I want to buy a set of legs and ball head that will be more than adequate for my current equipment as well as a future 400mm/500mm/600mm lens. This is what I am considering:
Gitzo GT3541LS Systematic 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs
Gitzo GS3511S Compact Rapid 6x Carbon Fiber Center Column
Gitzo GS5121LV Leveling Base
Markins Q-Ball M20-NQS
Really Right Stuff B2 LR II Quick Release Clamp
Really Right Stuff BGE4-L L-Plate for 5D with BG-E4 grip
Really Right Stuff L84 Lens Mount (EF 70-200mm/f2.8L-IS)
Wow! This stuff really adds up quickly!
1. Does this setup make sense? Am I missing anything? Is there something listed that I really don't need? (I know I'll eventually need to add a Wimberley Sidekick for a large lens.)
2. Do most of you use a center column with your Systematic legs? And on a related note, is there a reason I should be looking at something other than the Systematic legs?
3. Can you use the center column and the leveling base at the same time?
4. Does the use of the leveling base make the tripod more susceptible to vibration?
4. Do I need a RRS reducer bushing for the B2 LR II QR clamp?
5. Markins really touts their tripod base. Is a tripod base advantageous to a setup such as this? Is the tripod base even compatible with the Systematic legs and/or the Gitzo leveling base? (They list the TB-30 as compatible with the GT3541 and GT3541L but don't specifically mention the GT3541LS.)
There seem to be so many options even when you narrow the brand names down that I find it a bit confusing. Please feel free to add any additional comments or suggestions that you may have. Thanks for the help!