Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 05 Oct 2009 (Monday) 22:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Amazon deal on BP511A. $9.95 each!!!

HelenOster
That's me!
4,506 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 14, 2009 16:42 |  #136

PicSniper wrote in post #8822541 (external link)
This again? Why? Because you or someone else says they should? What gives anyone the right to make a statement like this? It is THEIR business and it is THEIR religious belief. Anyone that chooses to do business with them needs to understand the rules of THEIR game and play the game accordingly. If not, you can also choose not to do business there. If you do, however, choose to do business with them, understand that you will have to wait because of their religious beliefs.

What the heck is so difficult to understand about this?

I thought it was irony?

sponsored links
PicSniper
Goldmember
1,017 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 14, 2009 16:51 |  #137

HelenOster wrote in post #8822613 (external link)
I thought it was irony?

You know, Helen, I'm just so tired of reading this type of thing that it finally made me jump on the keyboard and add my $0.02. I didn't see a winky icon after it, so I read it (rather quickly) as a factual post. After a thorough reading, though, it does look like sarcasm is at play here. My apologies to the poster I quoted, but my post still stands for those who don't get the whole religious belief thing. It's such an easy thing to understand, yet some people refuse to "get it".

Hello, my name is Victor.
My Gear List

Celtic ­ Tiger
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 14, 2009 16:56 as a reply to  @ post 8822224 |  #138

With Helen's explanation earlier today, I am satisfied with Adorama's role here and the fact that I can be made whole. I do hate shipping though (I know...don't like to ship...don't buy online) So I'm cool with Adorama. I do have a final comment though:

Posters trying to make it seem as if those who ordered sought to take advantage of the retailer...have you never heard of a retailer selling at a loss to generate future profitable sales? Happens all the time in the retail industry. I even speculated back on an early page of this thread that it might be a "gimmick" to expand customer spam list. To those posters I would ask...what discount should we avoid because we should have known better? 10%? 50%? 80%? I'll check back with you guys before the next sale.;)

flickr (external link)

gixxer
Goldmember
2,035 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 15, 2009 00:17 |  #139

Thanks for your posts Helen and clearing everything up I do see now how Adorma didn't know anything about the mix up. I still think e-mails should have been sent out to those who placed the order like run53 said, what about the people who ordered the batteries that don't even get on this forum they won't know of the mistake until they receive their generic batteries.
Since you said you have had this kind of thing happen before with Amazon has Adorama thought about not selling with Amazon as it could eventually hurt your future bussiness? But like I said thanks for explaining, and I will still order from Adorama and still consider you a reputable dealer.

Daniel
flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |ImageCarolina.net (external link)

Nathan
So boring
7,736 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 15, 2009 00:48 |  #140

I only skimmed through this thread, but I'd have to say I side with Adorama on this one. Actually, I think Amazon should take some blame for this, though I'm not sure what the "right" solution is.

The consumers: There's no real way to determine who is a good faith buyer versus someone who saw an opportunity and took advantage of it. There's a case to be made where someone bought only one or two batteries for himself versus a person who purchased 25. However, that's not completely sound and is not proof positive.

Adorama: Adorama seemingly was not at fault for this mistake, yet is bearing the cost of refunding shipment return labels. That's above and beyond customer service, in my book.

Amazon: Seemingly the true culprit. If anything, Amazon should bear the cost of making Adorama whole by paying for the additional incurred costs that Adorama is paying. As for making consumers whole, I don't know what Amazon can do to be fair.

Amazon could fill the orders themselves from their own warehouses/stock and take the hit of any losses due to their mistake. But then, the consumers who took advantage of the system receive a windfall that doesn't settle well with me. To me, it's almost like receiving stolen goods. If the price is too good to be true, then something must be up. Take advantage of the system and you've committed some wrong yourself.

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 35 L | 50L | 85L II | 135L | 580 EX II x2

CosmoKid
Goldmember
4,235 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 15, 2009 07:58 |  #141

PicSniper wrote in post #8822657 (external link)
You know, Helen, I'm just so tired of reading this type of thing that it finally made me jump on the keyboard and add my $0.02. I didn't see a winky icon after it, so I read it (rather quickly) as a factual post. After a thorough reading, though, it does look like sarcasm is at play here. My apologies to the poster I quoted, but my post still stands for those who don't get the whole religious belief thing. It's such an easy thing to understand, yet some people refuse to "get it".

my fault. i should have used [Sarcasm] tags. i thought it was quite obvious.

Joe- 2 bodies, L 2.8 zoom trilogy and a couple of primes
iRocktheShot.com (external link) - Portfolio (external link)

Gear/Feedback
Facebook "Fan" Page (external link) -

mikejet
THREAD ­ STARTER
573 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 15, 2009 08:39 as a reply to  @ CosmoKid's post |  #142

Amazon fulfilled my A-Z claim? Interesting. I haven't sent the merchandise back yet.

I've rec'd a full refund already for the cost of items plus shipping.

Gear: S95 - Canon 50D - Canon 50mm 1.4 - BG-E2N Grip - R4 Rstrap - 200DG
molitrato.com (external link)
My flickr! (external link)
My feedback!

Celtic ­ Tiger
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 15, 2009 10:26 |  #143

Celtic Tiger wrote in post #8822696 (external link)
With Helen's explanation earlier today, I am satisfied with Adorama's role here and the fact that I can be made whole. I do hate shipping though (I know...don't like to ship...don't buy online) So I'm cool with Adorama. I do have a final comment though:

Posters trying to make it seem as if those who ordered sought to take advantage of the retailer...have you never heard of a retailer selling at a loss to generate future profitable sales? Happens all the time in the retail industry. I even speculated back on an early page of this thread that it might be a "gimmick" to expand customer spam list. To those posters I would ask...what discount should we avoid because we should have known better? 10%? 50%? 80%? I'll check back with you guys before the next sale.;)

As if on cue...

"I thought some of you might be interested in this 60% off sale on white vinyl at Denny mfg. Some great prices!"

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=767127

flickr (external link)

anamori
Mostly Lurking
18 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 15, 2009 17:27 as a reply to  @ Celtic Tiger's post |  #144

It always makes me wonder about online forums when a decent thread like the title of this one ends up being a religious / political / etc / argument...kinda depressing.

CosmoKid
Goldmember
4,235 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 16, 2009 06:40 |  #145

anamori wrote in post #8829637 (external link)
It always makes me wonder about online forums when a decent thread like the title of this one ends up being a religious / political / etc / argument...kinda depressing.
IMG NOTICE: [NOT AN IMAGE URL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]

it didn't.

Joe- 2 bodies, L 2.8 zoom trilogy and a couple of primes
iRocktheShot.com (external link) - Portfolio (external link)

Gear/Feedback
Facebook "Fan" Page (external link) -

mikejet
THREAD ­ STARTER
573 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 16, 2009 08:20 |  #146

anamori wrote in post #8829637 (external link)
IMG NOTICE: [NOT AN IMAGE URL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]

Did you read this whole thread?

Gear: S95 - Canon 50D - Canon 50mm 1.4 - BG-E2N Grip - R4 Rstrap - 200DG
molitrato.com (external link)
My flickr! (external link)
My feedback!

sponsored links

8,203 views & 0 likes for this thread
Amazon deal on BP511A. $9.95 each!!!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.