Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 01 Sep 2009 (Tuesday) 08:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D pre-order thread

Phrasikleia
Goldmember
1,828 posts
Joined May 2008

Oct 10, 2009 13:06 |  #1066

supercar wrote in post #8795944 (external link)
My wife was let go from her job yesterday, so I'm trying to cancel my preorder with Adorama. :(:( I checked my order status and I don't see a way to cancel online. I sent an email and because they are out I received an email to send another email Monday. I guess I'll try to give them a call Monday morning.

I guess I can make myself feel better by telling myself I can take additional time to make sure the camera really is as good as I hope and that if I don't get an early copy maybe I'm less likely to have problems. Finally, I guess I can take more time to see if prices come down and try to find a deal later.

Sigh...

-Dave

Sorry to hear that. Yes, maybe you'll be able to get a better deal on one down the line. Looking at the gear in your signature, it would appear that you're in good shape regardless. :)

Photography by Erin Babnik (external link) | Newsletter (external link) | Photo Cascadia Team Member (external link) | Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
pkphotography
199 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 10, 2009 13:24 |  #1067

Still waiting from Tiger :(

Canon 5D Mark III + BG-E11 | Panasonic GX7 | Sony A7R (on order)
Canon 24-70L II | Canon 70-200L IS II | Canon 35L | Canon 40 STM | Canon 85L II
Panasonic 14-42 | Olympus 17 | Olympus 45 | Olympus 75 | Olympus 40-150
M-Hexanon 50 | Jupiter-8 50 | Nikon 105 AIS
Other Gear

cmathews
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Oct 10, 2009 14:36 |  #1068

My wife was let go from her job yesterday, so I'm trying to cancel my preorder with Adorama. :(:( I checked my order status and I don't see a way to cancel online. I sent an email and because they are out I received an email to send another email Monday. I guess I'll try to give them a call Monday morning.

Serious bummer. You have to call their customer service department to cancel. You can usually get through quickly and they are nice about it. Adorama's shipping department is closed until Monday the 12th so if you call Monday morning you should be fine.

I hope all works out well for you.

TsPoet
427 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 10, 2009 14:46 |  #1069

stsva wrote in post #8791224 (external link)
Buy kit while available and sell extra lens! :D

I followed your orders, picked mine up at BB an hour ago. I'm one of the few making a larger step - Rebel to 7D. Now to learn how to use it.

T.S.
I have too many hobbies, I miss boring
Tricities Washington in Pictures: http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.co​m/ (external link)

TsPoet
427 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 10, 2009 14:48 |  #1070

I guess I can make myself feel better by telling myself I can take additional time to make sure the camera really is as good as I hope and that if I don't get an early copy maybe I'm less likely to have problems. Finally, I guess I can take more time to see if prices come down and try to find a deal later.

Sigh...

-Dave

Wow that is tough. But you will come out alright. Everyone I know that has been let go in the last 5 years has ended up doing something they love (albeit sometimes for less money) and the 7D will be less expensive and potential bugs will be fixed.
So, I predict you will do well in the end.

T.S.
I have too many hobbies, I miss boring
Tricities Washington in Pictures: http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.co​m/ (external link)

J. ­ Odoms
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 10, 2009 16:10 |  #1071

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but It looks like Best Buy all along never had intentions of fulfilling their Pre orders. I honestly spent over 6 HOURS this morning with everyone from Online Customer Service, to Online Sales, all the way up to Corporate, and NOT ONE OF THEM had the same story, regarding the release of the 7D. Then finally the woman from corporate stated that their website has to be in error and that they would look into it.

But without giving a long drawn out explanation of what happened to me this morning regarding this fiasco I'll surmise it.

Basically I was so friggin angry at how they basically lied to us, by saying that we would be guaranteed a delivery by the 15th (those of us who selected expedited shipping), because I called several times to verify these dates because I could have placed an order with another store, but only because they gave a DATE I went with them.

I then told them that since they couldn't tell me for sure I wanted my money back, but they initially couldn't/wouldn't do that because I had bought a BB gift card. So after exspressing my anger I told them that I WANTED MY MONEY.

So they called my local BB, and told them to refund me my money. At this time I was upset, but I was like I could just place a preorder with a local mom and pop shop, who said they expected their second shoipment by Friday.

After going to the closet BB, I then talked to the manger, who i know really well, as the BB is only 5minutes from my house, so i'm in there all the time, just window shopping. And after telling him what happened he was like let me just look at something before we refund this. She then said wait blah blah has 2, so does this one, and so does that one. I flipped, what you mean to tell me that online never stated that i could not only pick it up, but the customer service reps, who i had spoken with at 7am this morning, who I had specifically search my area to check inventory, never told me they had any, no more than 5miles from my house.

I was so excited, my anger was overwhelmed by my joy, and excitement. We each called a BB location out of the 3 and i happened to be the first one ( on my cell phone) who got ahold of someone, who after a couple minutes on hold found one in the store, placed it on hold for me.

Because I'm a regular customer they allowed me to use an old 12% off Rewardzone coupon, and they not only placed the order at the original store I weas at, they offered to send someone to pick it up for me. But needless to say 5miles isn't that bad of a drive, so I went and took delivery of the 7D myself.

So ultimately I got my kit lens for free, and like 5% off which here in illinois (Cook County) is like 1/2 off the taxes, so it worked out for the better.

Basically I wanted to let those who are relying on BB's delivery dates DON"T, attempt to find a local BB that might have them in stock, as many of us have done. They apparently each got no more than 2, some stores only got 1, and many didn't get any.

Hope this helps, and I pray that you guys are blessed with success as I have been.

tetrode
I am a walking repository of thoroughly useless information
3,775 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 10, 2009 16:22 as a reply to  @ J. Odoms's post |  #1072

My pre-order is with Tigerdirect (yes, I know). I'm in absolutely no hurry for a 7D body but the 15% Bing! cashback (at the time) was too enticing to pass up.

Anyway, according to the agent who handled my Tigerdirect chat session a few minutes ago, they're expecting a shipment of 7Ds on October 31 so mine should ship the first week of November.

I'm curious what other stories Tigerdirect 7D waiters have been told. Does the story I got match anyone elses experience?

Dave F.

RiaGurl
Goldmember
1,857 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 10, 2009 17:21 as a reply to  @ tetrode's post |  #1073

you might get your bingcashback before your camera;)

VictoRia:roll::D
Canon 20D,40D gripped,50D gripped,7D gripped
A flash for each^. 2x580EX II, 1x430EX II, 550EX
Bunch of glass.:)
Bunch of accessories.

downhillnews
Goldmember
1,609 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Oct 10, 2009 18:26 as a reply to  @ RiaGurl's post |  #1074

Another DH MTB race!

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i89.photobucket​.com …lnews/ETurpenPF​2009-1.jpg (external link)

WWW.DOWNHILLNEWS.COM (external link)
WWW.IJWPHOTOGRAPHY.COM (external link)
Phase One Certified Digital Tech

chrisb321
241 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 10, 2009 18:38 |  #1075

Just got mine from BB using the 10% USPS coupon.
All the stores near me (North Chicago) were showing a bunch of stock (kit version) when they checked on their computers.

Just read half the manual, now time to shoot!

Camera : 7D : S100 : Sig10-20 : 50 1.8 : 17-55 2.8IS
http://www.chrisbatesp​hoto.com/ (external link)http://www.chrisbatesp​hoto.com/ (external link)

DaMoose
28 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 10, 2009 21:37 |  #1076

Still waiting on Adorama

SteelToad
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 11, 2009 00:38 |  #1077

smarx wrote in post #8739746 (external link)
anyone here anything about shipments from bestbuy yet?

I just checked at a little after 1:00am (midnight in Minnesota) because it was now 10/11, the 'release date'. My preorder placed on 9/2 which I confirmed again on the phone Friday, has finally changed status. It's now backordered.

xiaopoli
45 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 11, 2009 00:45 |  #1078

DaMoose wrote in post #8798464 (external link)
Still waiting on Adorama

Me too. It is testing my patience:). When did you put in your order?

5Diii 35L, 50F1.2, 24-70L, 70-200F4L, 580 mark I, 24L, 100L Marco

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 11, 2009 00:51 |  #1079

xiaopoli wrote in post #8799176 (external link)
Me too. It is testing my patience:). When did you put in your order?

Hang in there. I suspect we'll hear something this week. In the meantime don't miss any good opportunities with what you have now.

Flickr (external link)

binlerne
870 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 11, 2009 01:03 |  #1080

K6AZ wrote in post #8799203 (external link)
Hang in there. I suspect we'll hear something this week. In the meantime don't miss any good opportunities with what you have now.

Sadly I have two brand new lenses and a used one on its way that will be waiting for the 7D to be put to good use. :confused:

Quick, everybody cancel their adorama pre-orders so I can move up the line!

My Website (external link)
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

150,620 views & 0 likes for this thread
7D pre-order thread
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.