I suppose I should preface this post by saying that I'm a total novice to photography in every sense of the word: I have no real knowledge about even the basics of photography, mediocre equipment, my camera's always set to "Automatic Settings," and my Adobe Photoshop 7 program lacks an owner who knows how to properly make use of it, so other than cropping, changing photos to black & white or sepia, or the occasional color splash when I'm feeling really invested, my photos are pretty raw.
I'd just like to gain some skills so that I can fill up the family photo albums with GOOD pictures- not just thoughtless snapshots of my family's important milestones and memories.
So with that being said, here are some very random photos that I've taken and I'm open to any critiques, help, advice, suggestions, etc!
Thanks in advance!
1. My Diaper Bag (not very interesting, I know, but was playing with my new "lightbox")
2. Would you believe I got this cat when I was 10 and she's still alive and kickin'?
3. The Gedachtniskirche in Berlin
4. My favorite photo of these two together (I photoshopped to take the leash out- badly I know)
5. The leash is VERY distracting I realize....
6. Not really a dog person? How about a puppy shot!
7. My only self-portrait: Making fun of the average myspace and facebook user by taking a self-portrait infront of the mirror with the flash on (even though it was taken all in fun, I ended up liking this shot for some reason- so if someone could make it presentable/useable I'd appreciate it!)
8. Finally! He actually posed for me!
Sorry all of the pictures were different sizes! And thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!