Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 01 Sep 2009 (Tuesday) 08:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D pre-order thread

tetrode
I am a walking repository of thoroughly useless information
3,775 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 31, 2009 12:03 as a reply to  @ post 8924718 |  #1471

Well, today was the day the Bing! cashback from Tigerdirect 7D pre-order was supposed to be available. It isn't. The good(ish) news is that the cashback hasn't been cancelled. The less good news is that Tigerdirect (and Circuit City, I believe) have yet to ship any 7Ds. It's a bit worrisome that 7Ds are in pretty good supply just about everywhere EXCEPT Tigerdirect and CC.

Any other Tigerdirect/CC pre-orderers in the same situation? Any encouraging news from either vendor?

Dave F.

sponsored links
RiaGurl
Goldmember
1,857 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 31, 2009 13:13 |  #1472

just think on the bright side, you will have a newer build of the 7d, fwiw.

VictoRia:roll::D
Canon 20D,40D gripped,50D gripped,7D gripped
A flash for each^. 2x580EX II, 1x430EX II, 550EX
Bunch of glass.:)
Bunch of accessories.

overclock
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Oct 31, 2009 15:18 |  #1473

tetrode wrote in post #8930035 (external link)
Well, today was the day the Bing! cashback from Tigerdirect 7D pre-order was supposed to be available. It isn't. The good(ish) news is that the cashback hasn't been cancelled. The less good news is that Tigerdirect (and Circuit City, I believe) have yet to ship any 7Ds. It's a bit worrisome that 7Ds are in pretty good supply just about everywhere EXCEPT Tigerdirect and CC.

Any other Tigerdirect/CC pre-orderers in the same situation? Any encouraging news from either vendor?

Dave F.

I got an email from bing saying my cashback was available. I cashed out to my bank account since I've had problems with Bing and my PayPal account not syncing very well. I wonder if CC will ever ship the camera or should I cancel after the deposit is made.

tetrode
3,775 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 31, 2009 16:04 |  #1474

overclock wrote in post #8930795 (external link)
I got an email from bing saying my cashback was available. I cashed out to my bank account since I've had problems with Bing and my PayPal account not syncing very well. I wonder if CC will ever ship the camera or should I cancel after the deposit is made.

Lucky you! My Tigerdirect cashback is still pending even though it should have been available today.

I gave Tigerdirect a call today and was told their system shows a 7D shipment expected today, 10/31. That's consistent with what I was told almost a month ago. Of course, the CSR added that just because the cameras were expected today doesn't mean they were actually going to get them today and that further delays were possible. At this point, I think "likely" would have been the more appropriate word.

Dave F.

ProwlingTiger
461 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 31, 2009 17:31 |  #1475

May not be getting the 7D so soon on my end...can't seem to offload my 40D. Can't wait to get that HD video capability though :D

Canon born and raised, future Sony-convert?
Managing Editor in a village in the middle of nowhere.

tetrode
3,775 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 31, 2009 18:52 as a reply to  @ ProwlingTiger's post |  #1476

Well, I guess this rates at least a minor "WooHoo!": Bing! just confirmed my cashback for the phantom 7D from Tigerdirect. Weird situation, I'd say. You'd better believe I cashed out immediately.

So what happens now if Tigerdirect can't produce a 7D? What if I were to cancel the order? Would Tigerdirect (or Circuit City, for that matter) have any recourse should the order be cancelled?

Dave F.

RiaGurl
Goldmember
1,857 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 01, 2009 15:09 |  #1477

no i guess you keep the money. the thing is, if you got is elsewhere, you would end up paying the same as you would pay retail, and then already have bing cash. i guess you would only benefit if that's the proper way of putting it, if you don't get a 7D, and don't want one, which i guess isn't the case.

that, or, if you got a discount at another place.

VictoRia:roll::D
Canon 20D,40D gripped,50D gripped,7D gripped
A flash for each^. 2x580EX II, 1x430EX II, 550EX
Bunch of glass.:)
Bunch of accessories.

tetrode
3,775 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 01, 2009 16:11 |  #1478

RiaGurl wrote in post #8935718 (external link)
no i guess you keep the money. the thing is, if you got is elsewhere, you would end up paying the same as you would pay retail, and then already have bing cash. i guess you would only benefit if that's the proper way of putting it, if you don't get a 7D, and don't want one, which i guess isn't the case.

that, or, if you got a discount at another place.

Not really. If I bought the camera elsewhere and paid retail, I'd still have the $255 cashback in my account so I'd be ahead by that amount. After all, Tigerdirect was charging full retail when I pre-ordered from them. The way to double-dip, I guess, would be to order the 7D from another vendor that also offers Bing cashback.

In any case, Tigerdirect claimed they'd be shipping my camera this coming week. After waiting 60+ days thus far, another week won't kill me.

Dave F.

416bw
119 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Nov 01, 2009 17:13 |  #1479

Cancelled NewEgg order and went with Best Buy.

Got the camera pronto from them.

1DMkIII | 7D | XTi | G16 | 10-22mm | 17-55 2.8 IS | 70-200L f2.8 IS | 70-200L f2.8 IS MkII | 100-400L IS | 28-135 IS | Tamron 17-50 | 24-105L f4.0 |

tetrode
3,775 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 02, 2009 17:44 as a reply to  @ 416bw's post |  #1480

Here's an important tidbit for those of you who have pre-ordered from Tigerdirect or Circuit City and have already earned MS Bing cashback: It would appear that once cashback has been earned, you are free to cancel your order with a vendor who has not produced the item within the 60 day waiting period. As Tigerdirect now says they have no idea when they'll be getting 7Ds, I queried MS Bing support regarding my options at this point. Here's the response from Bing:

"Hello Dave,

Thank you for contacting Bing cashback Customer Support!
Thank you for bringing this error to our attention and we are sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Unfortunately we cannot cancel cashback once it has been earned. Please accept the cashback compliments of the merchnat and Bing cashback.

Thank you, Dave, for contacting Bing cashback Customer Support."

I'll give Tigerdirect a few more days before cancelling my 7D order and taking my business elsewhere.

Sooner or later, MS is going to realize that pre-orders should be excluded from cashback eligibility. I also pre-ordered a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II lens that is scheduled to be released the end of November. However, my $355 Bing cashback will mature on November 10! Theoretically, an unscrupulous individual could have placed multiple pre-orders for this lens, collected a huge cashback windfall, and then cancelled all of the pre-orders. I'm sure there are people abusing the system in this way.

Dave F.

Yamaha451
466 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 02, 2009 17:50 |  #1481

Well I just got my $255 from Bing last night, and I cancelled my order weeks ago! So i'm pretty sure you'll get your CB no matter what. Anybody else cancel and still get their CB like me?

In the end I got the 7d for $1294!!

-Mark-
5DII||35L|Sigma 85 1.4|24-105L| 580EX IIhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=765323

tetrode
3,775 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Nov 02, 2009 17:59 |  #1482

Yamaha451 wrote in post #8942917 (external link)
Well I just got my $255 from Bing last night, and I cancelled my order weeks ago! So i'm pretty sure you'll get your CB no matter what. Anybody else cancel and still get their CB like me?

In the end I got the 7d for $1294!!

It's the merchant's responsibility to notify Bing that a transaction has been cancelled by the purchaser. In your case, that seems not to have been done. I've had my cashback cancelled on several occasions when I've cancelled orders. I'd say you got lucky.

So where did you wind up getting your 7D?

Dave F.

speedline_fc
282 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Nov 02, 2009 18:48 |  #1483

tetrode wrote in post #8942885 (external link)
"Hello Dave,

Thank you for contacting Bing cashback Customer Support!
Thank you for bringing this error to our attention and we are sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Unfortunately we cannot cancel cashback once it has been earned. Please accept the cashback compliments of the merchnat and Bing cashback.

Thank you, Dave, for contacting Bing cashback Customer Support."

Thanks for that.. I had logged into my CB account Saturday morning and set up the bank transfer (didnt want the money going to Paypal, even though it was faster). I wasn't going to cancel with Ciruit City thinking they'd ship them this week. But since it appears to be confirmed that there is nothing that can/will be done since its beyond 60 days, then I'll just take it as a "Patience Fee".

Here's how my 7D cost worked out:

$1899, kit from Best Buy
-$190, 10% off at Best Buy
+$149.54, 8.75% sales tax
-$300, kit lens sold
-$255, Patience Fee

~$1,303.54.. had I avoided the sales tax, it would've been an even sweeter deal.. but I can't complain.

My Flickr (external link)
https://photography-on-the.net …php?p=9822373#p​ost9822373

jackies35
796 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 10, 2009 13:02 |  #1484

Man... I should have pre-order mine as well.... I am picking up my new iMac 27 inch today....

I guess since I don't have that much cash in the bank, I will charge the Canon EOS 7d to my credit card. I seen it on stock at Best Buy!

Darn! I missed all the hype!

Just a Christian passing by Event Photography.......
www.pictureme2.com (external link) & www.twitter.com/pictur​eme2 (external link)

Nikon D7000 18-105 mm f3.5/50 mm f/1.4
Rebel XT
/50mm f1.4/Sigma 17-70mm f2.8

sponsored links

150,572 views & 0 likes for this thread
7D pre-order thread
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.