Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Jan 2010 (Sunday) 21:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Zoombrowser Numbering Issue

BobsYourUncle
Goldmember
1,529 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 03, 2010 21:04 |  #1

I like and use Zoombrowser that came bundled with both my G2 and my G9. Overall it does the job well for me and I have not ventured out to find an alternative program.

However, I have one issue that irritates me and cannot seem to find a fix.

It's the way my photos show up in the preview screen.

I am inputting my slide collection as I scan them so I am giving them Folders and numbers according to the Kodak Carousel number I have them in. So my filename looks something like this: C7-1_Dec84.jpg all the way through C7-140_July85.jpg per folder.

The issue is that it will not sort them numerically but rather it will start with 100 to 109, then 10 then 110 through 119, then 11, then 120 to 129, 12, 130 to 139, 13, 140 then 14 through 19, then 1 and 20 to 29 and so on. The numbers all have a C5- in front of them, the number after the C being the carousel number.

This is really frustrating when I want to view them in order. Windows Explorer sorts them numerically just fine so I don't see why ZB won't.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Set Goals!! If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!
EOS 70D
G1X .... and this other stuff
G11 and
380EX & 430EX
G9 - DEAD (self destructed) I'll fix it one day!

Shellback
119 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 03, 2010 22:47 |  #2

If your numbers will be no longer then 3 digits then try 1 as 001. In other words the first file in a carousel would be C7-001_Dec84.jpg I also question the dash instead of an underscore between the carousel number and the file number. Maybe C7_001_Dec84 would work?

Another program you may want to try is Faststone image viewer. It's free and powerful. You can get it here: http://www.faststone.o​rg/FSViewerDetail.htm (external link) I'm not sure how it would handle you file labeling system though.

Somewhere between Woebegone and Faraway.

BobsYourUncle
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,529 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 04, 2010 10:42 as a reply to  @ Shellback's post |  #3

I didn't think about trying an underscore instead of a dash. Thanks - I'll try that.
And thanks for the alternate program suggestion.

EOS 70D
G11 and
380EX & 430EX

CarloY
681 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 04, 2010 17:34 as a reply to  @ BobsYourUncle's post |  #4

BobsYourUncle,

Not direct answer, but maybe helpful overall...
IrfanView has a nice Batch-processing feature. Under its advanced options, I can rename all files in a folder, or if I selectively select several (eg, Ctrl+Click) it will process just those selected. It can concatenate a string with a number SERIES.
For example: NYtrip_Oct08_###_water​tour (where ### will be an incrementing or decrementing number).

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

G9's... enthusiast and hobby clicker... toying w/ Canon 2x Tele & Raynox .7x Wide.

BobsYourUncle
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,529 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 04, 2010 18:14 as a reply to  @ CarloY's post |  #5

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for that. That is very helpful to me. After scanning in about 750 slides I realized that a bunch of them were mis-ordered and a few were missing, in the first 3 carousels of course! Not that it really matters but I am an absolute nitpicker for dumb details that don't matter.

I spent many hours re-ordering them and changing the filename on them by hand, one at a time. That would have saved me a bunch of work, especially because it can concatenate a string. I like that feature.

There is a good chance that I will get a couple thousand more slides into the project and then find another oops in my ordering.

Thanks

EOS 70D
G11 and
380EX & 430EX

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,234 views & 0 likes for this thread
Zoombrowser Numbering Issue
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.