Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 20 Nov 2009 (Friday) 08:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Photo Boxes

Dawud
392 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 20, 2009 08:28 |  #1

Hi,

I'm searching for an online store where I can buy photo boxes to store my pictures in.
They should be in cardboard and almost the same size as a "standard" photo, namely 10cm*15cm. I can't keep buying photo albums, so I want to store them like that as people used to do with their dia's.

(it's called Dia in dutch, I don't know how it is called in english. Here is a picture: http://www.diadigitaal​.nl/pics/dia_dozen.jpg (external link))

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue.

Camera • lenses

sponsored links
Jethro790
Goldmember
2,193 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Nov 20, 2009 09:54 |  #2

What you are looking for are called "card file boxes" I believe. A quick google search came back with many options, some quite like the one you linked. http://www.google.com …+file&fp=8abfa3​8a30232193 (external link)

If you must know...

rklepper
Dignity-Esteem-Compassion
8,994 posts
Joined Dec 2003
Location: No longer living at the center of the known universe, moved just slightly to the right. Iowa, USA.

Nov 20, 2009 17:24 |  #3

Not sure where you are since you do not share your location, but I get some fairly inexpensive ones that do the job at Walmart.

Doc Klepper in the USA
I
am a photorealist, I like my photos with a touch of what was actually there.
Polite C&C always welcome, Thanks. Gear List

RiaGurl
Goldmember
1,857 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 20, 2009 17:44 |  #4

rklepper wrote in post #9052683 (external link)
Not sure where you are since you do not share your location, but I get some fairly inexpensive ones that do the job at Walmart.

are they acid free? for that matter, do you know if ones that ARE marked as acid free actually end up being that, or is there a special kind of mark, besides acid free that makes it safe for photos?

VictoRia:roll::D
Canon 20D,40D gripped,50D gripped,7D gripped
A flash for each^. 2x580EX II, 1x430EX II, 550EX
Bunch of glass.:)
Bunch of accessories.

Addicted2EOS
Goldmember
1,774 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Nov 20, 2009 20:34 |  #5

I purchase my PHOTO STORAGE BOXES at AC Moore. They are always on sale.

Canon 40D and more lenses than my wife knows about...

Dawud
THREAD ­ STARTER
392 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 21, 2009 15:54 |  #6

Jethro790 wrote in post #9050066 (external link)
What you are looking for are called "card file boxes" I believe. A quick google search came back with many options, some quite like the one you linked. http://www.google.com …+file&fp=8abfa3​8a30232193 (external link)

Thanks for the tip

rklepper wrote in post #9052683 (external link)

as I wrote that I know the word in Dutch, I believe there are only 2 possible countries left. I'm from Belgium

Addicted2EOS wrote in post #9053649 (external link)
I purchase my PHOTO STORAGE BOXES at AC Moore. They are always on sale.

googling that gave me great clicks! Thanks

Camera • lenses

Lowner
"I'm the original idiot"
12,924 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Nov 22, 2009 08:15 |  #7

A good source of similar plastic boxes here in the UK is the office supplies chain Staples. Probably not archival quality but I don't see that as a big issue because it's simple enough to reprint an image if need be. I am never going to live long enough to know whether pigment inks do last 200 years anyway and I'm definitely not the next generations Ansel Adams.

I've been using empty a3+ paper boxes, but will shortly have to explore similar options, specially if I want to store matted prints which can be A2 size.

Richard

http://rcb4344.zenfoli​o.com (external link)

mclaeys
48 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Nov 22, 2009 08:23 as a reply to  @ Lowner's post |  #8

In Belgium you can try shops like Ikea, Kwarto, Ava Papierwaren.

Ikea has a limited supply of storage, and Kwarto & Ava are pure office supply stores so you couldn't quite go wrong there.

swalter
293 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Nov 22, 2009 23:30 |  #9

Look down below for similar threads, there are some excellent links in there too...

-Scott

http://scwalter.smugmu​g.com/ (external link)

rklepper
Dignity-Esteem-Compassion
8,994 posts
Joined Dec 2003
Location: No longer living at the center of the known universe, moved just slightly to the right. Iowa, USA.

Nov 23, 2009 10:38 |  #10

I do believe that there might be people who know the word in Dutch who are not currently in Belgium, so not sure how that logically flows.

Dawud wrote in post #9057469 (external link)
Thanks for the tip

as I wrote that I know the word in Dutch, I believe there are only 2 possible countries left. I'm from Belgium

googling that gave me great clicks! Thanks

Doc Klepper in the USA
I
am a photorealist, I like my photos with a touch of what was actually there.
Polite C&C always welcome, Thanks. Gear List

sponsored links

2,203 views & 0 likes for this thread
Photo Boxes
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.