Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 10 Aug 2009 (Monday) 18:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Pictures Not Showing up in DPP

scot079
Goldmember
3,839 posts
Joined May 2007

Aug 10, 2009 18:30 |  #1

After formatting my card I went out and took all these photos. Was looking forward to PP'ing them but I'm not able to see them in DPP. They're obviously on the card but I cannot open them. Anyone know what the problem is? Thanks in advance guys.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Edit: BTW camera is a 50D, memory card is Sandisk Ultra II 4 GB.

- Tim
www.timadkinsphoto.com (external link)
GEARandFEEDBACK

sponsored links
PaulSoebekti
162 posts
Joined Dec 2002

Aug 10, 2009 19:24 |  #2

Hello Tim.

Cause: The picture extension of .CR2 is not associated to DPP.
Assuming you're on a windows system, use file explorer (in the Folder Options, open File Types) and scroll down to the CR2 extension.

In the Details for the CR2 extension window pane, click on Change and select DPP Viewer Module as the program to open. Hope it helps.

Paul

P.S. Sorry, mistyped. Also, is DPP up to date? You're on a Mac ...

scot079
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,839 posts
Joined May 2007

Aug 10, 2009 19:37 |  #3

Thanks Paul. My main machine is a Mac (see screenshot above) but I did try your advice on my PC...I couldn't get it to work.

Thanks for reminding me about the new version of DPP, I'm currently running 3.5. Downloading 3.6 now. :-) Will chime in if it works but I have a bad feeling that the card is corrupt and will be going in the trash :-(

- Tim
GEARandFEEDBACK

scot079
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,839 posts
Joined May 2007

Aug 10, 2009 20:02 |  #4

Update: Downloading/installing the DPP update did not change anything. Files still appear to be on the card but I'm not able to open and convert the RAW files to jpeg.

Also, I put the card back in to the 50D and I'm NOT able to view them in the camera either. When I was out taking photos, I checked the LCD after almost every shot to verify the exposure, etc.

So between the time I took the last picture to inserting the card into my card reader, something has happened. :-(

- Tim
GEARandFEEDBACK

PaulSoebekti
162 posts
Joined Dec 2002

Aug 10, 2009 20:25 |  #5

Tim, do you have SanDisk's Rescue Pro?

I got two copies (came as a free 'gift' with the purchase of CF cards) and will mail it to you (that is if you would like to try it to salvage the images).
Send me a PM if interested.

Paul

PaulSoebekti
162 posts
Joined Dec 2002

Aug 10, 2009 21:04 |  #6

Tim, I PM'd you

aam1234
Goldmember
4,132 posts
Joined May 2004

Aug 12, 2009 00:26 |  #7

Any update. I currently have the same problem.

Cheers

garyvot
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 12, 2009 01:01 |  #8

The only time I have seen this happen has been because a card itself was bad or was not compatible with a particular card reader. Try to recover your images with image rescue software, then reformat and keep an close eye on that particular card. Consider discarding it if the problem recurs.

scot079
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,839 posts
Joined May 2007

Aug 12, 2009 07:13 |  #9

Last night I purchased a RescuePro license via the Sandisk website ($40). It retrieved the images and allowed me to open them up in DPP and form there it was just normal workflow. YAY

- Tim
GEARandFEEDBACK

aam1234
Goldmember
4,132 posts
Joined May 2004

Aug 12, 2009 13:20 |  #10

Great news. I will try that tomorrow.

sponsored links

2,257 views & 0 likes for this thread
Pictures Not Showing up in DPP
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.