Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 30 Aug 2009 (Sunday) 11:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Only getting half the picture

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,878 posts
Gallery: 169 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 30, 2009 11:49 |  #1

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I try to print off photos my printer prints the second half of the photo on the first half of the paper leaving the second half blank. Has anyone an idea on how to fix this?

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisagefolkestone​.com (external link)

sponsored links
basroil
Cream of the Crop
8,015 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Aug 30, 2009 12:02 |  #2

If you can view the full picture in your computer, then you'll need to start by reinstalling your drivers. You can also try to direct print (if your printer supports it) to see if it is in fact the printer or the software setup.

If you can't view the full image on your computer, buy a new memory card, your current one is busted.

I don't hate macs or OSX, I hate people and statements that portray them as better than anything else. Macs are A solution, not THE solution. Get a good desktop i7 with Windows 7 and come tell me that sucks for photo or video editing.
Gear List

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,878 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 30, 2009 12:16 |  #3

I've tried reinstalling the drivers and I can view the full image on my computer, it's not the memory card as I'm printing off the hard drive.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisagefolkestone​.com (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,878 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 30, 2009 14:59 as a reply to  @ post 8549626 |  #4

I've tried printing off a new card on another computer and printer ans I'm getting the same result both machines are running vista if that has anything to do with it.

Tixeon
Goldmember
1,245 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2004

Aug 30, 2009 17:19 |  #5

What is the measurement of the image you're trying to print?
Are you telling the software to print a certain size photo?
What software are you using to send the image to the printer?

This is all useful info...............tw

Tim
______
Any cat owner will tell you -- no one really owns a cat...

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,878 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 31, 2009 03:57 |  #6

It does it with all sizes of print and I've tried it with photoshop, lightroom and windows own software all with the same result.

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Aug 31, 2009 08:43 as a reply to  @ Ronin Silv's post |  #7

Will your printer print out anything else normally, such as a word document or a web page?

GEAR LIST l WEBSITE (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,878 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 31, 2009 08:45 |  #8

Yes everything else prints normally it's just photos it's having problems with.

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Aug 31, 2009 08:48 |  #9

Ronin Silv wrote in post #8554256 (external link)
Yes everything else prints normally it's just photos it's having problems with.

Are you printing on specialized paper for your photos as apposed to a normal text print on plain paper?

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Aug 31, 2009 09:22 |  #10

The Ghost of FM wrote in post #8554271 (external link)
Are you printing on specialized paper for your photos as apposed to a normal text print on plain paper?

I ask this because I have an HP 1200 series, 13x19 printer that will print text and pictures perfectly on plain paper but on glossy photo paper, it too starts printing at places on the paper other then where its supposed to. With mine, it seems to be something about glossy media that screws up the feeder/sensor.

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,878 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 31, 2009 09:37 |  #11

Cheers for that but it would seem strange if this was so on mine as it is ment to be a photo printer.

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Aug 31, 2009 09:55 |  #12

Ronin Silv wrote in post #8554484 (external link)
Cheers for that but it would seem strange if this was so on mine as it is ment to be a photo printer.

OK, so the text you said it printed normally was on photo paper or plain paper?

The key here to solving the problem is using a process of elimination.

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,878 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 31, 2009 10:07 |  #13

The Ghost of FM wrote in post #8554581 (external link)
OK, so the text you said it printed normally was on photo paper or plain paper?

The key here to solving the problem is using a process of elimination.

On plain I supose I could try printing a photo on plain not glossy see if that works.

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Aug 31, 2009 10:14 |  #14

Ronin Silv wrote in post #8554629 (external link)
On plain I supose I could try printing a photo on plain not glossy see if that works.

Yes! That would be an important test to see if the issue is media related.

Cheers!

Ronin ­ Silv
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,878 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 31, 2009 14:02 |  #15

After uninstalling all the drivers and then letting windows install them it's self I seem to of fixed the problem.

sponsored links

3,452 views & 0 likes for this thread
Only getting half the picture
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.