Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 24 Dec 2009 (Thursday) 11:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

NYC Meets?

EiTheL
Goldmember
1,493 posts
Joined May 2009

Dec 29, 2009 18:38 |  #31

I honesty did not take any pictures at all, as I was too worried my hand was going to fall off XD, I have one or two good pics in my 50D which i'll download from the cam soon :P

PS: 6 degrees w/ wind chill >_>

Gabe:New York City:Flickr (external link) | Website (external link) | Gear

sponsored links
MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,694 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 29, 2009 18:46 |  #32

Gabe, Gabe, Gabe, don't be a such a wimp. ;) You musta hung out with BabyNicky too long. I'm going snowboarding on top of a mountain tomorrow and I'll be shooting all day.

No excuses. What about your partner in crime, did he shoot anything today?

me

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,914 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Dec 29, 2009 19:04 |  #33

MDJAK wrote in post #9285673 (external link)
Gabe, Gabe, Gabe, don't be a such a wimp. ;) You musta hung out with BabyNicky too long. I'm going snowboarding on top of a mountain tomorrow and I'll be shooting all day.

No excuses. What about your partner in crime, did he shoot anything today?

me

+1 I agree MDJAK. Something must have came out of it! If i had my camera with me at work i would have met you guys during lunch :D

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

EiTheL
Goldmember
1,493 posts
Joined May 2009

Dec 29, 2009 19:09 |  #34

I couldn't feel my hands!!! let alone operate buttons >_>
they need to invent a glove with a remote trigger built in to one of the fingers or something >_>
Hes.. somewhere... his front door is doorknob-less so he may be fixing it or something O_o"

Heath
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,332 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 29, 2009 21:39 |  #35

I will definitely NOT be doing a photo walk in NYC tomorrow, Wednesday. Damn it was cold out there. I have no idea how people photograph in the cold. Pressing the shutter button is not the issue. It's adjusting the exposure and if necessary, changing a menu setting.

I am thinking that my next outdoor winter photo taking adventure will be with the Green Box. I figure my photos could not get any worse!!

Heath
"Some photographers push the envelope. Some sit behind a keyboard and criticize their accomplishments." (seen in the comments of a photo article)
Blog (external link)-Twitter (external link)-Zenfolio (external link)-500px (external link)-Pinterest (external link)-Gear List

shomat
798 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 29, 2009 23:19 |  #36

MDJAK wrote in post #9285465 (external link)
Actually, when I got home from work today my wife reminded me about the very "warm" place I am going tomorrow. Yeah, I'm taking my daughter snowboarding. So much for staying warm on my day off.

Cool, where do you ride? I take the bus from my local ski shop up to Hunter every once in a while. I got a 3 pack of lift tickets for Christmas.

diputs wrote in post #9286741 (external link)
I will definitely NOT be doing a photo walk in NYC tomorrow, Wednesday. Damn it was cold out there. I have no idea how people photograph in the cold. Pressing the shutter button is not the issue. It's adjusting the exposure and if necessary, changing a menu setting.

I am thinking that my next outdoor winter photo taking adventure will be with the Green Box. I figure my photos could not get any worse!!

I wear a pair of Adidas running gloves. They're made of nylon or a similar material - thin enough that I can work the menu buttons.

My Photo Blog (external link)

EiTheL
Goldmember
1,493 posts
Joined May 2009

Dec 29, 2009 23:48 |  #37

*goes to foot locker and hopes they have it

NYC2BGI
846 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 30, 2009 12:09 |  #38

Try the NYC Aperture Group. It is the best photography group around.
http://www.meetup.com/​The-Aperture-Group/ (external link)

Canon 5D3, 5D2, 40D
EF 50mm f1.4, EF 85mm f1.8,
Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L
http://www.facebook.co​m/HightechPix (external link)

Heath
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,332 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 30, 2009 12:32 |  #39

NYC2BGI wrote in post #9290234 (external link)
Try the NYC Aperture Group. It is the best photography group around.
http://www.meetup.com/​The-Aperture-Group/ (external link)

According to the "About Us" page, they meet in the Bronx. I tried to get directions from Google, and the location is very difficult to get to. Have they moved to a more accessible location?

Heath
"Some photographers push the envelope. Some sit behind a keyboard and criticize their accomplishments." (seen in the comments of a photo article)
Blog (external link)-Twitter (external link)-Zenfolio (external link)-500px (external link)-Pinterest (external link)-Gear List

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,694 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 31, 2009 09:38 as a reply to  @ Heath's post |  #40

shomat wrote in post #9287296 (external link)
Cool, where do you ride? I take the bus from my local ski shop up to Hunter every once in a while. I got a 3 pack of lift tickets for Christmas.

I wear a pair of Adidas running gloves. They're made of nylon or a similar material - thin enough that I can work the menu buttons.

I don't ride, my friend, I hike the mountain and take pictures of my daughter riding. You crazy or sumptin? ;) I'm an old man.

As to Adidas running gloves, don't be fooled for a moment. Shomat no run, that's for sure. He sort of lumbers about. :lol:

me

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,694 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 31, 2009 09:38 |  #41

Oh, we went to Ski Windham

shomat
798 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 31, 2009 10:40 |  #42

Windham's facilities are a lot nicer than Hunter.

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,694 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 31, 2009 21:05 |  #43

In what way? Do you mean the lodge, lifts, trails, all of the foregoing?

shomat
798 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 01, 2010 13:24 |  #44

I think Windham's lodge, lifts, cafeteria etc... are all a lot nicer than Hunter's, which seem run down in comparison.

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,727 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 01, 2010 19:36 |  #45

The crowd is much nicer at Windham...that is until MDJAK got there.

NYC Wedding Photographer (external link) | Blog (external link) | facebook (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Gear

sponsored links

209,548 views & 0 likes for this thread
NYC Meets?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.