Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 05 Oct 2009 (Monday) 22:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Amazon deal on BP511A. $9.95 each!!!

tnguyen600
Goldmember
1,478 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 11, 2009 21:53 |  #76

Anyone that ordered the batteries should be receiving the actually oem batteries and not the generic ones.

I looked at the manufacture number on Amazon's website, where we saw the listing for $9.99 and it was listed as "9200A001AA"

That's the actually part number for the oem battery. Then I searche the flashpoint brand battery's manufacture number and it was different, ADBP511A.

So...we all should be getting the real stuff.

Gear List
www.tvnphotography.com

sponsored links
Jpiano
Goldmember
1,324 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 11, 2009 21:53 |  #77

I just checked my Invoice that was attached to the shipping info and the the SKU: VDBPLBP511 matches the adorama batteries. They should not be able to send replacements when i bought the canon brand through adorama on Amazon. This is technically sending the WRONG item. I wish they would have told me before sending the generics.

Piano:DMan
Flickr (external link)

Snow001
328 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 11, 2009 21:59 |  #78

I agree. Just checked mine also.These are the generics which regularly sell for $20
Anyone out there used these? Keepers or should I return them

Adorama Lithium-Ion Camcorder Battery, Replacement for the Canon BP-511/ BP-511A & BP-512 / BP-514 , 7.4v
$19.95
Mfr. Part: ADBP511A SKU: VDBPLBP511
Adorama Lithium-Ion Camcorder Battery, Replacement for the Canon BP-511/ BP-511A & B

tnguyen600
Goldmember
1,478 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 11, 2009 22:05 |  #79

wtf. I just saw the pdf. mofos.

On Amazon's website, they listed the battery with the manufacture number matching the original batteries...

Gear List
www.tvnphotography.com

Snow001
328 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 11, 2009 22:11 |  #80

I guess one can either return them or keep them. At $10 each though the price is not bad, only question is are they worth it....I usually order from Sterlingtek for my other cameras and there's no question about their batteries, however I do not know how Adorama batteries compare to Sterlingtek brands. ..In the end they might come from the same manufacturer in China :)

We'll see if anyone out there has any experience with the Adorama brand.

illusions
313 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Oct 11, 2009 22:12 |  #81

Mine says : ADOR/CANON BP511/512 LI-ION BATTERY PK :(

6D l 35L l 85L l 100L l 135L l 24-70L l 70-200 F/4 IS l 70-200 2.8 II l 15MM FE

tnguyen600
Goldmember
1,478 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 11, 2009 22:14 |  #82

I'm going to see if I can get Adorama to send oem ones or have Amazon credit me something...If you click on your order on the Amazon site, it clearly indicates the manufacture number being 9200A001 which was what I was expecting...not ADBP511A which is Adorama's manufacture number.

Gear List
www.tvnphotography.com

dtsang
253 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Oct 11, 2009 22:50 |  #83

i got the same email, i'm a little annoyed. who should we contact at amazon about this?

onurrus
637 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 12, 2009 02:53 |  #84

they are sending me exactly "Canon BP511A 1390mAh Lithium Ion Battery Pack for Select Digital Cameras and Camcorders " I think there is no problem with that,I ordered only too.maybe that makes difference..

gixxer
Goldmember
2,035 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 12, 2009 05:44 |  #85

Well that sucks, I didn't really "need" the two batteries I ordered but I thought at 10 bucks I would. I've not had good experience with aftermarket batteries and did not want to order aftermarket ones :evil:

Daniel
flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |ImageCarolina.net (external link)

gixxer
Goldmember
2,035 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 12, 2009 05:46 |  #86

Isn't there an Adorama rep on the forum maybe they could chime in??

Daniel
flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |ImageCarolina.net (external link)

mikejet
THREAD ­ STARTER
573 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 12, 2009 08:12 as a reply to  @ gixxer's post |  #87

I emailed service complaining and asking how to get a refund. I provided links in the email as well to the original item description.

I don't need more generic batteries I have enough. I wanted 3 real ones!

If I was going to get more generics I would have gotten more Opteka ones since they are rated at 2000mAh.

Gear: S95 - Canon 50D - Canon 50mm 1.4 - BG-E2N Grip - R4 Rstrap - 200DG
molitrato.com (external link)
My flickr! (external link)
My feedback!

mikejet
THREAD ­ STARTER
573 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 12, 2009 08:25 as a reply to  @ mikejet's post |  #88

Filed my Amazon A-to-Z claim.

My feedback!

mikejet
THREAD ­ STARTER
573 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 12, 2009 08:30 as a reply to  @ post 8803662 |  #89

I suggest everyone that does not want the batteries to file a claim against them as their seller description clearly states no refunds on batteries. I think a claim through Amazon is the only way.

My feedback!

CosmoKid
Goldmember
4,235 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 12, 2009 09:04 |  #90

you can refuse shipment of the package. that is the easy way. once you open the box it will be considered a refund. instead, when UPS leaves it at your front door, just write refused on it and give it back to a UPS store.

Joe- 2 bodies, L 2.8 zoom trilogy and a couple of primes
iRocktheShot.com (external link) - Portfolio (external link)

Gear/Feedback
Facebook "Fan" Page (external link) -

sponsored links

8,198 views & 0 likes for this thread
Amazon deal on BP511A. $9.95 each!!!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.