Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 20 Oct 2009 (Tuesday) 16:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What will the 1Ds Mark IV specs be?

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 21, 2009 23:08 as a reply to  @ post 8860829 |  #16

I'm also waiting for the 1Ds MK IV. It definitely has to beat the current Nikon D3X in megapixles. I predict somewhere around 30 megapixels. I'm mostly landscape and I don't shoot lowllight very often. Plus, I don't need fps. I would say the ISO expandability would be around the current 5D MK II.

sponsored links
krepta
I swear I'm Ken Rockwell!
8,482 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Oct 22, 2009 01:22 |  #17

J_TULLAR wrote in post #8866720 (external link)
as much as hubble :D

Imagine the resolving power of Hubble on a DSLR... drool. :D

Alex | flickr (external link) | Gear & Feedback | Food! (external link)

Matthew ­ Hicks ­ Photography
Goldmember
2,552 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 22, 2009 01:29 as a reply to  @ post 8860829 |  #18

30-36 is what it'll probably have. 16 or 18 would be nice for good ISO performance.

Calgary Wedding Photography by Matthew Hicks: www.matthicksphoto.com (external link)

danielyamseng
Goldmember
2,036 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 22, 2009 17:57 |  #19

foxesamu, yeah agree with you.I think it should be at least >26mp++ with similiar 1d mark IV features

Mastamarek
Goldmember
1,882 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 23, 2009 12:47 |  #20

Canon 1Ds MK IV - Final speculation thread

So the1d MK IV is out. The photo community is torn. Some people like it, some don't. Well, canon still has one chance to destroy the world and bring every Nikon fans to their knees. Its the 1ds MK IV. What do you think, the 1ds specs are gonna be? post em up folks.

Here is my prediction:

1Ds MK IV

Price: since 1Ds is usually 2x $$ of 1D, the 1Ds should cost about $10.000

34mpx FF sensor
8fps
1080P 24/25/30/60 fps
720P 24/25/30/60/120 fps
45 Point AF – 39 cross
ISO 100 - 12800 (ISO 50 - 102,400 in Boost mode)
self cleaning sensor
100% Viewfinder
3″ LCD
63 zone metering

What do you think the 1Ds will look like?

take it easy

[Facebook® (external link)]
[imassmedia.pl (external link)]
[Flickr (external link)]
[My Blog (external link)]

Cyrix_2k
299 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Oct 23, 2009 12:53 as a reply to  @ Mastamarek's post |  #21

Who else would rather have a lower resolution sensor with amazing high iso performance & fast burst capability?

I'll go ahead and guess 26 mp for the sensor.

Olympus OM-10 35mm SLR | Canon EOS 5D | Canon EOS 5D Mk III

Sigma 24-60mm f/2.8 EX | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX

Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f/3.5 | Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5 | Zuiko 50mm f/1.8

mikekelley
"Meow! Bark! Honk! Hiss! Grrr! Tweet!"
7,317 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 23, 2009 12:55 as a reply to  @ Mastamarek's post |  #22

I see this being 30mp easily.
It will be a sick camera regardless.

full frame is where it's at!

Los Angeles-Based Architectural, Interior, And Luxury Real Estate Photography (external link)
How To Photograph Real Estate and Architecture (external link)
My Fine Art Galleries (external link)
My articles at Fstoppers.com (external link)

Mastamarek
Goldmember
1,882 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 23, 2009 13:01 as a reply to  @ Mastamarek's post |  #23

since canon updates the 1D series once in 3 years, they absolutely can not screw the 1Ds up. I mean that would be the total failure of canon and probably bankruptcy. 1Ds has to be a miracle camera otherwise I don't see great future for canon. If all they do is give the camera a $10.000 price tag, give it 26mpx sensor and only go 6fps, then I really dont think any 1ds III owner will update.

[Facebook® (external link)]
[imassmedia.pl (external link)]
[Flickr (external link)]
[My Blog (external link)]

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
50,444 posts
Gallery: 162 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Oct 23, 2009 13:14 as a reply to  @ Mastamarek's post |  #24

Moved to Rumors and Predicitions, and merged with the other two thread on the same subject started in the last two days.

In the future, please remember that the EOS forum is for the discussion of existing cameras only.

Thank you for understanding.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)
-EOS 1DX 2 For Sale- $2,950.00

frankchn
460 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 24, 2009 22:11 |  #25

34mpx FF sensor
8fps

That implies a throughput of 272 megapixels. Not possible with 2 DIGIC4 cores. You need 3 or 4 cores for that. Sticking to double the megapixels while halving the frame rate formula for the 1Ds, I expect a 32 megapixel sensor with 5 fps (and all the other 1D4 features).

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 24, 2009 23:32 |  #26

I don't think the next 1Ds will be around 10k. I'm thinking along $8500-$9000.

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 24, 2009 23:38 |  #27

Mastamarek wrote in post #8880426 (external link)
since canon updates the 1D series once in 3 years, they absolutely can not screw the 1Ds up. I mean that would be the total failure of canon and probably bankruptcy. 1Ds has to be a miracle camera otherwise I don't see great future for canon. If all they do is give the camera a $10.000 price tag, give it 26mpx sensor and only go 6fps, then I really dont think any 1ds III owner will update.

I doubt Canon would ever go broke. Everyone else purchases the prosumer products and p&s cameras. For those who demand this type of body will pay. I have the 1Ds MK III and I don't have any complaints about it. I for sure am looking forward to the next 1Ds and will definitely be keeping my Ds III as a back up. :)

Collin85
Cream of the Crop
8,164 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 25, 2009 00:34 |  #28

Mastamarek wrote in post #8880426 (external link)
I mean that would be the total failure of canon and probably bankruptcy.

Ugh, what?! :lol:

You realise Canon's profits by far come from their consumer range, right? How many 500D's do you think Canon sells for each 1Ds III?

Col | Flickr (external link)

Sony A7 + Leica 50 Lux ASPH, Oly E-M5 + 12/2
Canon 5D3, 16-35L, 50L, 85L, 135L

Lowner
"I'm the original idiot"
12,924 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Oct 25, 2009 04:23 |  #29

Thats true, but to sell so many consumer range stuff they need the high ticket, high publicity top of the range pro stuff to be highly visibility. Why do you think Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki etc throw shed loads of money at racing? And pay the likes of Valentino Rossi the amounts they do? It sells the showroom stuff, thats why. Cameras are no different.

Canon could still survive without the dSLR camera market. But knowing how the Japanese hate to loose "face", they would no doubt fight tooth and nail to stay in the fight. Which is good news for all of us.

Richard

http://rcb4344.zenfoli​o.com (external link)

Collin85
Cream of the Crop
8,164 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 25, 2009 05:06 |  #30

Lowner wrote in post #8889631 (external link)
Thats true, but to sell so many consumer range stuff they need the high ticket, high publicity top of the range pro stuff to be highly visibility. Why do you think Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki etc throw shed loads of money at racing? And pay the likes of Valentino Rossi the amounts they do? It sells the showroom stuff, thats why. Cameras are no different.

I agree with your example concerning racing, but I don't agree that the situation is the same with cameras. The average P&S-to-Rebel consumer wouldn't even have a clue what "full-frame" meant, let alone care if the 1Ds IV is a better camera than a Nikon D3x.

Infact, to be rigorous, the situation is more complicated than just that. The concept you're alluding to comes down to marketing; that is, big ticket items giving exposure. In that case, since the average consumer wouldn't have a clue what the 1Ds IV was (infact, I'd be willing to be most wouldn't even know what a 50D was), the fact that it exists would appease that logic enough. In the end, a sub-par 1Ds IV isn't going to deter a P&S owner buying a Rebel, provided the Rebel has a good price and a healthy list of features relative to similar models of competing brands.

Col | Flickr (external link)

Sony A7 + Leica 50 Lux ASPH, Oly E-M5 + 12/2
Canon 5D3, 16-35L, 50L, 85L, 135L

sponsored links

16,879 views & 0 likes for this thread
What will the 1Ds Mark IV specs be?
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.