Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 24 Jan 2010 (Sunday) 13:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D - Err 80 code!

williejr
746 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 24, 2010 13:46 |  #1

Has anyone else experience this with there 7D?

It looks like I had some kind of electrical failure. I was LCD was flashing a "BUSY", so I powered the 7D off, took out the battery and tried again. This time, I got an "ERR 80" and I decided to just shut the camera down and call Canon. They setup a service all for me immediately.

After recharging my battery overnight, I put it back in and gave it one more try. To my delight, it worked! I took it down anyway and dropped it off. I got to Canon and the lady at the front counter tried to troubleshoot the camera as I was explaining the problem. Guess what... My 7D would not turn on!! Even after a fresh recharge and she even tried her own battery.

gallixx
266 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 24, 2010 20:03 |  #2

got some similar problem with a 50D. It was serviced by canon, the told me it was the main circuit board.-

williejr
THREAD ­ STARTER
746 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Feb 02, 2010 14:20 |  #3

Just to report back for future search reference if this happens to another 7D owner.

I got my 7D back from Canon with no information on what they fixed. I had to call them back and ask them for a report for my records. The ERR 80 code was "Main PC Board" failure. It was covered under warranty. It is important to have your receipt because Canon will ask you for it so they can verify when the camera was purchased (for you used camera buyers). They did not even look at my warranty card, they just typed in the serial number and looked for the date on the store receipt when I dropped it off at the Irvine Repair Center.

FYI... Canon repairs have a 6 month warranty from the repair date. I asked them how much would this repair cost if this happened after my warranty expired, the repair would cost $180.00 (parts&labor).

Poe
Goldmember
1,956 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Dec 31, 2010 16:23 |  #4

That's not good! I just had an Err 80 on my top LCD, but I took out the battery, put it back in, and it went away. Might be good to have to looked at anyway. Thanks for finding out what it is!

Nikon D750, D7200 | Nikon-Nikkor 14-24G, 60G Micro, 70-300E | SIGMA 35A, 105 OS, 24-105 OS | ZEISS Distagon 2.0/25 Classic, Apo-Distagon 1.4/55 Otus, Apo-Planar 1.4/85 Otus, Makro-Planar 2/100 Classic, Apo-Sonnar 2/135 Classic

DorseyB
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 21, 2011 09:04 |  #5

williejr wrote in post #9461051 (external link)
Has anyone else experience this with there 7D?

It looks like I had some kind of electrical failure. I was LCD was flashing a "BUSY", so I powered the 7D off, took out the battery and tried again. This time, I got an "ERR 80" and I decided to just shut the camera down and call Canon. They setup a service all for me immediately.

After recharging my battery overnight, I put it back in and gave it one more try. To my delight, it worked! I took it down anyway and dropped it off. I got to Canon and the lady at the front counter tried to troubleshoot the camera as I was explaining the problem. Guess what... My 7D would not turn on!! Even after a fresh recharge and she even tried her own battery.

i just recently had the same problem with my 7d and it really freaked me out! I was shooting a birthday party and all of a sudden I saw this ERR 80 message. My camera would not shoot or anything! So the next morning I went to Best Buy and purchased another 7D brand new when I got to my studio I took the battery clip off and put it on the new camera took the memory card off and put it in the new camera and to my surprise when I tried to cut the new camera on, it had an ERR 80 message as well. THANK GOD is what I was thinking! so I swapped out memory cards and the camera took a few shots but then the message came back so I took off the battery clip and checked each battery individually because my battery clip held two batteries for all of you newbies :) what the problem ended up being for me it that I had a faulty memory card, and for some reason I only kept charging one battery so one was fully charged and the other wasnt so I charged both of them up bought a new battery just in case and bought 3 new memory cards and I havent seen that ERR 80 since.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

11,383 views & 0 likes for this thread
7D - Err 80 code!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.