Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 30 Sep 2009 (Wednesday) 22:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F-Stop Tilopa Review

JohnJ80
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 01, 2009 21:01 |  #46

Here's my one complaint - the dividers.

For some unexplainable reason, the dividers only have the soft velcro compatible material on ONE side. The other side is smooth nylon. That means that you can only attach other dividers the one side and not the other making it difficult to configure the bag other than as it was sent.

I'm going to buy this divider set from Kata:

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …odi_Vers_Kit_Di​vider.html (external link)

Then I can fix this problem. I don't know why they didn't do this in the first place. Otherwise, the dividers are first rate.

J.

Obsessive Gear List
"It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that isn't so." - Mark Twain

sponsored links
twe90kid
124 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 08, 2009 00:46 |  #47

man, it's too bad they dont' have the white one anymore. i would have ordered.

i would love to use this bag as a daily school pack and a camera bag when i need to. looks awesome, but i only like the white color. DARN

argyle
Cream of the Crop
8,187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Nov 08, 2009 10:03 as a reply to  @ twe90kid's post |  #48

Damn...wish I didn't come across this thread. :lol:

I've been using the Lowepro Rover AW II and the Dryzone Rover for the past several years and have been satisfied. Each of these packs lets me store my camera gear in the lower compartment and has a roomy upper compartment for miscellaneous gear (filters, hoods, toolkit, food/snacks, with room for a fleece pullover and a Goretex rainsuit). Does this F-stop bag have sufficient room for these additional items? Can't really tell from the pics or from the website...if so, I may consider giving one a try.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

GEAR LIST

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 27, 2009 23:07 |  #49

JohnJ80 wrote in post #8779003 (external link)
It's bright but it looks a lot more like a regular backpack and not a camera pack.

j.

John, once you put a tripod on it, the jig is up! ;)

keitaro
605 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 01, 2010 23:00 |  #50

JohnJ80 wrote in post #8937651 (external link)
Here's my one complaint - the dividers.

For some unexplainable reason, the dividers only have the soft velcro compatible material on ONE side. The other side is smooth nylon. That means that you can only attach other dividers the one side and not the other making it difficult to configure the bag other than as it was sent.

I'm going to buy this divider set from Kata:

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …odi_Vers_Kit_Di​vider.html (external link)

Then I can fix this problem. I don't know why they didn't do this in the first place. Otherwise, the dividers are first rate.

J.

How did that divider set work out for you?

My flickr (external link)
My Gear

rupek
126 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 02, 2010 03:40 |  #51

Are these bags available in the uk? Looks like the solution i am after for my hiking trips.

I have looked on their website and i cant seem to find a link.

Scott
Sony A7 || Sony 28-70 || Konica Hexanon 50mm 1.4 || Konica Hexanon 135mm 3.2

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 02, 2010 04:38 |  #52

Hi Rupek... I am guessing I just answered your email... but for the knowledge of the board shipping is free from the US and shipped via USPS which generally takes up to 10 days internationally.

We do not have any dealers in the UK just yet.

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 02, 2010 06:35 |  #53

Also to address our dividers single sided issues. We will be offering a double sided replacement set to customers at the cost of shipping. That should be around June.

Thanks

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

JohnJ80
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 02, 2010 07:40 |  #54

keitaro wrote in post #9917446 (external link)
How did that divider set work out for you?

ok.

I'll also take up Ian on his offer above.

j.

Obsessive Gear List
"It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that isn't so." - Mark Twain

rupek
126 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 02, 2010 07:44 |  #55

Fstop-Ian wrote in post #9918369 (external link)
Hi Rupek... I am guessing I just answered your email... but for the knowledge of the board shipping is free from the US and shipped via USPS which generally takes up to 10 days internationally.

Yes it was my email, i saw a post that said you would reply to an email quicker.Thanks for the prompt reply.

Scott
Sony A7 || Sony 28-70 || Konica Hexanon 50mm 1.4 || Konica Hexanon 135mm 3.2

keitaro
605 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 02, 2010 19:42 |  #56

Fstop-Ian wrote in post #9918369 (external link)

only 10 days internationally? wow.. i can't wait until my bag gets here. i going add another 7 days for customs....

My Gear

Wummy
490 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 05, 2010 13:38 |  #57

I got an email from f-Stop team as well, I am loving the service so far.

I'm thinking to order their new small ICU to work w/ my Tilopa....

Ian would you happen to know what small ICU would fit or do you have picture of it? I know the dimension is: Small ICU – 7.5” Deep x 11” Wide x 7” Tall

i measured it out; i dont know if it'll fit a 1D3 w/ 17-40 attached, siggy 50 f1.4, 85 f1.8 and a 430EX II? I might need a Medium. hmmmm.

Gear List
http://ishot.ca (external link)

jklewer
Goldmember
1,292 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 05, 2010 13:52 |  #58

I too am interested in a smaller ICU so as to gain as much room for extra gear as possible on trips. I feel like the ICUs are just shaped a little... funny. My stuff doesn't fit in there that good. The bottom of the ICU is tapered a bit cutting off room. I end up having little dead spaces in the corners and such.

Gear

keitaro
605 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 05, 2010 15:55 |  #59

Wummy wrote in post #9937418 (external link)
I got an email from f-Stop team as well, I am loving the service so far.

I've been thinking about purchasing the Tilopa for quite some time. I think since last summer. I've emailed them numerous times. I think Ian has answered my emails as well. Email replies are always prompt and friendly. Great customer service from F-stop.

According to my sales order, I think I got a free strap!

These guys even work over stat holidays! I think my order was completed over the Easter Weekend!

Can't wait until my bag gets here!

My Gear

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 06, 2010 01:55 |  #60

:) Thank you for the kind words.

The fact is Dru (at HQ in St.Louis) never sleeps or take a day off. I am starting to wonder if he is actually a robot. His skin is startling pale so it is possible.

As for the ICU. I can't give out to many details just yet but pretty much every concern we have ever read online, heard from our team members or just my personal peeves is being addressed to make the product work better.

We are just waiting on a few things and then I will be able to spill some more details on sizes, shapes, colors, etc...

sponsored links

41,818 views & 0 likes for this thread
F-Stop Tilopa Review
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.