Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 26 Jan 2010 (Tuesday) 19:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

MAC launches 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee for FlexTT5 & MiniTT1

williejr
746 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 26, 2010 19:47 |  #1

For those wondering about the units from PW, you can try them out for 30 days and return them if you are not satified. Sounds like a good deal to me...

http://www.pocketwizar​d.com …ts/news/30_day_​guarantee/ (external link)

Burlington, VT – January 26, 2010 – In a bold move certifying the performance and reliability of the new MiniTT1 and FlexTT5, PocketWizard's US Distributor, MAC Group, is offering an unprecedented 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee. Photographers can purchase the system, try it out for 30-days and if not completely satisfied, simply return it to their dealer for a full refund — no questions asked.

“We’re excited to offer professional photographers the unique opportunity to try the groundbreaking MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 system absolutely risk-free” noted Jan Lederman, President of MAC Group, PocketWizard’s U.S. distributor. “Our new 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee offer sends the message loud and clear that we’re committed to our customers, and serious about professional grade performance.”

To ensure the same level of unsurpassed performance to all existing MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 owners, PocketWizard is offering a free system check, with 24-hour in-house turnaround. Included is a free Version 5.0 firmware upgrade to bring them up to the latest standards.

“Version 5.0 is a very recent development that adds additional features for both new purchasers and current owners”, says Tim Neiley, President of PocketWizard. “A big advantage of the PocketWizard system is the ability for photographers to upgrade all of their MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 units to the latest operating system by simply downloading the latest firmware from the PocketWizard site.”

Lederman continued, “We are including a performance enhancing accessory, the AC5 RF Soft Shield with units we are currently shipping. The AC5 is a two-piece shield that isolates the RF noise produced by some Canon flash units to provide precise autoflash at great distances. We are also making it available at no charge to current owners. And now, with our 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee, there are more reasons than ever for photographers to step-up to PocketWizard.”

Lederman added, “The Mini and Flex are exciting products. They’re easy to use right out of the box and offer many advanced features that improve the overall Canon flash system performance.”

The 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee offer applies to purchases made within the USA, and runs from February 1st to April 30th, 2010. For details, go to PocketWizard.com

PocketWizard, the leader in wireless control and synchronization of cameras, flash lighting and light meters, is made by LPA Design, based in South Burlington, Vermont and sold by MAC Group in the USA and authorized distributors around the world.

sponsored links
MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,743 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 26, 2010 20:29 |  #2

You made a small typo. You said you can NOT try them out.

pgruiz123
232 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jan 26, 2010 20:57 as a reply to  @ MDJAK's post |  #3

Hopefully this will put an end to all the "Do they work threads?"

williejr
THREAD ­ STARTER
746 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 27, 2010 00:55 |  #4

MDJAK wrote in post #9478331 (external link)
You made a small typo. You said you can NOT try them out.

Fixed...

Hopefully this will put an end to all the "Do they work threads?"

I doubt it. I'm sure there were be a lot of ppl that will miss out on this offer. I have to give props to PW for backing up their product.

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 27, 2010 01:08 |  #5

This is awesome, helps me to pull the trigger that I was already going to pull.

mickeyjuice
Cream of the Crop
7,876 posts
Joined May 2003

Jan 27, 2010 02:54 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

A) Bet they don't extend that OS, and

B) surely they could have found someone who could write to put together the media release! That's appalling.

cheers, juice (Canon shooter, Elinchrom lighter, but pretty much agnostic on brands.)

spxxxx
Goldmember
1,151 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jan 27, 2010 07:42 |  #7

Not much good if you are outside the USA

Simon Revill
Wedding Photographer (external link)

LoganJ
174 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 27, 2010 10:39 |  #8

Unm.. Couldn't you return them anyways? As long as your dealer has a normal return policy I don't see this being that special. Am I missing something here?

Canon 50D w/ Grip | 17-40mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.2L | 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro | 70-200mm f/4L | 580EX II w/ Sto-Fen OmniBounce | Manfrotto 055XPROB legs w/ 488RC2 head | PocketWizard Mini TT1 & Flex TT5 |Sekonic L-358

CxThree
713 posts
Joined May 2009

Jan 27, 2010 10:44 |  #9

I attended the Mark Wallace Pocket Wizard meetup tour this weekend in Atlanta to test these out. I am VERY impressed with thier performance. As for noise, the sock solution relaly seems to knock that out completely. I was filmed at the end and they sprung the news of the new warranty on me to see my response and to put it on youtube. I bought PWs today. I feel this warranty will give everyone a chance to try them for themselves.

Canon EOS 5D MKIII, 7D
Canon Lenses : 70-200 F2.8L II IS : 24-105 F4L IS : 16-35 F2.8L : 50mm F1.4 : 85mm F1.8 : 100mm F2.8 Macro : 10-22mm
4x 600EX-RT
Speedotron Black Line

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,899 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Jan 27, 2010 17:27 |  #10

CxThree wrote in post #9482085 (external link)
I attended the Mark Wallace Pocket Wizard meetup tour this weekend in Atlanta to test these out. I am VERY impressed with thier performance. As for noise, the sock solution relaly seems to knock that out completely. I was filmed at the end and they sprung the news of the new warranty on me to see my response and to put it on youtube. I bought PWs today. I feel this warranty will give everyone a chance to try them for themselves.

Isn't the "30-day satisfaction guarantee" promotion supposed to start Feb 1. Is your purchase today covered by that promotion (not that I think you'll need it)?

...Leo

CxThree
713 posts
Joined May 2009

Jan 27, 2010 17:29 |  #11

Yes. I don't plan on returning them at all. I already have the socks from the workshop and saw all I needed to see there.

Canon EOS 5D MKIII, 7D
Canon Lenses : 70-200 F2.8L II IS : 24-105 F4L IS : 16-35 F2.8L : 50mm F1.4 : 85mm F1.8 : 100mm F2.8 Macro : 10-22mm
4x 600EX-RT
Speedotron Black Line

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 27, 2010 17:38 |  #12

I'm not familiar with these socks you speak of, do you have a link to more information on them?

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,899 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Jan 27, 2010 17:56 |  #13

ChrisMc73 wrote in post #9484929 (external link)
I'm not familiar with these socks you speak of, do you have a link to more information on them?

He's referring to the AC5 shield.

...Leo

CxThree
713 posts
Joined May 2009

Jan 27, 2010 19:00 |  #14

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=6lxUpfKiR-M (external link)

Here's Mark with a demo.

Canon EOS 5D MKIII, 7D
4x 600EX-RT
Speedotron Black Line

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 27, 2010 22:30 |  #15

PacAce wrote in post #9485056 (external link)
He's referring to the AC5 shield.

Oh I didn't realize they were actual socks, what is it about whatever that sock/AC5 is made out of that blocks the RF noise from interfering with the Flex TT5?

sponsored links

3,717 views & 0 likes for this thread
MAC launches 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee for FlexTT5 & MiniTT1
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.