Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 18 Dec 2009 (Friday) 07:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sears Electronics 20% Cashback

SteveNC
Goldmember
1,042 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 18, 2009 07:01 |  #1

Search for "Kenmore" on bing.com, click ad at the top (or right side) of the page. As an example, this makes the 7D 1899.99 - 20% = $1520 + tax. Lots of prices are inflated but there may be some good deals in there.

From Sears' page:

How Bing cashback works
Items that qualify for cashback rewards are denoted with a
[GIFS ARE NOT RENDERED IN QUOTES]
. Purchasing these items makes you eligible for a cashback percentage based on the product. Once you've placed your order, your Bing cashback account will be credited the proper amount.

To redeem your cashback rewards, you'll need to share non-personal info about your purchase with Microsoft as well as create/log in to your Bing cashback account. There is a waiting period of up to 60 days before your account is credited as well as a minimum payout of $5. For complete program details view the Terms & Conditions below. If you have any questions regarding the cashback program, please contact Microsoft here.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

"Dream it. Plan it. Do it."
- National Geographic ...with a 300D and a kit lens (external link)

85 1.2L II, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100-400L IS, 17-40L, 50 1.4, 85 1.8, Elinchrom, Lastolite, Photoflex, Think Tank, Member: Canon Professional Services, National Association of Photoshop Professionals

sponsored links
Addicted2EOS
Goldmember
1,774 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 18, 2009 08:02 |  #2

FYI: It shows out of stock...

Canon 40D and more lenses than my wife knows about...

shaggymatt
555 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Dec 18, 2009 09:28 |  #3

Naturally... the dishwasher I just picked up the other day was from when Bing was at 10% for Sears.

Pelican 1614
Gear List

The ­ Flying ­ Turtle
59 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Dec 18, 2009 12:56 as a reply to  @ shaggymatt's post |  #4

Why can't I push the button (rhetorical, I am cheap)?

70-200 f4IS for $1187 less 20% ($200 max) = $987 and I might even be able to still get the $75 Canon rebate since it is not referenced anyplace. Oh yeah, free shipping too.

Please convince me that I am not going to get anything better.

40D, 17-55IS, 70-200 f4 IS, 430ex, 580exII

ShrimpBurrito
60 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 18, 2009 13:15 |  #5

The Flying Turtle wrote in post #9223258 (external link)
Please convince me that I am not going to get anything better.

Don't forget sales tax. Also, I'm not aware of any ongoing Canon rebates that aren't instant. So don't expect to mail something off to get a rebate. The rebate will be included in the purchase price.

Dave

30D | 6D | EF 24-70 | EF-S 17-85 IS | EF 70-300 IS | EF 70-200 f2.8 IS | EF 50 f1.4 | 2x Extender | 530EX | Gitzo 1541T + Markins Q3T + RRS B2 LR II

The ­ Flying ­ Turtle
59 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Dec 18, 2009 13:25 |  #6

ShrimpBurrito wrote in post #9223355 (external link)
Don't forget sales tax. Also, I'm not aware of any ongoing Canon rebates that aren't instant. So don't expect to mail something off to get a rebate. The rebate will be included in the purchase price.

Dave

But even without the rebate $987 is a good deal, right?

40D, 17-55IS, 70-200 f4 IS, 430ex, 580exII

ShrimpBurrito
60 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 18, 2009 13:57 |  #7

The Flying Turtle wrote in post #9223408 (external link)
But even without the rebate $987 is a good deal, right?

According to my calculations, it's an average deal. Let's say you have to pay 8% sales tax on the $1187, that makes it $1282. Substract out your bing discount, and you get $1087. (I thought I remember reading the $200 max bing cashback was just for eBay, but I'm not sure.)

Compare that to buying through PCNation where you get 2.8% cashback. Final price is $1068 if you don't live in California (where PCNation charges tax). You can also buy from Adorama with/Bing for ~$1100.

Dave

30D | 6D | EF 24-70 | EF-S 17-85 IS | EF 70-300 IS | EF 70-200 f2.8 IS | EF 50 f1.4 | 2x Extender | 530EX | Gitzo 1541T + Markins Q3T + RRS B2 LR II

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 18, 2009 14:08 |  #8

I posted this a few days ago. Apparently they don't have any 7Ds to sell, store pickup only and none of the two dozen stores I checked had any.

Flickr (external link)

brambo76
285 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Dec 18, 2009 15:12 |  #9

well, I checked out, but they are ok deal at best with sales tax slapped on.
plus you have to wait two months to get your rebate.

not much a deal for camera stuff, but other stuff (snow blower, home appliances) should be better.. also things like PS3, Wii are not inflated price, so they are good deal if you are looking for something quick.

6D / Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art / ST-E2 / manual lenses + adapter / Canon 28mm 2.8 IS / Tamron 70-300mm VC
Equipment List / Feedback

PHS
97 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Dec 18, 2009 21:30 |  #10

Actually, if you don't pay sales tax when you buy it you should be paying it on your state tax return under use tax. Only if you are honest.

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 19, 2009 00:16 |  #11

PHS wrote in post #9225768 (external link)
Actually, if you don't pay sales tax when you buy it you should be paying it on your state tax return under use tax. Only if you are honest.

That doesn't apply in every state.

Flickr (external link)

PHS
97 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Dec 19, 2009 00:36 |  #12

K6AZ wrote in post #9226395 (external link)
That doesn't apply in every state.

Well, that is true. Not every state collects sales tax. So you are good if you live in Alaska. But then there is no incentive to order over the internet to avoid the tax...buy local.

Generally speaking, if your state has a sales tax, it has a use tax if you buy from out of state.

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 19, 2009 00:52 |  #13

PHS wrote in post #9226449 (external link)
Well, that is true. Not every state collects sales tax. So you are good if you live in Alaska. But then there is no incentive to order over the internet to avoid the tax...buy local.

Generally speaking, if your state has a sales tax, it has a use tax if you buy from out of state.

There's no such provision for mail order in VA and we do have a 5% sales tax. This is really a state-by-state thing. I know CA and NY requires it and so do many other states.

Flickr (external link)

rijndael
193 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 19, 2009 08:33 |  #14

K6AZ wrote in post #9226478 (external link)
There's no such provision for mail order in VA and we do have a 5% sales tax.

Virginia does have a Use-Tax. It's a box on the state income tax forms, most folks put a zero in there. But, all they have to do is subpoena your credit card records during an audit and I'm sure they'll want to dig deeper.

State Listing:
http://www.ecommerce-blog.org …-tax-free-internet-sales/ (external link)

VA Tax Form:
http://www.tax.virgini​a.gov …%20and%20Instru​ctions.pdf (external link)

Who Should File This Form?: If the total amount of purchases was from
out-of-state mail order catalog(s) only, and $100 or less for the entire
year, you do not have to pay the use tax. If the purchases were from outof-
state mail order catalog(s) and exceed $100, or the purchases were of
any amount from sources other than mail order catalogs, then you must
report these purchases and pay consumer’s use tax on the TOTAL amount
of all untaxed purchases from all sources made during the calendar year.
Nonprescription drugs and proprietary medicines purchased for the cure,
mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in human beings are exempt
from consumer use tax.

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 19, 2009 13:59 |  #15

That's something relatively recent then. Regardless, without the teeth to enforce it (requiring retailers who ship into the state to file reports with the state like some states do) it's a non-issue. Anyhow, Sears charges sales tax for me but with a 20% Bing offer that's still a net 15% for me.

Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,989 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sears Electronics 20% Cashback
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.