Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 02 Oct 2009 (Friday) 21:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Can someone post some 7D High ISO MRAW/SRAW images

BigBlueDodge
Goldmember
3,726 posts
Joined May 2005

Oct 02, 2009 21:54 |  #1

I've seen full resolution JPG images, but I am interested in seeing some Medium/Small RAW images compared to Full RAW images. With those lucky enough to have a 7D in hand, can you post up these other images sizes?

David (aka BigBlueDodge)
Gear

sponsored links
Juan ­ Zas
Goldmember
1,511 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 03, 2009 04:13 |  #2

Hi David,

Just recent posted at DPR (external link) some photos taken at ISO 100, 1600 & 3200, comparing RAW vs mRAW (in JPEG) .... you can download the files at:

http://rs363.rapidshar​e.com …7648454/ISO_TES​T_JPEG.rar (external link)

Look by yourself the difference ...

Cheers

Cheers
Juan

BigBlueDodge
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,726 posts
Joined May 2005

Oct 03, 2009 12:28 |  #3

than you Juan. I'll have a look.

David (aka BigBlueDodge)
Gear

windpig
Chopped liver
15,679 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 03, 2009 15:52 |  #4

BigBlueDodge wrote in post #8751004 (external link)
I've seen full resolution JPG images, but I am interested in seeing some Medium/Small RAW images compared to Full RAW images. With those lucky enough to have a 7D in hand, can you post up these other images sizes?

As I write this I am batch proccessing a comp between 40D an 7D. I shot ISO 100-3200 (only up to 1600 in the 40D). I shot 7D in L and M RAW and 40D in L only. I am saving in best compressed JPG and 8 bit TIF, I'm not sure if many people will be able to open the 7D RAW files without the new DPP.

All are straight out of the camera with only WB adjustment.

Shots were taken with flash, one shot under exposed by one stop, then exposed correctly.

Ralph

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

windpig
Chopped liver
15,679 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 03, 2009 16:01 |  #5

Also, the only noise reduction is in the 7D pics, that was set to LOW, I failed to see where it could be DISABLED.

flickr (external link)

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
40,176 posts
Gallery: 116 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Oct 03, 2009 16:02 |  #6

windpig wrote in post #8754283 (external link)
Also, the only noise reduction is in the 7D pics, that was set to LOW, I failed to see where it could be DISABLED.

It is the 4th option in the high iso noise reduction menu.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
"Man only has 5 senses, and sometimes not even that, so if they define the world, the universe, the dimensions of existence, and spirituality with just these limited senses, their view of what-is and what-can-be is very myopic indeed and they are doomed, now and forever."

BigBlueDodge
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,726 posts
Joined May 2005

Oct 03, 2009 16:06 |  #7

IF NR was turned on in your 7D, then my advice is to do the test over again. You can't realistically compare at 40D to a 7D with NR turned on. The 7D has 2 Digic 4 chips, which means that is has alot of processing power to perform NR while 40D only has a single Digic 3 chip. While I appreciate your effort to perform a test, the fact that the 40D had NR off and 7D had it on means that the test is invalid from the start.

David (aka BigBlueDodge)
Gear

windpig
Chopped liver
15,679 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 03, 2009 16:21 |  #8

BigBlueDodge wrote in post #8754303 (external link)
IF NR was turned on in your 7D, then my advice is to do the test over again. You can't realistically compare at 40D to a 7D with NR turned on. The 7D has 2 Digic 4 chips, which means that is has alot of processing power to perform NR while 40D only has a single Digic 3 chip. While I appreciate your effort to perform a test, the fact that the 40D had NR off and 7D had it on means that the test is invalid from the start.

I've started down that path. I'm attaching one of the pics so that I can get input on what should be added or subtracted. Input is appreciated.

Thanks
Ralph

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

flickr (external link)

sponsored links

4,140 views & 0 likes for this thread
Can someone post some 7D High ISO MRAW/SRAW images
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.