Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
Thread started 07 Oct 2009 (Wednesday) 16:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bass Harbor Light House

RAPhotography
465 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 07, 2009 16:13 |  #1

Thanks for looking. C&C always appreciated.

Ryan

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
WaFp
Goldmember
1,075 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 07, 2009 17:08 |  #2

i'm envious of the fact you got to shoot this lighthouse. great pic with great colors and wonderful perspective!

thanks for sharing!

-- Trent

5D :D Gripped, 50mm f/1.8, 18-55mm f/4-5.6, 24-105mm L f/4 :D, 70-200mm L f/4, 420EX Speedlite

Flickr (external link)

JodyLee
52 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 07, 2009 17:19 |  #3

Amazing picture!!!

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/29600310@N06/ (external link)

vtphotography
30 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 07, 2009 18:13 |  #4

Great photo from a unique angle. Most photos you see of this lighthouse are from the same angle. Wish I was in Maine right now...

vtphotography.zenfolio​.com (external link)

sparker1
Cream of the Crop
29,283 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Oct 07, 2009 19:14 |  #5

Well, I have shot this lighthouse, but my result was not as good. Way to go. It's a superb shot.

Stan (See my gallery at http://www.pbase.com/s​parker1 (external link))

7D, 50D, 300D, EF-S 10-22 mm, EF-S 18-55 mm kit lens, EF 24-105 L IS, EF 50 mm 1.8, Sigma 150-500mm (Bigmos)

Kevin
Cream of the Crop
5,920 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 07, 2009 19:34 |  #6

Excellent shot, I like your choice of perspective, it works very well.

hudsong
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 07, 2009 19:37 |  #7

Beautiful place and composition, and not too much on the HDR. I'd tone down the amount/saturation on the rocks, and a sans serif font for your name/copyright info.

ajosteve
Cream of the Crop
16,468 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Oct 07, 2009 20:47 |  #8

I love this image...well done!

Steve

Sauchterlonie
466 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 08, 2009 02:12 |  #9

This is a wonderful shot and very professional. Nice colours, tones and great comp.

Simon

Church Green Studios Website (external link)
Church Green Studios 500px (external link)
Church Green Studios Blog (external link)
My Flickr (external link)

Rumrunner
Goldmember
1,865 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Oct 08, 2009 02:22 |  #10

Very pleasant photo with relaxing colors. The Angles of the foreground rock and the horizontal lines in the sky make this a trophy in my eyes.

Gear List

stargazer77517
Goldmember
1,430 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 08, 2009 07:13 as a reply to  @ Rumrunner's post |  #11

Like the way the rocks lead my eyes to the Lighthouse, Very good exp and comp.
Good job!!

Davis (Fred)
My Gallery http://davisbourque.ze​nfolio.com/ (external link)

Winter ­ Ivy
106 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 08, 2009 08:17 |  #12

Absolutely beautiful! I have been there and have to say that you did a wonderful job conveying the atmosphere & the color in the rocks. Non of my photos of Bass Harbor look like this, lol.

Diana, member of the mama-razzi equipped with Rebel T1i | Canon 18-55mm IS | Nifty Fifty | Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 Xr Di | Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS USM | 580EX II | Flickr (external link).

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 08, 2009 15:47 |  #13

Another excellent shot Ryan. Keep it coming!

Canonguy39
560 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 08, 2009 19:47 |  #14

Did you have this view in mind when you went there or did you find it as you walked around looking for the 'right shot'. Just wondering, but it doesn't matter either way because you were at the 'right spot'!! Very impressive.

Rod
7D, 40D, Sigma 10-20mm, Canon 17-85 IS USM, 24-105 l4 IS USM, 55-250 IS, 50mm 1.8, 580ex II & 420ex speedlites, and various other supporting items (but never enough :grin:).

RAPhotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
465 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 08, 2009 20:19 |  #15

Canonguy39 wrote in post #8787276 (external link)
Did you have this view in mind when you went there or did you find it as you walked around looking for the 'right shot'. Just wondering, but it doesn't matter either way because you were at the 'right spot'!! Very impressive.

Funny you should ask. One thing I've noticed about Acadia is that photographers with nice cameras and tripods are the norm rather than the exception here. If you go someplace for sunrise or sunset, expect to see several, if not dozens of other photographers looking for the same great shot. When I was at Bass Harbor, there were about 10 other photographers who all got there about 1-2 hours before sunset to prepare for the shot. In a situation like that, you either get there early, or you're stuck with what's left over. Luckily, I got there early and was able to choose this spot. That being said, when the time came for the big shot, I had to ask more than one meandering couple to please move because I've been waiting all evening for this one moment . . . not really my favorite way to snap a picture. But, I guess the results seem worth it in this instance.

Ryan

sponsored links

1,972 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bass Harbor Light House
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.