Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 01 Oct 2009 (Thursday) 14:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Biggest Softbox for D-Lite mount ?

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,427 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Oct 02, 2009 07:45 |  #16

Randy, it also helps the rest of the group if you share your thoughts and feelings :) Seriously... it does help the other Dlite users to know what modifiers people are using and potential problems with them.

no worries mate- just go shoot some more Lexi pix :D

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

shooterman
village idiot, actually a genius!
1,295 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 02, 2009 08:31 |  #17

hawk911 wrote in post #8746407 (external link)
Randy, it also helps the rest of the group if you share your thoughts and feelings :) Seriously... it does help the other Dlite users to know what modifiers people are using and potential problems with them.

no worries mate- just go shoot some more Lexi pix :D

Don't get me started dang you! :D The D-Lites just plain suck when it comes to build quality. Great light quailty but s*@ty build quality. I'm sure I told you in our emails, but a few weeks ago I was sitting on the ground and had the D-Lite slip out of my hand and it fell no more than a foot from my hand to the ground. It landed on the handle and busted the handle in 2 pieces and snapped it off the housing. I still haven't found one piece of the handle. ;) Oh and it jarred the modeling light circuitry loose somehow also. Modeling light no longer works and the bulb is good. :rolleyes: Probably a crappy cold solder joint let loose. If it had fallen from 6ft I'd think no biggie, my fault, but 1ft and thats being generous, come on. I could never recommend D-Lites to anyone ever again. BX's and better, sure I'd recommend them, but the D-Lites? No way Jose. OK I'm done. :p

Randy
| Canon 5D Classic | Canon 30D | Canon EF 40mm F2.8 | Canon 70-200 L F4 | Tamron XR DiII SP 17-50 F2.8 | Elinchrom D-Lites | Calumet Genesis 200 | Elinchrom EL Skyports | 27" 5K iMac |

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,427 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Oct 02, 2009 08:57 |  #18

and we know why you dropped the light so let's not start discussing your judgement when she was nekkid in front of you :)

But I do agree- the Dlite is not a robust housing. I can't afford BXs so I'll have to deal with my drappy Dlite build. BTW- I take a D4 with me on location and have yet to break the damn thing. One of my modeling lights separated the glass from the metal mount on the bulb, but no damage yet to the actual light. nowquitcherbitchin :)

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

shooterman
village idiot, actually a genius!
1,295 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 02, 2009 09:26 |  #19

hawk911 wrote in post #8746712 (external link)
and we know why you dropped the light so let's not start discussing your judgement when she was nekkid in front of you :)

But I do agree- the Dlite is not a robust housing. I can't afford BXs so I'll have to deal with my drappy Dlite build. BTW- I take a D4 with me on location and have yet to break the damn thing. One of my modeling lights separated the glass from the metal mount on the bulb, but no damage yet to the actual light. nowquitcherbitchin :)

LOL, I wish she would have been nekkid in front of me when I dropped it. At least I would have been able to laugh about it at the time. :D

Randy
| Canon 5D Classic | Canon 30D | Canon EF 40mm F2.8 | Canon 70-200 L F4 | Tamron XR DiII SP 17-50 F2.8 | Elinchrom D-Lites | Calumet Genesis 200 | Elinchrom EL Skyports | 27" 5K iMac |

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7,149 views & 0 likes for this thread
Biggest Softbox for D-Lite mount ?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.