Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 30 Sep 2009 (Wednesday) 22:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F-Stop Tilopa Review

JohnJ80
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 06, 2010 14:38 |  #136

Matter of fact here's a video of snowboarding with the Loka

http://snowtographers.​com …ed/ian-millar-f-stop-gear (external link)

scroll down and watch it.

J.

Obsessive Gear List
"It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that isn't so." - Mark Twain

sponsored links
Wummy
490 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 30, 2010 03:53 |  #137

Hi All - I have to post my experience purchasing from F-Stop directly..

I made a purchase for their new Medium ICU on October 7th, 2010. I recieved the order acknowledgement and the staff wrote me indicating that they are out of stock and should have it by late October. I notified them and advised I'm going on a trip on November 17th and they assured me I should have it by then. So I waited.

on October 29th, I received an email from Druid saying shipment was delayed due to some custom issues. and it will take 2 more weeks. He offered that if I have a trip coming up, contact them to work something out. I did, called left voicemail and emailed.. No response.

Finally on November 29th; I got another updated email from Druid saying they expect to get the Custom release next week (December 6th onwards) and can ship shortly after. He then offered an option to pay $60 and they will ship it DHL. But guess what I'm half way around the world in Asia right now w/ my Tilopa but no ICU....

so Basically I placed order on Oct 7th, and it takes 2.5 months to receive. Close to 12-13 weeks lead time on a simple ICU order.. this is just horrible service.

Gear List
http://ishot.ca (external link)

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 30, 2010 08:24 |  #138

Where are you in Asia? Maybe i can help you out.

Not familiar with your situation so can't comment on it. But as far as stock goes, there is very little we can do about not having stock.

As far CS goes, our CS fellow was in Patagonia for a month in that time you speak of and our CS has not been spectacular. Druid has also been in Austarlia, Holland and Spain expanding out distribution in the same time. While I have have been in Asia and still am... So maybe I have a sample around I can get you?

some things slip though the cracks... the last two months has not been perfect.

ian@fstopgear.com (external link)... please email.

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 30, 2010 08:34 |  #139

Should also add I only have 9 more days here (today being the so 30th) if I can help contact me soon. And very nice portfolio!

-Ian

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

Wummy
490 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 30, 2010 09:17 |  #140

Ian - I am by no means demeaning Druid; it makes more sense to me now knowing that he was travelling while I sent the vm to him. But him telling me today that I can just go ahead and cancel the order and then we'll have no more issues is not what I'd like to hear.

I love my Tilopa and an avid F-Stop fan; but using clothes and cut out cardboards as cushion in it is not what I prefer.

I have forwarded entire chain of email for your review.

I'm in HK on an assignment right now, will be here for another 24 days....

Gear List

Wummy
490 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 30, 2010 09:29 |  #141

PS: - I know my order isn't huge dollar order.. but I know I've been very patience w/ the entire purchase and was understanding w/ the custom/import delays. but asking to go away by offering cancellation of my order after I waited 8 weeks isn't something anyone would like to hear. don't you agree?

Gear List

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 30, 2010 09:50 |  #142

Wummy wrote in post #11369552 (external link)
Ian - I am by no means demeaning Druid; it makes more sense to me now knowing that he was travelling while I sent the vm to him. But him telling me today that I can just go ahead and cancel the order and then we'll have no more issues is not what I'd like to hear.

I love my Tilopa and an avid F-Stop fan; but using clothes and cut out cardboards as cushion in it is not what I prefer.

I have forwarded entire chain of email for your review.

I'm in HK on an assignment right now, will be here for another 24 days....

Thats good news, I mean the HK bit, I'm just a few hours away.

The Dru bit... I'd fire him but he is the reason we exist... not mention my boss, the owner etc.... he is a real cranky pants at times... and the cancel your order bit, kinda make me laugh, because I know he only slept 2 hours last night... and know how he is after those work nights... in all honestly, the hours he puts in are well beyond normal. This has great effect on his ChippernesS.

Anyway regardless of the email history(have not read it yet)... I will see what I can do and get it too you shortly... may take a day to track it down.

I'll also add, when were at a point when we can (financially) afford to give better service and work normal hours... we will! Really looking forward to that day.

Wummy
490 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 30, 2010 20:00 |  #143

Thanks for all the help F-Stop Crew.. still love your product and will continue to be your customer!

Gear List

j9sy
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 30, 2011 02:57 |  #144

this is going to sound really funny, but i'm only 5'0 ft. a really tiny asian girl. haha. how do you think this pack will fit on me? a bit too big?

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 30, 2011 09:38 |  #145

Hi j9sy, The Tilopa will be too big for you, I would suspect most bags will be, I base this on the number of emails I get from smaller woman struggling to find a good bag to fit there smaller size.

JohnJ80
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 30, 2011 10:51 |  #146

Ian, don't you have some smaller packs like the Loka or the new one you just came out with?

J

Obsessive Gear List
"It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that isn't so." - Mark Twain

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 30, 2011 11:23 |  #147

Hi John,

The Loka and most packs out there built for the more dominating male photographer will have the same harness sizing or very close to a Tilopa. Bags that are shorter on vertical height will stand a better chance of fitting a small person but 5'0 is very petit. Also the shorter bags generally do not pack what a larger bag will. Which is a pain for female photographers. Gear(lens/bodies) are the same size weather male or female so the usual backpack sizing reduction for females gets thrown out the window.

In general POTN prefers we do not use the boards for PR or CS directly related to F-Stop. Which I can and will respect.

Hopefully this OK as it is just general info I have learn along the way from talking with woman looking for bags.

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Apr 30, 2011 15:38 |  #148

And we appreciate Ian's willingness to cooperate with POTN's rules.

It'd be nice if photo backpacks clearly listed (as regular backpacks from major vendors do) the torso size range the pack would be suitable for.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

sponsored links

41,819 views & 0 likes for this thread
F-Stop Tilopa Review
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.