POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #18 - 'Blowing in the wind'
I love breezes or wind blowing .
it shows movement which can be very poetic in everyday ordinary things we sometimes don't notice
the wind is something we can't touch but because it 'moves' other things so we know it is there.
why I love it (damage worries aside for now)
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html'
it's the air we breath ..at speed
moving across the earth's surface it touches so many things on the way
all these things are around us. some move gently in the wind.
some are flung about with it's stronger forces.
much can be lifted up into the air by it's touch.
leaves/hair/objects/ litter/clouds gliding across the sky/
especially soft materials, swirling around in beautiful dancing movements
good luck to you all
I look forward very much to seeing the wonderful shots and how your wild imagination's are put into play
please have the contents of the photographs as natural as possible
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Sunday midnight GMT, Sunday 12th June 2005
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
1. Camera -- photos must be taken with a Canon G-Series Camera (G1,G2,G3,G5,G6) or Pro 1.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 640 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS. Odd-sized photos ineligible.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Name in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
6. Commenting by Photographers -- While name and camera are all that are required, you're welcome to add any hints, story, special techniques, location, EXIF data.
7. No Commenting by others -- When the posting is closed, comments can be made in this thread.
1. The Challenge Host is the winner of the last challenge.
2. Choose a topic and list any special rules -- but DO NOT POST a photo.
3. Post the topic in a thread with this title: “POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #XX -- [TOPIC]”
4. At the end of competition, choose a Winner and two Runners-up and explain why the photos were selected. Comments on other photos are nice but not required.
5. Post these in a thread titled “POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #XX -- Winners.”
6. Winner starts with Rule #1 above.
7. If the winner can't be contacted and doesn't respond by Tuesday midnight GMT, the second-place winner will host the challenge. Etcetera.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic ... Tuesday by midnight GMT.
* Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Stops ... Sunday midnight GMT
* Winner Announcement ... Monday by midnight GMT.
#017- Rain - marie, Boutty, Tonyq
#016 - Reflections - abat, Boutty, IainB
#015 - Spheres - digidog, (2) Boutty, (2) Thefly, (2) Bottombracket, (3) marie, (3) gkunning
#014 - Trees - partridge9, cyclone, Boutty
#013 - Body Language - digidog, Dchemist, Bottom Bracket
#012 - Light & Dark - IainB, cyclone, (3) teekay, (3) bottombracket
#011 - Transportation - 4nr, digidog, IainB
#010 - Making Music - Bottom Bracket, gkuenning, (3)Alexandre Gabriel, (3)pushtoexit
#009 - Hands - IainB, txfirebug, Dbump
#008 - Stop Action - Partridge9, Marie, Bottom Bracket, Thefly
#007 - Red - Pushtoexit, Marie, IainB, Megatrixel
#006 - Pencil - theFly, am_pitbull_terrier, bottombracket
#005 - An Egg - Don Ellis, Megatrixel/Samerj, Rich Lawrence
#004 - Old People - teekay, raj, thefly
#003 - Passage of Time - Booyah, Don Ellis, Rich Lawrence
#002 - Joy - TeeKay, Rich Lawrence, Pradeep1
#001 - Speed - BottomBracket, SmartImport, Rich Lawrence