Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 26 Aug 2009 (Wednesday) 19:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

4 Camera Store and 2 Months of Negotiations

DBOi
32 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 26, 2009 19:49 |  #1

Hey All,

First time poster but long time reader

So, I’ve finally taken the leap into FF and I’m blown away, but this isn’t the topic of the thread.
These are the final prices I received after much time and effort .

Some Tips for Buyers:

-Don’t be afraid to ask for a lower price
-Price Match is your best friend
-Camera stores will usually do whatever it takes to get your business, if they aren’t willing to treat you right, go down the street to another camera store.
-Put down a small deposit then head to another store and see if they’ll beat it, let the games begin.

All Prices are in Canadian Dollars and bought in Toronto, Ontario

Canon 5D Mark II w/ Kit Lens $3900
5D Mark II Battery Grip: $260
LP-E6 $82
70-200mm f/2.8 IS $1730
Manfrotto 055XPROB $100
Manfrotto 488RC2 $120
Remote Switch $60

All items are BNIB with Full Canadian Warranty bought from Authorized Canon Dealers. I did not have to purchase an extended Warranties nor have to use their CC.

5D Mark II /grip, EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM, Speedlite 430 EX II, RS-80N3 & P.O.T.N. Wireless Shutter, Manfrotto 055XPROB w/ 488RC4, OPUS H0022 Studio Flash System, Tamrac 5612 Pro 12, Kata 3N1-20

MrGreen
Goldmember
1,252 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 31, 2009 18:26 |  #2

DBOi wrote in post #8528997 (external link)
Hey All,

First time poster but long time reader

So, I’ve finally taken the leap into FF and I’m blown away, but this isn’t the topic of the thread.
These are the final prices I received after much time and effort .

Some Tips for Buyers:

-Don’t be afraid to ask for a lower price
-Price Match is your best friend
-Camera stores will usually do whatever it takes to get your business, if they aren’t willing to treat you right, go down the street to another camera store.
-Put down a small deposit then head to another store and see if they’ll beat it, let the games begin.

All Prices are in Canadian Dollars and bought in Toronto, Ontario

Canon 5D Mark II w/ Kit Lens $3900
5D Mark II Battery Grip: $260
LP-E6 $82
70-200mm f/2.8 IS $1730
Manfrotto 055XPROB $100
Manfrotto 488RC2 $120
Remote Switch $60

All items are BNIB with Full Canadian Warranty bought from Authorized Canon Dealers. I did not have to purchase an extended Warranties nor have to use their CC.

That's great you were able to get a good price on everything locally. The camera stores here in Vancouver are completely unwilling to bargain like that.

My site: www.millionflame.com (external link)
Gear: 7D - Zeikos Grip, Rebel XTi/400D - Opteka Grip, EF 24-105mm f/4L, EF 100mm f/2.8L MACRO, EF 50mm f/1.8 (Nifty Fifty), EF-s 55-250mm (Nifty Two-Fifty), Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Σ 150-500mm (Bigmos), Σ 35mm f/1.4, Σ 85mm f/1.4, Feisol CT-3442 CF Tripod, Photo Clam PC-40NS Ball head, 580 EX II Flash

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

495 views & 0 likes for this thread
4 Camera Store and 2 Months of Negotiations
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.