Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 05 Feb 2010 (Friday) 16:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sheri (first try at beauty)

Stickman
Goldmember
1,964 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Feb 05, 2010 16:36 |  #1

Shooting images of people is certainly not one of my strengths, especially when its to make them look attractive. Sheri is one of the prettier and cooler people I know, and was game for playing around and seeing what we could come up with. Almost everything I usually shoot is with weapons or similar equipment, so this was very different for me. Instead of pictures to highlight a product, this was obviously done to highlight the beauty and form of a pretty girl.

We had a very limited amount of space to work with, so most of what was shot was on a white background.

This was setup with two background lights and two softboxes using Alien bees all around.

I'm sure there is loads that could have been done differently with the lighting, but if nothing else, a pretty girl always makes for a nice picture.

http://www.flickr.com …s/stickgunner/4​332773623/ (external link)

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2794/4332773623_aa8b678329_o.jpg

Stick
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/stickgunner/ (external link)

troymm
268 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 05, 2010 16:43 |  #2

Nice pic. But I just checked out your flickr and those are some great shot of some great weapons.

1D MKIII, 5D MKII, 40D, 24-70L, 35L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 135L, 85 1.8

1downfall
Goldmember
4,059 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 05, 2010 17:28 |  #3

Seems flat to me and you are losing detail in the hair on the right side. All in all, not bad considering your space constraints. I just don't see any "pop" to her eyes or skin.

Bill (external link)
Flickr (external link) My Gear
http://www.facebook.co​m …y/1428819857394​49?ref=sgm (external link)

cbknight
Goldmember
1,767 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 05, 2010 17:33 |  #4

I disagree OP. First try? I bet she has been a beauty all her life.

Looks good. Keep shooting her.

Craig
4K Photography Studio
[/URL]

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,246 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sheri (first try at beauty)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.