Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 07 Oct 2009 (Wednesday) 12:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

General Wedding Somewhat less Chit-Chatty of Late (Everyone's gotten busy) Thread (6)

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,093 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 05, 2010 10:23 |  #2176

Hi, Brooke! How was your weekend? Wasn't Conference amazing? And we had a great Easter. Now I'm spending the last day of break trying to clean and get my kids motivated to return to school tomorrow. But they were fun this week. I just wish they'd stop sitting around like lumps.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

sponsored links
ScPhotoMom
Goldmember
2,312 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 05, 2010 10:49 |  #2177

Quakes scare the crap out of me and Ive never even been in one. So strange curiosity on how they feel yet I hope its a "small one" lol Im glad you guys came through ok

I missed 5 pages worth of chit chat being out of town myself. My dad is in CCU in Chattanooga Tenn. and we had to make the 5 hour trip there over the weekend. He isnt doing well at all. They have him in a medically induced coma and he is on a ventilator. He was stable when I had to leave. Im just praying he pulls out of this one. (30+ years of diabetes)

I did get some nice pictures while I was there. We have a three year old and knew we would need to get her out of the hospital some and the family directed me to the River Front.
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=852766

My Flickr (external link) - My Gear -My facebook (external link)
Canon 7d Mark II - Canon 40D - Canon 580ex - Canon 28-135mm(3.5) - Canon EF 17-55mm(2.8) - Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III - Canon 85mm 1.8

Bootsie
"Dang! I am a loser"
3,243 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jul 2007

Apr 05, 2010 10:50 |  #2178

SuzyView wrote in post #9936254 (external link)
Hi, Brooke! How was your weekend? Wasn't Conference amazing? And we had a great Easter. Now I'm spending the last day of break trying to clean and get my kids motivated to return to school tomorrow. But they were fun this week. I just wish they'd stop sitting around like lumps.

Hey Suzie! My weekend was pretty good, nothing much exciting, but it was nice. Yes conference was amazing, love it! Haha I am trying to motivate myself for school, I only have a couple more weeks left in the semester.

{Brooke}
Canon 50D Gripped| 85 1.8| 100 2.8 macro| 17-85 IS| 50 1.8| 70-200 F4 L IS!!
---My Gallery--- (external link) ~My Blog~ (external link) **All My Gear**

LeesaB
"Patience is a what? "
14,682 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 05, 2010 11:11 as a reply to  @ Bootsie's post |  #2179

Good Morning...had an interesting shoot yesterday.

Tyler Williams from "everyone hates chris" never saw the show myself but for a 17 year old young man this guy was wise beyond years! Amazing!

So today I'm editing....

Life goes on. Hope you all are safe and well in California and Mexico...

LeesaB
www.LisaNikole.com (external link)
ME (external link)

Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Apr 05, 2010 11:53 |  #2180

obnoxiousmom wrote in post #9936425 (external link)
I missed 5 pages worth of chit chat being out of town myself. My dad is in CCU in Chattanooga Tenn. and we had to make the 5 hour trip there over the weekend. He isnt doing well at all. They have him in a medically induced coma and he is on a ventilator. He was stable when I had to leave. Im just praying he pulls out of this one. (30+ years of diabetes)

Fingers crossed for you dad, Mom. Sounds like he's not suffering, but I'm sure that's little consolation. Keep us informed, okay?

LeesaB wrote in post #9936529 (external link)
Life goes on. Hope you all are safe and well in California and Mexico...

I've been avoiding the TV for the last couple weeks, but I guess there were a couple deaths from this latest one. Mostly, though, I think everyone here is just fine.

I'm not short. I'm concentrated awesome!

LeesaB
"Patience is a what? "
14,682 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 05, 2010 12:01 as a reply to  @ Belmondo's post |  #2181

Mom, sorry to hear about your father, how is he doing today?

Tom, it's amazing not many where hurt!

LeesaB
www.LisaNikole.com (external link)
ME (external link)

ScPhotoMom
Goldmember
2,312 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 05, 2010 12:05 |  #2182

He is suffering a great deal. He hurts so much and he asked my step mom not to put him on a ventilator again. He told her he could be shocked back and given I.V Fluids but he is ready to go. She just couldnt let him go though and I dont think I would be any stronger or made a different decision in her shoes. He can nod his head and mouths words to us when he is awake but he becomes to restless and agitated when awake so they keep putting him under. He wants the ventilator out :( They tried two more times to wean him off the ventilator this morning and he couldnt breath on his own so they put him back to sleep and will try again later. Im pretty sure we are getting close to the end with him

Canon 7d Mark II - Canon 40D - Canon 580ex - Canon 28-135mm(3.5) - Canon EF 17-55mm(2.8) - Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III - Canon 85mm 1.8

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,093 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Apr 05, 2010 12:13 |  #2183

My Dad was suffering quite a bit before he died. I was actually relieved when he passed as he would not have been able to go back home if he had gotten better. I hope he isn't suffering. But my prayers are with you, Crystal.

Just be there when you can. I told my own children that life goes on and not to worry too much about me when my time comes. We are watching my mother go back and forth with her health for the last 10 years. It's been hard on my 2 sisters who take care of her.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Apr 05, 2010 12:52 |  #2184

obnoxiousmom wrote in post #9936888 (external link)
He is suffering a great deal. He hurts so much and he asked my step mom not to put him on a ventilator again. He told her he could be shocked back and given I.V Fluids but he is ready to go. She just couldnt let him go though and I dont think I would be any stronger or made a different decision in her shoes. He can nod his head and mouths words to us when he is awake but he becomes to restless and agitated when awake so they keep putting him under. He wants the ventilator out :( They tried two more times to wean him off the ventilator this morning and he couldnt breath on his own so they put him back to sleep and will try again later. Im pretty sure we are getting close to the end with him

Let's hope his passing is peaceful, if in fact it is time.

My parents took very different approaches. My dad was 98, having lunch, took a bite, he slowly pitched his head forward, and by the time it reached his chest, he was gone. Mom spent months in a hospice facility dying slowly from kidney failure. The last few weeks were very sad. She was hallucinating, in and out of consciousness, and clearly not having fun. That was a relief when it ended. Dad was something of a surprise, but not really. I remember calling him on his 98th birthday, and asking how it felt to be that old. He answered, "Honestly, Tommy, I can't think of a single thing to recommend it." I miss his humor.

I'm not short. I'm concentrated awesome!

ScPhotoMom
Goldmember
2,312 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 05, 2010 13:04 |  #2185

SuzyView wrote in post #9936942 (external link)
My Dad was suffering quite a bit before he died. I was actually relieved when he passed as he would not have been able to go back home if he had gotten better. I hope he isn't suffering. But my prayers are with you, Crystal.

Just be there when you can. I told my own children that life goes on and not to worry too much about me when my time comes. We are watching my mother go back and forth with her health for the last 10 years. It's been hard on my 2 sisters who take care of her.

My dad is suffering so much so I know what you went through. It scares the total crap out of me because He has had his diabetes about 32 years and ive had it for about 20. So its like looking into my future and I dont want my family to go through this with me.

ScPhotoMom
Goldmember
2,312 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 05, 2010 13:26 |  #2186

Belmondo wrote in post #9937141 (external link)
Let's hope his passing is peaceful, if in fact it is time.

My parents took very different approaches. My dad was 98, having lunch, took a bite, he slowly pitched his head forward, and by the time it reached his chest, he was gone. Mom spent months in a hospice facility dying slowly from kidney failure. The last few weeks were very sad. She was hallucinating, in and out of consciousness, and clearly not having fun. That was a relief when it ended. Dad was something of a surprise, but not really. I remember calling him on his 98th birthday, and asking how it felt to be that old. He answered, "Honestly, Tommy, I can't think of a single thing to recommend it." I miss his humor.

I hope to be the one to go quick. Your dad sounded like a very funny person. My sense of humor is on those lines lol. Ive watched my grandmother go through hospice. Her kidneys were gone and years of battling cancer really took its toll on her. But for her, she was awake one day and asleep by the next morning. She never woke back up and passed 5 days later.

My dad has been on dialysis for 5 years. Half of his feet are missing from amputation. He hasnt been able to walk in about 4 years. He is completely blind in one eye and mostly blind in the other. He cant eat because the nerves in his stomach are dead so his food doesnt properly digest. He is in constant pain but has been trying to make it until this coming December. Thats when his life insurance policy matures and he doesnt want to leave my step mom with nothing and a funeral bill to foot on top of it all. I dont think he is going to make it that far :( I dont want him to suffer any more. But I dont want to loose him either. I just found him two 1/2 years ago and have not had enough time with him (another long story)

And I swear, for only being 5 hours away, I completely feel jet lagged lol

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,845 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 05, 2010 17:54 |  #2187

Belmondo wrote in post #9936020 (external link)
Mo's mom would have been a little closer to it than us, so it's not surprising she felt it more. It truly was a long event. It just kept swaying and swaying. (another small aftershock as I'm writing this) There was no damage here, but my two garage refrigerators moved about a foot out from the wall, and a few drawers on my roller tool chest opened up.

The Loma Prieta quake in 1989 was much more spectacular. We were within a couple miles of the epicenter, and it was a much more violent shake. That one actually put a big crack right through the middle of the house. The actual damage was a little over $75K, which would be about $135K today.

It's always interesting after a quake like yesterday's; the experts keep telling us, this is NOT the 'big one.' I'm not looking forward to that one.

My sister lives in Boulder creek, a couple of miles from Loma Prieta. I had to drive up and rescue her and her kids...they lost a whole wall and had a lot of damage...their street was on the front cover of Newsweek Magazine. It was shocking to see all the devastation...million dollar homes in rubble. I will never forget the drive thru Watsonville...the telephone poles were all laying almost on their sides.

One more night at work...the sore throat is better but now I am hacking...:rolleyes::cry::cry:

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,845 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 05, 2010 17:56 |  #2188

I know that is a hard thing to get through....I will keep you in my thoughts.

Wonderful photos.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

JimAskew
Cream of the Crop
7,805 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 05, 2010 18:21 |  #2189

Quakes scare the crap out of me and Ive never even been in one. So strange curiosity on how they feel yet I hope its a "small one" lol Im glad you guys came through ok

I did get some nice pictures while I was there. We have a three year old and knew we would need to get her out of the hospital some and the family directed me to the River Front.
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=852766

Crystal,

I lost my Mom years ago in a similar fashion, I'll keep your Dad and you in my thoughts and prayers.

I love your photos...especially the old tressle.

Jim -- I keep the Leica D-Lux 7 in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L, Leica D-Lux 7

ScPhotoMom
Goldmember
2,312 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 05, 2010 18:31 |  #2190

Thank you. It means alot. Small update on my dad. They got him off the vent and if he remains stable for 24 hours they can move him to a regular room

Anyone here any good with sunset pictures? I got my best ones on my trip but they are still too dark in some spots and too bright in others.

sponsored links

507,972 views & 0 likes for this thread
General Wedding Somewhat less Chit-Chatty of Late (Everyone's gotten busy) Thread (6)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.