Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 24 Sep 2009 (Thursday) 22:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Taking my camera into the ballpark?

mdm
Goldmember
1,783 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Sep 24, 2009 22:30 |  #1

I'm going to minute maid park in houston. the website said the lens should not exceed 4.5 inches. i want to take my 18-125 it extends out to 5-6 inches. if i leave closed will they try and check how far it extends or look at it and say looks ok? i just don't want to lug it back to the car. if the lens isn't extended it is under 4 inches.

ryant35
Goldmember
4,389 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined May 2007

Sep 24, 2009 22:38 |  #2

mdm wrote in post #8705170 (external link)
I'm going to minute maid park in houston. the website said the lens should not exceed 4.5 inches. i want to take my 18-125 it extends out to 5-6 inches. if i leave closed will they try and check how far it extends or look at it and say looks ok? i just don't want to lug it back to the car. if the lens isn't extended it is under 4 inches.

If you have another smaller lens, put it on the camera, and hide your 18-125 in the bottom of your camera bag under a divider and put something like your flash on top of it... if possible. That's how I got my 70-300 into games years ago.

5DMK4, 7DMK2, 24-104mm f/4 L, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS MK2, 17-40mm f/4, 100mm f/2.8 Macro, 35mm f/1.4,1.4X & 2X TC III 580EXII
www.ryantorresphotogra​phy.com (external link)Photography Facebook Fan Page (external link)
flickr (external link)

mdm
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,783 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Sep 24, 2009 22:42 |  #3

good idea, thanks.

scfan
253 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 24, 2009 22:50 |  #4

I took my 50D, 28-135, and 100-400 to Minute Maid Park a few months ago with no problems. I vaguely remember checking their website for camera restrictions and not finding any, now they have the lens length restriction, don't know how strictly they enforce it. (I do know that they really check lenses @ Toyota Center). There was a thread here a couple of weeks ago from someone who took in his large L lens and had no problems @ Minute Maid.

7D2, 50D , Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 100-400mm L II, Canon Speedlite 430EX II, Sigma 18-250

mdm
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,783 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Sep 25, 2009 07:20 |  #5

Real good, thanks.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,103 views & 0 likes for this thread
Taking my camera into the ballpark?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.