.

-Sue (TSEE)
My gear list finally got too long to list under my sig.
"All of us have photographic memory, some of us just don't have film."
"I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything."

sponsored links
Stickman
Goldmember
1,964 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Aug 10, 2009 11:06 |  #2

These would be great in the kids and family section.

Stick
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/stickgunner/ (external link)

TSEE
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,961 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 10, 2009 11:34 |  #3

Stickman wrote in post #8433026 (external link)
These would be great in the kids and family section.

I'm sorry if I posted these in the wrong section - it said it was people and portraits, these are portraits not candids, but if the moderator feels its in the wrong section I don't mind them being moved.

-Sue (TSEE)

Art ­ Rodriguez
Goldmember
2,878 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 10, 2009 13:32 as a reply to  @ TSEE's post |  #4

Welcome back! They are all great but I like the 3rd and last one the best. Yea, things have changed. They have more forums added it's hard to tell what to post were :) Don't stay away too long this time.

You know one thing I've notice, your kids sure take directions well and what I mean about that is they know how to pose. Take the two that I like, their hand placement is great. As for directions in picking up their mess, that might be different :)

Art

Facebook (external link)

www.pbase.com/jriggy44​39 (external link)

TSEE
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,961 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 10, 2009 14:30 |  #5

Art Rodriguez wrote in post #8433874 (external link)
Welcome back! They are all great but I like the 3rd and last one the best. Yea, things have changed. They have more forums added it's hard to tell what to post were :) Don't stay away too long this time.

You know one thing I've notice, your kids sure take directions well and what I mean about that is they know how to pose. Take the two that I like, their hand placement is great. As for directions in picking up their mess, that might be different :)

Art

Thanks Art. If I stick around I might actually get the hang of it, took me a while to remember how on earth to embed the images too. LOL Nothing I've had to worry about for awhile. ;)

*sigh* I think that's repetition. In fact I just told her to sit and she placed her hands there. Same for the little one, I told him to put his knee up and he placed his hands there. So it must be repetition that makes them know where to put their hands? Mess, what mess? My kids don't make messes. (Yeah right.)

-Sue (TSEE)

engsetr1
439 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 10, 2009 14:34 |  #6

Nice to see you back again! Nice pic's of the kids!

gear

http://debramckee.zenf​olio.com/ (external link)

Art ­ Rodriguez
Goldmember
2,878 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 10, 2009 16:24 |  #7

TSEE wrote in post #8434198 (external link)
Thanks Art. If I stick around I might actually get the hang of it, took me a while to remember how on earth to embed the images too. LOL Nothing I've had to worry about for awhile. ;)

*sigh* I think that's repetition. In fact I just told her to sit and she placed her hands there. Same for the little one, I told him to put his knee up and he placed his hands there. So it must be repetition that makes them know where to put their hands? Mess, what mess? My kids don't make messes. (Yeah right.)

Man, it has been a long time! :p The only thing that hasn't changed is the embeding of the photos.

Now if they can only learn the repetition of picking up their mess then they would be the perfect children :)

Art

Facebook (external link)

www.pbase.com/jriggy44​39 (external link)

TSEE
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,961 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 11, 2009 12:06 |  #8

engsetr1 wrote in post #8434214 (external link)
Nice to see you back again! Nice pic's of the kids!

Thanks for the welcome and the compliments.

-Sue (TSEE)

TSEE
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,961 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 11, 2009 12:07 |  #9

Art Rodriguez wrote in post #8434803 (external link)
Man, it has been a long time! :p The only thing that hasn't changed is the embeding of the photos.

Now if they can only learn the repetition of picking up their mess then they would be the perfect children :)

Art

I know it hadn't changed but remembering how to do it when I haven't done it in almost a year it took a few tries with photobucket before I got the right codes, they've changed things around too ya know. :p

Amen to that!

-Sue (TSEE)

aram535
Goldmember
1,915 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 11, 2009 13:05 |  #10

My only comment is a very small point, hardly worth mentioning but I will :-) just for something to keep in the back of your head for the future.

It's usually not a good idea to have the background the same color a color that is repeated in the subject. The little boy's shirt is very close to the background so it's a little distracting. No need to change the background a little light spill back there with or without a gel would have changed it enough.

Gear List * www.tranquilphotos.com (external link) * My Blog (external link)

TSEE
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,961 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 11, 2009 13:29 |  #11

aram535 wrote in post #8440258 (external link)
My only comment is a very small point, hardly worth mentioning but I will :-) just for something to keep in the back of your head for the future.

It's usually not a good idea to have the background the same color a color that is repeated in the subject. The little boy's shirt is very close to the background so it's a little distracting. No need to change the background a little light spill back there with or without a gel would have changed it enough.

Thanks for the comment. Ya know I've got gels but never tried them, I'll keep that in mind tho and try to remember to try it out next time. :)

-Sue (TSEE)

sponsored links

2,215 views & 0 likes for this thread
Been ages - some new portraits.
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.