Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos HDR Creation 
Thread started 01 Nov 2009 (Sunday) 22:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Zero Noise Extended DR Mini Tutorial

kirkt
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,942 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Jul 08, 2010 21:57 |  #91

The "original" pano is 2828 x 1414 pixels - a small version of the full res. The post here is 1024 x 512. I sharpened the 2828 version using Smart Sharpen 0.5 radius 80%.

Here is a 100% crop of the 2828 version.

Kirk

IMAGE: http://kirkt.smugmug.com/Photography/Photo-of-the-Day/100crop/928353333_Zw4Co-X3.jpg

Kirk
---

sponsored links
bestremera
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 19, 2012 18:48 as a reply to  @ kirkt's post |  #92

Just discovered Zero Noise and very interested in getting over each hurdle to enjoy what I find to be stunning end results.
I'm even willing to help.
I run a Dell Windows 7 with quadcore and 7 gigs of RAM.

I don't think a thread is the way to get people up to speed on Zero Noise. Step by step instructions are. We don't need slick installers and sliders like Photomatix, just a sequential series of spelled out steps.
My first obstacle is after downloading and trying to launch, I got an error that said my version was expired.

I've downloaded the .09, replaced the .exe from the 1.1 version stuffed folder.

What is the very next step I need to take?
Do I need dcraw or is that just for Linux OS's?

I'll document each of the steps I take as we go through this and make it a PDF so people can download it.

Thanks. Usted tambien Guillermo.

Old ­ Baldy
718 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 19, 2012 19:27 |  #93

bestremera wrote in post #13734488 (external link)
Just discovered Zero Noise and very interested in getting over each hurdle to enjoy what I find to be stunning end results.
I'm even willing to help.
I run a Dell Windows 7 with quadcore and 7 gigs of RAM.

I don't think a thread is the way to get people up to speed on Zero Noise. Step by step instructions are. We don't need slick installers and sliders like Photomatix, just a sequential series of spelled out steps.
My first obstacle is after downloading and trying to launch, I got an error that said my version was expired.

I've downloaded the .09, replaced the .exe from the 1.1 version stuffed folder.

What is the very next step I need to take?
Do I need dcraw or is that just for Linux OS's?

I'll document each of the steps I take as we go through this and make it a PDF so people can download it.

Thanks. Usted tambien Guillermo.

I'm afraid that ZN is currently a stagnant project. Kirk has, I believe emailed the developer (who is a member of this board) for help with the expiration issue.
It's a great pity that this is on hold, because my initial tests were VERY impressive with respect to reduction of noise and simple HDR processing with just a few exposures.

OB
Gear list
Flickr Gallery (external link)

bestremera
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 20, 2012 05:13 |  #94

this really is unfortunate. Blending exposures is really crucial to what I do and the results I've seen for ZN are unprecedented. Please email (bobestremera@gmail.co​m) me if and when ZN can be resurrected. This is a ground-breaking improvement over any other exposure blending methods and it would be a very sad thing to not make it available.

wolfden
Goldmember
1,439 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 21, 2012 23:19 |  #95

yea, I miss ZN too......

~KJS~
Photos by KJS (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | 500px (external link) | Google+ (external link)
Canon 60D Shooter

_GUI_
348 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 23, 2012 15:39 |  #96

Hey, you all can use it just by setting some date before 2012. I'll try to compile a new non-expiring version this weekend.

Regards

http://www.guillermolu​ijk.com (external link) to subscribe click here (external link)

kirkt
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,942 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 23, 2012 16:27 |  #97

Thanks for the effort!

Sincerely,

Your fan club
;)

Kirk
---

Old ­ Baldy
718 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 23, 2012 21:15 |  #98

_GUI_ wrote in post #13755157 (external link)
Hey, you all can use it just by setting some date before 2012. I'll try to compile a new non-expiring version this weekend.

Regards

That will be GREAT! I haven't found anything yet that matches the low level of noise from an HDR merge process.

thx!

OB
Gear list

wolfden
Goldmember
1,439 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 24, 2012 00:45 |  #99

Old Baldy wrote in post #13757191 (external link)
That will be GREAT! I haven't found anything yet that matches the low level of noise from an HDR merge process.

thx!

sns-hdr lite does a great job, give it a whirl

~KJS~
Photos by KJS (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | 500px (external link) | Google+ (external link)
Canon 60D Shooter

Old ­ Baldy
718 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 24, 2012 11:35 |  #100

wolfden wrote in post #13758179 (external link)
sns-hdr lite does a great job, give it a whirl

I already own SNS-HDR Home version...and like it a lot, but ZN does a much better job, for me, with noise control/reduction. I do like the UI of SNS-HDR, and in fact, it's my current default HDR alignment/deghost/meri​ng/tone-mapping tool......but, for me, ZN has a clear edge in terms of reduction of noise. A combination of ZN and SNS-HDR would be absolutely the KILLER HDR tool for me! :)

OB
Gear list

bestremera
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Feb 01, 2012 14:11 |  #101

Looking forward to it Guillermo. ZN is my holy grail. It is the one thing that brings digital into the shadow quality of what we could do with b&w film. Thanks so much.

bwanaaa
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Mar 16, 2012 00:10 as a reply to  @ bestremera's post |  #102

ok, i got vmware running on my macbook, installed ubuntu 11.10, shared the folder containing the linux version of zn, navigated to the folder succesfully (after installing vmware tools TWICE as outlined here http://www.laotudou.co​m …-player-share-folder.html (external link))

attempting to execute ZN by double clicking it does nothing. it's a 565 kb file.
navigating to it in terminal and typing ZN results in 'no such command'
typing ./ZN results in
error while loading shared libraries libwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so.0 cannot open shared object file:No such file or directory

So what am I missing?

bwanaaa
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Mar 16, 2012 07:41 |  #103

Attempts to execute zn on windows xp guest running in VMware gives the error that msstdfmt.dll is missing. What package is needed for this?

_GUI_
348 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 16, 2012 15:12 |  #104

bwanaaa wrote in post #14096255 (external link)
Attempts to execute zn on windows xp guest running in VMware gives the error that msstdfmt.dll is missing. What package is needed for this?

Yes, some Windows distributions don't have that library. You just need to install it by registering it into the OS. Follow the instructions in: http://www.guillermolu​ijk.com/tutorial/zeron​oise/index.htm (external link)

In the last part (Figs. 30 and 31)

Regards

http://www.guillermolu​ijk.com (external link) to subscribe click here (external link)

bwanaaa
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Mar 16, 2012 19:56 as a reply to  @ _GUI_'s post |  #105

thanks gui...
so for anyone else here are the details....
1)get the 2gb152.exe file from http://www.microsoft.c​om …p;displaylang=e​n&id=12972 (external link)
2)decompress it to a folder and find the MSSTDFMT.DLL file in there
3) move the MSSTDFMT.DLL file to the C:\windows\system32 folder
4) register the dll by open a command window (RUN-> cmd) and typing
regsvr32 c:\WINDOWS\System32\MS​STDFMT.DLL

You get a success message and now ZN starts.....
only to tell you it's expired. Set your clock back to 2010 and you're good!

sponsored links

40,449 views & 0 likes for this thread
Zero Noise Extended DR Mini Tutorial
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos HDR Creation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.