Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 02 Oct 2009 (Friday) 03:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bag - lowepro rover plus aw, need help,airline carry on.

simak
114 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 02, 2009 03:40 |  #1

So, i has lowepro rover plus aw bag.
Can i take it to the plane?
Maybe there is somebody who did it already...
I try to search the site of lowerpro, but there is information only about Rover AW (external link) (and it is airline carry on(according to the site)), and nothing about Rover plus aw. :(((.
I want to take this bag, but it will be very sad if in the last moment the airport personnel will says to me, that i cant take this bag into the plane(i mean in the cabin with me, do not know how to said it in english)...
:(

Sorry for bad english.
I photograph from february 2008
Gear list | my flickr (external link) | simashin flickr tools (external link)

sponsored links
CMcKee
38 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 02, 2009 16:21 |  #2

I can't find any size information on the 'rover plus aw'. However, if you load your bag up with what you want to take and then measure it that should give you an idea. Most international airlines follow the, length + width + height = 115cm (45"). If your bag comes in at or under you should be in the clear for size, but check the rules for the airline and planes (small planes can't fit the larger carry on's and so you have to gate check them) they have put you on just in case. I have only been asked to weigh my hand luggage once, but it's always a good idea to check that they don't have a restrictions on hand luggage weight and follow through on it.

Some research should get you your answer.

Good luck!
Christine

argyle
Cream of the Crop
8,187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Oct 02, 2009 16:28 as a reply to  @ CMcKee's post |  #3

The Rover Plus has been discontinued...sorry I can't help. I have the Rover AW and the Dryzone Rover...the Plus version was slightly larger than the current Rover AW, but not by much IIRC.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

GEAR LIST

buddy4344
Goldmember
1,536 posts
Gallery: 400 photos
Best ofs: 14
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 02, 2009 17:28 |  #4

airlines publish carry on and weight limits. That said, I took a Lowepro PhotoTrekker (big bag) with 40 pounds of weight on my last trip to africa. Your real problem will be plane type. If you are flying a regional jet, you will have to gate check if it doesn't fit under seat. If you are on a full size jet (737 or bigger) you will probably be okay.

here is a list of restrictions for most airlines. (external link)

Buddy4344

Gear: Canon 1Dx MkII, 7D MkII, Canon Lenses: 100 macro, 100-400 Ver.IIL IS, 24-105L IS, Canon 17-40, Canon 1.4x TCon, Rokinon 14mm. Kenko extension tubes, Kenko 1.4x pro TCon.and Kiboko 30L and 22L+

simak
THREAD ­ STARTER
114 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 03, 2009 13:28 as a reply to  @ buddy4344's post |  #5

Thanks for answers friends.
The size of lowepro rover plus aw is very close to most airlines limits and somewhere it is above it, so it is dangerous to risk.I just have not much info about airplane and airline on witch i will fly(it is russia, in our country nothing can be good). That is why i asked for advise or maybe somebody flew with this bag already...
I decided to take my usual bag, that much smaller... Decided not to take sigma 150-500(i think it will have no use in egypt), so all photo stuff that i want to take fit in this smaller bag.
Do not want to risk... It is my first international flight. Just need some more practice ;).
And need to buy some medium bag, between rover plus aw and a small bag.

Sorry for bad english.

buddy4344
Goldmember
1,536 posts
Gallery: 400 photos
Best ofs: 14
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 03, 2009 14:51 |  #6

Good luck on your trip to Egypt. We expect you to upload some of your shots from the trip.

Buddy4344

Gear: Canon 1Dx MkII, 7D MkII, Canon Lenses: 100 macro, 100-400 Ver.IIL IS, 24-105L IS, Canon 17-40, Canon 1.4x TCon, Rokinon 14mm. Kenko extension tubes, Kenko 1.4x pro TCon.and Kiboko 30L and 22L+

simak
THREAD ­ STARTER
114 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 03, 2009 16:32 |  #7

buddy4344 wrote in post #8753940 (external link)
Good luck on your trip to Egypt. We expect you to upload some of your shots from the trip.

Thanks. I will upload all shots on my flickr.
I think i mostly will try to shoot underwater. I bought ewa marine uaxp100 housing, want to try it. So no pyramids will be there or other ancient thing... just wanna to swim in red sea and to lie on the sun...
P.S. "great" company - lowepro, did not answer me anything about rover plus aw!!! i wrote 3 letters(email) there in last week and there is no answer :evil:, i just wanna know - why there is no description about this bag on their site, and if it was there earlier has it airplane icon or not... Next time i think i`d better to buy something from think tank bags (external link). Or better say that i will buy next bag, and it will be no lowepro. :D

Sorry for bad english.

argyle
Cream of the Crop
8,187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Oct 04, 2009 06:57 |  #8

simak wrote in post #8754455 (external link)
Thanks. I will upload all shots on my flickr.
I think i mostly will try to shoot underwater. I bought ewa marine uaxp100 housing, want to try it. So no pyramids will be there or other ancient thing... just wanna to swim in red sea and to lie on the sun...
P.S. "great" company - lowepro, did not answer me anything about rover plus aw!!! i wrote 3 letters(email) there in last week and there is no answer :evil:, i just wanna know - why there is no description about this bag on their site, and if it was there earlier has it airplane icon or not... Next time i think i`d better to buy something from think tank bags (external link). Or better say that i will buy next bag, and it will be no lowepro. :D

Because it has been discontinued for a while now...

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

GEAR LIST

Faraway
20 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 04, 2009 07:20 as a reply to  @ argyle's post |  #9

Does this help?

LOWEPRO Rover Plus AW - The perfect combo for photo gear and notebook computers just got better. Perfect for location photographers or photojournalist, it has extra room for large prof essional SLR camera and still meets airline carry-on requirements. Carefully designed to withstand all the use and abuse you can give it, this pack’s reinforced construction, shock-absorbing, closed-cell foam and water resistant materials provide the highest level of protection. The comfortable padded shoulder harness and removable waistbelt provide a comfortable fit for hours on end. The interior is fully customizable and includes removable padded dividers, removable accessory pouches and see-through laminated mesh pockets so you can quickly see what’s stored inside. A padded rear compartment with water-resistant zipper protects your notebook and provides access even while wearing the pack. Additional features include a built-in memory card pocket, our patented All Weather Cover™, SlipLock™ attachment loops made from Hypalon®, built-in tripod holder, and Batwing™ compression straps for maximum stability. Capacity: Notebook computer (up to 17" screen); Pro digital SLR; 35 mm or compact medium format system, 4-5 lenses (up to 400mm f/2.8); flash and accessories Size(Interior): 13W X 5.3D X 18.9H in./ 33 X 13.5 X 48 cm Size(Exterior): 14W X 9.1D X 19.8H in./ 35.6 X 23.1 X 50.2 cm Notebook Compartment Inner Dimensions: 11.6W X 1.9D X 18.7H in./ 29.5 X 4.75 X 47.5 cm Outer fabric: 600D TXP™ Weight: 6.06lbs/2.75kg

From http://www.twenga.co.u​k …-Camera-backpack-434939-0 (external link)

Canon 50D, Canon 70-200mm f4.0L, Canon 100mm f2.8 macro, Canon 17-85mm IS USM, Canon 2x extender, Gitzo 1541T, Gitzo G1178M ballhead

simak
THREAD ­ STARTER
114 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 15, 2009 01:46 |  #10

it is just description, but nothing about airline.
Just came home yesterday, went with smaller bag...
Lowepro answered me (saw the email) - they said that rover plus aw is airline carry on and you can take it with you on plane, but it was late for me.

Sorry for bad english.

sponsored links

3,491 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bag - lowepro rover plus aw, need help,airline carry on.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.