Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 01 Sep 2009 (Tuesday) 08:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D pre-order thread

Daytona
899 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 09, 2009 09:52 as a reply to  @ post 8787161 |  #1021

None of my local BB's seem to have gotten the 7D last night. :rolleyes:

MEMBER, CANON PROFESSIONAL SERVICES (CPS) MEMBER, NAT. ASN. OF PHOTOSHOP PROS (NAPP)
CURRENT BODIES: 5D Mark III
SITE OWNER:
ThruMyLens (external link)/LuxuryTyme (external link)

sponsored links
K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 09, 2009 10:49 |  #1022

FYI Newegg is telling people they expect their second shipment of the 7D on Monday.

Flickr (external link)

TsPoet
427 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 09, 2009 12:02 |  #1023

Daytona wrote in post #8790276 (external link)
None of my local BB's seem to have gotten the 7D last night. :rolleyes:

That's what mine told me on the phone. I went in anyway, and told them if they didn't they were the only BB in the country that didn't.
they opened up a cupboard to show me no 7Ds, and there were 3 sitting right there in front.
I chickened out and didn't buy one. Getting the kit would mean I'd have to cancel my lens order and I'd rather the 15-85 than the kit lens, so the kit would be inhibiting my desire.
then again, I desire the camera!

T.S.
I have too many hobbies, I miss boring
Tricities Washington in Pictures: http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.co​m/ (external link)

NicolasRubio
Goldmember
1,152 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 09, 2009 12:36 |  #1024

How much time will take Canon to normalize the stock? I'm going to Miami on 01/31/2010 and the only way I'm coming back home is with a 7D!

Gripped 7D - 3 Ls - 3 non-Ls - 580EX II - Too much Think Tank gear - Cotton Carrier Holster

Detailed Gear List - My Website (external link)

stsva
Cream of the Crop
6,360 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 09, 2009 12:38 |  #1025

TsPoet wrote in post #8791027 (external link)
That's what mine told me on the phone. I went in anyway, and told them if they didn't they were the only BB in the country that didn't.
they opened up a cupboard to show me no 7Ds, and there were 3 sitting right there in front.
I chickened out and didn't buy one. Getting the kit would mean I'd have to cancel my lens order and I'd rather the 15-85 than the kit lens, so the kit would be inhibiting my desire.
then again, I desire the camera!

Buy kit while available and sell extra lens! :D

Some Canon stuff and a little bit of Yongnuo.
http://www.pbase.com/s​tsva/profile (external link)
Member of the GIYF
Club and
HAMSTTR
٩ Breeders Club https://photography-on-the.net …=744235&highlig​ht=hamsttr Join today!
Image Editing OK

SALT
252 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 09, 2009 12:50 |  #1026

my local bb (socal) has the kits! they're holding one for me right now...i figured if i use the 10% off coupon that i got from the post office (to defeat tax) and sell the brand new lens this makes it a good deal..

not cancelling my preorder though...not yet at least

ONEFIVEM
7D/5D

TsPoet
427 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 09, 2009 12:57 |  #1027

stsva wrote in post #8791224 (external link)
Buy kit while available and sell extra lens! :D

I like you :lol:
I'm trying to force myself to wait until Monday. I am in the Amazon no-information black hole, but so many other pre-order places are letting people know that they will get more in on Monday. So, it could be on it's way to me Tuesday... or not.
Then again, that wastes a weekend of play.

Selling the lens:
1) in the past they've gone for ~$275 on this forum, but several people have that plan so the selling price should drop.
2) no box since it comes in the kit
3) I'm lazy and posting/packaging/ship​ping are a PITA.
4) currently my only lens is the 100-400 L, so I'm spoiled as to quality and lacking as to wide angle, the 28 will be a huge wide end improvement for me. (Rebel Xti). I haven't missed wide-angle all that much, though.

T.S.
Tricities Washington in Pictures: http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.co​m/ (external link)

TsPoet
427 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 09, 2009 12:59 |  #1028

SALT wrote in post #8791292 (external link)
my local bb (socal) has the kits! they're holding one for me right now...i figured if i use the 10% off coupon that i got from the post office (to defeat tax) and sell the brand new lens this makes it a good deal..

I asked mine about becoming a preferred member (silver member? some such BB deal) and they said membership is free when you purchase a big item and they send out 12% off coupons often. If you get that 12% within a month, you can bring it in with your receipt and get some $ back.
I don't know how they will handle the 10% off at the time of purchase vs bringing in the 12% later. that's an additional ~$40, though.

T.S.

stsva
Cream of the Crop
6,360 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 09, 2009 13:02 |  #1029

TsPoet wrote in post #8791324 (external link)
I like you :lol:
I'm trying to force myself to wait until Monday. I am in the Amazon no-information black hole, but so many other pre-order places are letting people know that they will get more in on Monday. So, it could be on it's way to me Tuesday... or not.
Then again, that wastes a weekend of play.

Selling the lens:
1) in the past they've gone for ~$275 on this forum, but several people have that plan so the selling price should drop.
2) no box since it comes in the kit
3) I'm lazy and posting/packaging/ship​ping are a PITA.
4) currently my only lens is the 100-400 L, so I'm spoiled as to quality and lacking as to wide angle, the 28 will be a huge wide end improvement for me. (Rebel Xti). I haven't missed wide-angle all that much, though.

Sell on Ebay - lots of uninformed buyers (not like the knowledgeable folks here) and, if you're lucky, you'll sell into a bidding frenzy. :D I keep my old Amazon and other mail-order boxes and plastic bubble wrap and packing popcorn stuff, and it's easy to pop a lens into that and send off. Require Paypal for payment and you're pretty much covered except for actually having to drop the box off at the P.O or UPS store.

Some Canon stuff and a little bit of Yongnuo.
http://www.pbase.com/s​tsva/profile (external link)
Member of the GIYF
Club and
HAMSTTR
٩ Breeders Club https://photography-on-the.net …=744235&highlig​ht=hamsttr Join today!
Image Editing OK

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 09, 2009 13:05 |  #1030

SALT wrote in post #8791292 (external link)

I'm not either no matter how long it takes. If I were impatient not only would I lose the $187 cash back but would be hit for $95 in sales tax at Best Buy.

Flickr (external link)

mikey97
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 09, 2009 13:07 as a reply to  @ stsva's post |  #1031

back from best buy with kit!

this will free up a body for an adorama pre order for someone!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: data

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 09, 2009 13:11 |  #1032

I predict the 28-135s will become very cheap.

Flickr (external link)

PicSniper
Goldmember
1,017 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 09, 2009 13:15 |  #1033

mikey97 wrote in post #8791379 (external link)
back from best buy with kit!

this will free up a body for an adorama pre order for someone!

This is sweet music to my ears!!! :lol:

Hello, my name is Victor.
My Gear List

saristeguieta
198 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 09, 2009 13:48 as a reply to  @ PicSniper's post |  #1034

I just got mine from the local BB. Charging battery and reading manual. Upgrading from a 30D.

Picture taken with BBerry.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

SIMON
yartphoto@gmail.com (external link)
Selling Canon 30D; see https://photography-on-the.net …3&highlight=sar​isteguieta

Big ­ C
469 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 09, 2009 13:50 |  #1035

Best Buy is holding one for me. I'm going down to get it!

Nikon D750 | Tokina 16-28 2.8 | 28 1.8G | Sigma 50 Art | 85 1.8G
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

157,629 views & 0 likes for this thread
7D pre-order thread
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.