Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 01 Dec 2009 (Tuesday) 06:04
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "Did you preorder or put down a deposit for the 1D MK4 ?"
I have preordered / put down a deposit / will 100% sure buy when B&H sends me the "in stock" notification.
15.3%
No, I am waiting
34.1%
No, I am not getting a MK4 at all
50.6%

249 voters, 249 votes given (1 choice only choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How many have preordered the 1D IV ?

ThomGascoigne
820 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 05, 2009 07:22 |  #61

Pete Kossaras wrote in post #9134970 (external link)
My MKIII will have to do for now.:) I'll most likely upgrade to the MKIV some day just because of ISO performance. One of my photo buds pre-ordered 5 of them.:D

5 of them? wow, for re sale or what?

5D MK II | 20D | 14 F/2.8L II | 24-70 F/2.8L | 70-200 F/2.8L IS | [FONT="Arial Black"]28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS | 580 EX II
Gear List

sponsored links
Fidelity
346 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 06, 2009 21:43 |  #62

Jahled wrote in post #9138861 (external link)
Pre-ordered mine and some recent doubts have evaporated

Mid December is the word, so in time for Christmas! Yay :)

The word from who, may I ask?

Fidelity

Anders ­ Östberg
Goldmember
3,395 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Dec 07, 2009 04:19 |  #63

Fidelity wrote in post #9148238 (external link)

The only official word I know of is what Canon said in the press release when they announced the camera. It has lately been repeated by Canon director Chuck Westfall in discussion groups. Second half of December.

Anders Östberg - Mostly Canon gear - My photos (external link)

AdamJL
Goldmember
4,365 posts
Joined May 2006

Dec 07, 2009 04:36 |  #64

ssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccc​cccccks

I want it now

NOW DAMNIT!!!

Gear

Fidelity
346 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 07, 2009 05:21 |  #65

FretNoMore wrote in post #9149378 (external link)
The only official word I know of is what Canon said in the press release when they announced the camera. It has lately been repeated by Canon director Chuck Westfall in discussion groups. Second half of December.

I know about it shipping in late december, heck I've been preaching that. I was replying to a comment that was apparently edited out about the notion that the word is that early reviews say it won't focus, and I wanted to know where that "word" came from. I guess the poster thought better of it.

Fidelity

Anders ­ Östberg
Goldmember
3,395 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Dec 07, 2009 05:26 |  #66

Fidelity wrote in post #9149531 (external link)
I know about it shipping in late december, heck I've been preaching that. I was replying to a comment that was apparently edited out about the notion that the word is that early reviews say it won't focus, and I wanted to know where that "word" came from. I guess the poster thought better of it.

Ah, OK.

Yeah, there have been no real reports whatsoever about focusing, but many posts from those who want it to fail. :)

Anders ­ Östberg
Goldmember
3,395 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Dec 07, 2009 12:44 |  #67

Preparing for noise tests... POTN style

On my way to the frozen pizza in the local mall I happened to pass a shelf full of
1 foot long black ducks... and because of how strangely wired my brain is from
surfing the web I of course immediately thought POTN-Duck-1DMarkIV-NoiseTest. :oops:

So, with a more suitable black backdrop I guess I won't have any problems finding
a subject for my first shots once the camera gets here. :)

Here he is...

IMAGE: http://www.aobild.se/imagesforforums/funny/sonofaduck.jpg

charlesu
Goldmember
4,316 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Dec 07, 2009 13:14 |  #68

I have ordered my 1D MKIV but am very curious why there are not more samples/reports out there. I've seena few things but I know some videos were pulled (orders from Canon apparently). I am very pleased with my MKIII and plan to sell it to get the IV. But am a little cautious that we have not seen more on the IV by now. It ships to dealers a week from today so.....what is the deal?

Thanks for stopping in and having a look.
Prints of my work are available for purchase. Please contact me offline or thru PM if you are interested.

charlesu
Goldmember
4,316 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Dec 07, 2009 13:17 |  #69

Incidentally, Canon has really stood behind the III with service. I recently sent it in for any last AF changes and a clean and check before I go to sell it. They were VERY thorough. They swapped out a ton of bits including the mirror box assembly, the charge lever assembly, the shutter assembly, etc. They then tested it and ensured it met all Canon factory specs/calibrations.

All I asked for were the AF updates. They went out of their way on all the other stuff and returned to me an essentially new camera. Pretty cool given that it waws already operating flawlessly.

It's basically a new camera now.

Thanks for stopping in and having a look.
Prints of my work are available for purchase. Please contact me offline or thru PM if you are interested.

Anders ­ Östberg
Goldmember
3,395 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Dec 07, 2009 13:30 |  #70

charlesu wrote in post #9151637 (external link)
Incidentally, Canon has really stood behind the III with service.

Congratulatulations, glad you're happy. Canon service has however not been as kind to me.

YMMV - Your Milage May Vary, as they say

Mr. ­ Clean
Cream of the Crop
6,002 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Dec 07, 2009 14:12 |  #71

FretNoMore wrote in post #9151727 (external link)
Congratulatulations, glad you're happy. Canon service has however not been as kind to me.

YMMV - Your Milage May Vary, as they say

Probably because it's already within spec

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike
some shots @ Zenfolio (external link)
Gear List

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,729 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 07, 2009 15:12 |  #72

charlesu wrote in post #9151637 (external link)
Incidentally, Canon has really stood behind the III with service. I recently sent it in for any last AF changes and a clean and check before I go to sell it. They were VERY thorough. They swapped out a ton of bits including the mirror box assembly, the charge lever assembly, the shutter assembly, etc. They then tested it and ensured it met all Canon factory specs/calibrations.

All I asked for were the AF updates. They went out of their way on all the other stuff and returned to me an essentially new camera. Pretty cool given that it waws already operating flawlessly.

It's basically a new camera now.

Yeah, there were part of the recall and multiple fixes in-between. There were 2 announced recalls/service notices. Users also reported screws and various other parts being replaced as well.

I think they've pretty much perfected the process by now, being that the last service notice was early 2009.

I had a very early serial MKIII. Never had any issues with it, before or after the various fixes they applied to it.

markol
841 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Dec 07, 2009 15:45 |  #73

We've pre-ordered a couple :) Should be here in a week or two I believe.

www.borrowlenses.com (external link)

echo
Goldmember
1,964 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Dec 07, 2009 16:01 |  #74

I want one but will wait, not because of any worries, just that the price seems too high and will wait to see how the price drops over the next 6/7 months.

http://www.RecordProdu​ction.com (external link)
http://www.facebook.co​m/RecordProduction (external link)

Jahled
Goldmember
1,498 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 07, 2009 16:57 |  #75

Fidelity wrote in post #9148238 (external link)

The store itself, I was in there again on Saturday: http://www.jacobsdigit​al.co.uk/ (external link)

their orders should start materialising just in time for my Christmas Turkey and my mum and her mates drinking a bit to much Champaign :)

also Parkcameras said more or less the same thing, where I have the other pre-order

James
Snow Leopards of Leafy London- The magic begins 5th November 20:00 hours on Animal Planet :) | Gear

sponsored links

7,395 views & 0 likes for this thread
How many have preordered the 1D IV ?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.