Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 05 Oct 2009 (Monday) 22:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Amazon deal on BP511A. $9.95 each!!!

mikejet
THREAD ­ STARTER
573 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 12, 2009 09:19 as a reply to  @ post 8805778 |  #91

It was sent USPS. Should I just write RTS on it and drop it in the mail box?

Gear: S95 - Canon 50D - Canon 50mm 1.4 - BG-E2N Grip - R4 Rstrap - 200DG
molitrato.com (external link)
My flickr! (external link)
My feedback!

sponsored links
_aravena
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,458 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 12, 2009 10:27 |  #92

I just use Sterlingtek's. Canon's suck but resale is nice.

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

Celtic ­ Tiger
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 12, 2009 10:28 as a reply to  @ mikejet's post |  #93

Wow. I'm surprised to see Adorama risk their rep over this. The question is did they make a mistake and do a CYA with generics or was this a deception from the get go. They certainly have lost esteem as far as I am concerned. I will try to avoid buying from them in the future.

I wonder what replacement camera they would send you if you bought a 7D?;)

flickr (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,506 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 12, 2009 10:39 |  #94

Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Celtic Tiger wrote in post #8806215 (external link)
Wow. I'm surprised to see Adorama risk their rep over this. The question is did they make a mistake and do a CYA with generics or was this a deception from the get go. They certainly have lost esteem as far as I am concerned. I will try to avoid buying from them in the future.

I wonder what replacement camera they would send you if you bought a 7D?;)

As you all know, we are only just firing up today after the holiday.

Please; just give me a little time to check out what has happened, and I will report back asap!

NB Thanks, Joe, for alerting me to this thread.

Celtic ­ Tiger
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 12, 2009 10:43 |  #95

HelenOster wrote in post #8806271 (external link)
As you all know, we are only just firing up today after the holiday.

Please; just give me a little time to check out what has happened, and I will report back asap!

NB Thanks, Joe, for alerting me to this thread.

Fair enough!

flickr (external link)

e02937
Goldmember
2,714 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 12, 2009 10:44 |  #96

IMHO, the only mistake Adorama made was not canceling the orders. That's what they should have done and no one should have been upset. It seems pretty clear that this was a pricing or clerical error.

Canon 7d
[15-85 IS] [70-200
f/4L IS] [I'm a PC]
[Full gear list and feedback]

Drozz119
Goldmember
1,340 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 12, 2009 10:49 as a reply to  @ e02937's post |  #97

So.. let me get this straight..

* The pricing was @ 9.95 for 12 hours (from the times in the posts)

* Why did the pricing stop? If the pricing was for the 'Adorama' brand (they're willing to ship) it would have kept selling at that price (As that item is STILL available)

* Someone from Adorama stopped it, and instead of canceling the orders, they kept the money, put a shipping date --2 weeks away-- and confirmed the order for GENUINE Canon.

* No consumers canceled the orders(through the holiday, with no customer service to contact) , because after all, the Genuine batteries were confirmed!

* A week later, they ship the generic batteries-- that NOBODY ordered.

* Everyone has to go through the process of sending the generic batteries back, JUST to get their own money back!!

* At this point.. it is 2-3 weeks before Adorama has to return YOUR money.

* Adorama will definitely make it as if they are GIVING you something, and taking a loss. Because they have the generic listed at $19

What should have happened:

Once Adorama found the mistake (12 hours in) they return the money, admit the mistake in email... Done deal

Common Practice in Construction as well.

A General Contractor will be paid (sometimes millions), and hold the sub-contractors money for 6-12 months, all the while making interest or paying back bills.

ShoFilms (external link)
gear

mikejet
THREAD ­ STARTER
573 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 12, 2009 10:53 as a reply to  @ Drozz119's post |  #98

Yeah my main issue is that the day I placed my order I contacted them through Amazon's system to verify that the batteries were authentic and not generic. I even said that if they are generics to please cancel my order and issue a refund.

This was the same day I posted the deal. I received no response from them and no response to any emails sent since.

This does not bode well for them.

Gear: S95 - Canon 50D - Canon 50mm 1.4 - BG-E2N Grip - R4 Rstrap - 200DG
molitrato.com (external link)
My flickr! (external link)
My feedback!

HelenOster
That's me!
4,506 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 12, 2009 11:12 |  #99

mikejet wrote in post #8806366 (external link)
Yeah my main issue is that the day I placed my order I contacted them through Amazon's system to verify that the batteries were authentic and not generic. I even said that if they are generics to please cancel my order and issue a refund.

This was the same day I posted the deal. I received no response from them and no response to any emails sent since.

This does not bode well for them.

We couldn't respond because we weren't aware of it; the first opportunity we had to investigate was today, and we have found in the past couple of hours that AMAZON put up the wrong information.
Now we are aware, we are doing our best to clean up the mess.:oops:
PLEASE be patient!

If each person affected sends me an email, with your order number, I will get to work as quickly as I can...

HelenOster
That's me!
4,506 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 12, 2009 11:16 |  #100

Message from Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Celtic Tiger wrote in post #8806215 (external link)
Wow. I'm surprised to see Adorama risk their rep over this.

I'm surprised that the programmers at Amazon frequently and repeatedly mess-up by putting up incorrect and misleading information, and yet the buck always stops with us.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,506 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 12, 2009 11:17 |  #101

CosmoKid wrote in post #8805778 (external link)
you can refuse shipment of the package. that is the easy way. once you open the box it will be considered a refund. instead, when UPS leaves it at your front door, just write refused on it and give it back to a UPS store.

Excellent advice; and I would urge anyone who has not yet taken delivery of their package to do the same.

CosmoKid
Goldmember
4,235 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 12, 2009 11:21 |  #102

i think more than anything, the timing of this all was bad. everyone knows that adorama is closed for almost 2 weeks during this holiday and the error happened right at the beginning of them being closed.

i am sure if they would have been opened this would have been taken care of quickly and to (most) everyone's satisfaction.

Joe- 2 bodies, L 2.8 zoom trilogy and a couple of primes
iRocktheShot.com (external link) - Portfolio (external link)

Gear/Feedback
Facebook "Fan" Page (external link) -

Celtic ­ Tiger
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 12, 2009 11:23 |  #103

HelenOster wrote in post #8806460 (external link)
If each person affected sends me an email, with your order number, I will get to work as quickly as I can...

Done. I'm sure the e-mails are getting through; but FYI...your out of office reply is still turned on. Happens to me too when I get back from vaca/holiday (especially when I return to a S-storm;)).

flickr (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,506 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 12, 2009 11:25 |  #104

Celtic Tiger wrote in post #8806518 (external link)
Done. I'm sure the e-mails are getting through; but FYI...your out of office reply is still turned on. Happens to me too when I get back from vaca/holiday (especially when I return to a S-storm;)).

OOops:oops:

Thanks for the heads up!

Fernando
Goldmember
1,628 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 12, 2009 11:25 |  #105

HelenOster wrote in post #8806460 (external link)
We couldn't respond because we weren't aware of it; the first opportunity we had to investigate was today, and we have found in the past couple of hours that AMAZON put up the wrong information.
Now we are aware, we are doing our best to clean up the mess.:oops:
PLEASE be patient!

I sent you an email early this morning, along with the main CS address. The tone of the emails this morning is very different from the tone here. Is something changing?

-F

Fuji convert - Ping me if you have any Fuji gear or legacy glass you're moving.

sponsored links

8,194 views & 0 likes for this thread
Amazon deal on BP511A. $9.95 each!!!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.