Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 08 Jan 2010 (Friday) 14:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My Charging Station Setup

Supastudio
74 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 08, 2010 14:47 |  #1

Didn't see any photos of how anyone sets up their charging station so here is my charging station setup for my assortment of batteries. It includes chargers for my digital ELPHS, 5D Mark II, and 7D. I used to have my 20D and 30D chargers on there but they are now in my storage bag. I also have a MAHA AA/AAA battery charger/conditioner.

The actual charging station is the Belkin Compact Surge Protector. It works perfectly with the compact battery chargers Canon uses :)

https://photography-on-the.net …419474&stc=1&d=​1262983470

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
sapearl
Cream of the Crop
15,967 posts
Gallery: 128 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 08, 2010 14:50 |  #2

Looks like you've got some mean voltage action going on there! :D Is that the large - can't recall the model number - AA battery charger in the back row from Thomas Distributing? - Stu

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board

Supastudio
THREAD ­ STARTER
74 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 08, 2010 14:54 |  #3

sapearl wrote in post #9353291 (external link)
Looks like you've got some mean voltage action going on there! :D Is that the large - can't recall the model number - AA battery charger in the back row from Thomas Distributing? - Stu

I did get it from Thomas Distributing a few years back. I can't recall if it's the large one but it can charge 8 AA or AAA or a combination. It also does battery conditioning and slow charging. It's the best charger out there:) Having 8 slots is perfect for charging batteries for my speedlites. It is the "MAHA MH-C801D Eight cell 1-hour aa/aaa battery charger"

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 08, 2010 14:56 |  #4

Ha ha! Now thats some serious charging! Pretty cool!

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

isaax
167 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 08, 2010 15:53 |  #5

Wow, that's impressive! I'm gonna buy one of those surge protectors!

7D | EF 70-200 f4L IS | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | EF 50 1.4 | Tokina 11-16 2.8 | AB800 | 430EXII | Vivitar 285 | RadioPopper JRX Studio (x3)

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
15,967 posts
Gallery: 128 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 08, 2010 16:52 |  #6

Supa, which flavor of rechargeable batteries did you get with monster charger?

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board

Supastudio
THREAD ­ STARTER
74 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 08, 2010 18:23 |  #7

sapearl wrote in post #9354126 (external link)
Supa, which flavor of rechargeable batteries did you get with monster charger?

The charger came with some free ipowerus. I also have some powerex's, energizers, rayovac's, and duracells. I had them already so I haven't needed to by any new ones.

amyandmark3
Goldmember
1,796 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 08, 2010 18:58 as a reply to  @ Supastudio's post |  #8

Supa, is this the exact surge protector you have?--->> Belkin Surge at B&H (external link)

Re: rechargeable batteries... I cannot recommend Eneloops enough. They last FOREVER in my flash.

Mark

Supastudio
THREAD ­ STARTER
74 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 08, 2010 19:14 |  #9

amyandmark3 wrote in post #9354947 (external link)
Supa, is this the exact surge protector you have?--->> Belkin Surge at B&H (external link)

Re: rechargeable batteries... I cannot recommend Eneloops enough. They last FOREVER in my flash.

Thats it :).

I was going to buy the Eneloops, but realized my current batteries have never let me down. Once they do, I'll definitely switch over.

amyandmark3
Goldmember
1,796 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 08, 2010 19:32 |  #10

Thanks for confirming, I'll buy that strip once B/H is accepting orders tomorrow/sunday.

Ya, no need to buy Eneloops just for the sake of buying some batteries. If what you have is working, sweet. But, when time to buy new ones, look for the best deal you can get on the Eneloops, they really are that good.

Mark

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 09, 2010 00:20 |  #11

That's a sweet set up! I think I may buy that Belkin surge protector...

Bryan

My Gear List

Supastudio
THREAD ­ STARTER
74 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 30, 2010 18:42 as a reply to  @ bps's post |  #12

So how does everyone like their charging station setup with the belkin?

hfgarris
Goldmember
1,760 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 30, 2010 23:16 |  #13

Well ... I got one of the Belkin surge protectors after seeing your original post. It seems to do a good job with the convenient spacing, and keeps my Canon chargers where I can easily find them, as well as maintaining a degree of "neatness" in the chaos of my den. I like it...

-howard

CxThree
713 posts
Joined May 2009

Mar 31, 2010 00:01 |  #14

Thanks. Just ordered one.

Canon EOS 5D MKIII, 7D
Canon Lenses : 70-200 F2.8L II IS : 24-105 F4L IS : 16-35 F2.8L : 50mm F1.4 : 85mm F1.8 : 100mm F2.8 Macro : 10-22mm
4x 600EX-RT
Speedotron Black Line

speedline_fc
282 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 31, 2010 00:07 |  #15

Sweet.. just ordered one too, thanks Supa

My Flickr (external link)
https://photography-on-the.net …php?p=9822373#p​ost9822373

sponsored links

5,721 views & 0 likes for this thread
My Charging Station Setup
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.