Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 31 Aug 2009 (Monday) 01:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I hate the park warden

jdetmold
428 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 31, 2009 01:17 |  #1

The taking of this photo lead to several hundred dollars worth of damage to my wife's car, as well as her car being locked up in the lake parking lot over night because some park warden decided to lock the gate (without looking for cars or people at the beach first) at 10:40 vrs 11:00 (the posted lock time). As suck I had to hike back to our campsite caring all the valuables from the car out of fear of a break in.
I hope it was all worth it! Let me know.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i936.photobucke​t.com …207/jdetmold/08​-29-09.jpg (external link)

-Jeff
Gear List

sponsored links
Vulcan58
Goldmember
1,789 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 31, 2009 01:26 |  #2

Nice shot, just a shame about the car. Make sure you have a good ol' moan at your city council / parks dep't.

cheggy
56 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 31, 2009 04:12 as a reply to  @ Vulcan58's post |  #3

Well it's a nice shot.

Perhaps some noise reduction on the water. It looks dusty at the bottom of the image although the texture feel to the water comes off nicely. Is that a 9 minute shutter? It looks like the camera may have moved ever so slightly at the start and end of the exposure but I still like it. I especially like the way the less bright stars blend in with each other and start to form patterns.

I'm not sure if the plane should be removed though. I also like the purple colours on the water.

...click

OdiN1701
Goldmember
2,523 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Aug 31, 2009 13:25 |  #4
bannedPermanent ban

That would be why I'd carry bolt cutters.

But I think you needed a longer exposure for the star trails.

How did the car get damaged?

SAY NO TO SPEC WORK! (external link)

jdetmold
THREAD ­ STARTER
428 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 31, 2009 14:50 |  #5

cheggy wrote in post #8553660 (external link)
Well it's a nice shot.
Perhaps some noise reduction on the water. It looks dusty at the bottom of the image although the texture feel to the water comes off nicely. Is that a 9 minute shutter? It looks like the camera may have moved ever so slightly at the start and end of the exposure but I still like it. I especially like the way the less bright stars blend in with each other and start to form patterns.

I'm not sure if the plane should be removed though. I also like the purple colours on the water.

I will try some noise reduction on the water and repost when I get home today. The shot is I believe 25, 30second exposures so your guess on 9 minutes is very close.

OdiN1701 wrote in post #8555807 (external link)
That would be why I'd carry bolt cutters.

But I think you needed a longer exposure for the star trails.

How did the car get damaged?

I agree a longer exposure would have been nice but as I was rushed to make it out before the park closed I had to cut it short :( in hindsight after being locked in anyway, wish I had of just returned to the water and started again.

The funny thing about the bolt cutters is when I was at home packing they were in the basment sitting right beside my tent and I almost picked them up! but then I figured I was taking the wife’s car so no logging roads etc and I proly wouldn’t need them anyway! Never again! They now live beside my spare tire lol

and well... the car... that was my doing in the pitch black I backed into a rather large pothole and cracked and scratched up the rear bumper not as bad as I was fearing but still! (mad at myself for that one)

-Jeff
Gear List

jdetmold
THREAD ­ STARTER
428 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 08, 2009 00:06 |  #6

got a chance to make a few changes today as well as some noise removal
better?

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i936.photobucke​t.com …/jdetmold/start​rails1.jpg (external link)

-Jeff
Gear List

skylark_sings
140 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 08, 2009 09:03 as a reply to  @ jdetmold's post |  #7

Beautiful! Looks much clearer with the noise reduction. I like the colors in the second edit, too.

jdetmold
THREAD ­ STARTER
428 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 08, 2009 23:51 |  #8

skylark_sings wrote in post #8604566 (external link)
Beautiful! Looks much clearer with the noise reduction. I like the colors in the second edit, too.

Thanks! I like the new one much better as well!

-Jeff
Gear List

sponsored links

1,288 views & 0 likes for this thread
I hate the park warden
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.